University of Minnesota Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I interviewed on October 11th. What about you?
November 1st. Do you know of anyone in your interview cohort who got accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

November 1st. Do you know of anyone in your interview cohort who got accepted?
No I don't :(
I think I should send an email to ask for an application status update, but I don't know if it would make me look pushy tho.

No I don't :(
I think I should send an email to ask for an application status update, but I don't know if it would make me look pushy tho.
I am in the same position! Interviewed in September and haven't heard any status updates - lmk when you do ask!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have an academic calendar for UofMinnesotas school of dentistry? Even just a d1 year

Does anyone know where I would be able to locate the projected cost of attendance? I swear I have found it on their website before, but now I can't find it at all. I've looked everywhere and can't find anything.

I received an invitation to interview via email today, applied 07/13/2021.

I'm Canadian and I declined my seat last week, good luck everyone!

I got my acceptance Dec 1st but am declining my seat. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got invited for an interview yesterday!

Can anyone who has gone through the interview please share what is like to go through the zoom interview with UMN? I'd really appreciate your help! Thanks :giggle:

Just got invited for an interview yesterday!

Can anyone who has gone through the interview please share what is like to go through the zoom interview with UMN? I'd really appreciate your help! Thanks :giggle:
Prepare with answering situational based questions and consulting the SDN practice questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else in the position where you interviewed prior to Dec but still haven’t heard back? MN is where I want to go, just don’t know if they have waitlists?

I got waitlisted as an in state tuition. I ranked 15, however, I got into CSU.

I’m slightly bummed out about not getting into the U from the bay! But I know of people that got in as 12th, 24th, 40th and 48th ranking place in the past.

I’ll see what happens.
How’d you know your rank?

Veterinary Medicine?
I never heard that UMN School of Dentistry releases ranking, as there are "none".

Is anyone else in the position where you interviewed prior to Dec but still haven’t heard back? MN is where I want to go, just don’t know if they have waitlists?
I was last year and am in the same boat this year as a re-applicant. I interviewed in November last cycle and October this current cycle and did not hear anything on decision day either cycle. Last cycle, I didn’t get a decision until end of March and it was a rejection. I’m expecting the same outcome and timeline for this cycle as well, as from my own experience and researching past cycles, it seems like the U prioritizes post-December interviewees over pre-Dec interviewees for available spots after December 1st. I believe they usually send rejections for those who have interviewed (whether pre or post Dec) around March and around the same time, they will also usually notify anyone who they’ve waitlisted. If you’re waitlisted, I believe you can hear through the spring/summer up until classes start. I just wanted to share my experience as someone who is IS, and has close ties to the SOD, as the U was my undergrad institution and I was very involved in SOD programs throughout college. It’s definitely disappointing and probably not the answer you want to hear :( But I wanted to share as I haven’t seen much information about this in past year’s threads. I can definitely update when I get my decision. I hope I’m wrong this year and that you end up hearing good news!! Good luck :)

Reactions: 2 users
I was last year and am in the same boat this year as a re-applicant. I interviewed in November last cycle and October this current cycle and did not hear anything on decision day either cycle. Last cycle, I didn’t get a decision until end of March and it was a rejection. I’m expecting the same outcome and timeline for this cycle as well, as from my own experience and researching past cycles, it seems like the U prioritizes post-December interviewees over pre-Dec interviewees for available spots after December 1st. I believe they usually send rejections for those who have interviewed (whether pre or post Dec) around March and around the same time, they will also usually notify anyone who they’ve waitlisted. If you’re waitlisted, I believe you can hear through the spring/summer up until classes start. I just wanted to share my experience as someone who is IS, and has close ties to the SOD, as the U was my undergrad institution and I was very involved in SOD programs throughout college. It’s definitely disappointing and probably not the answer you want to hear :( But I wanted to share as I haven’t seen much information about this in past year’s threads. I can definitely update when I get my decision. I hope I’m wrong this year and that you end up hearing good news!! Good luck :)
Thank you for posting this. This pretty much sums up my experience with the school. It seems if you went here for undergrad you are most definitely at a disadvantage. You would think it would be the opposite as they should recognize the rigor of their own program, especially their college of biological sciences program which has the reputation of being one of the most rigorous programs in the state. Al though it prepares the students well but also sets them up for failure when their hard work is not recognized by their own Alma matter. This is true for both their medical and dental schools.

Another obstacle for in state students, particularly those of color, is their lack of diversity. Although there is a huge focus on the paper to promote diversity and inclusivity, including their essays and recent addition of the faculty that represents diversity, this is how their matriculating class looks like. Given that the university is located in a very diverse area and their undergrad student body represents that, this picture speaks for itself!🙁

Hoping for more accountability and equity for this institute!

IMG_2754.jpeg

Damn! I’m Latino. I completed my undergraduate as a pre-vet student at the UMN-TC, but I got waitlisted in rank number 15.

During the interview I was told about them seeking minorities such as myself, but idk. We will see what happens.
Wish you all the best! It is difficult but not impossible.... hope you have a positive outcome!

Above is the class of 2024.
In the link is a UMN posted picture of the class of 2025
and in the attachment is their demographics. Pretty diverse I would say considering everything. And usually, it's close to M:F 50:50 ratio, except here.

Attachments

• 240711022_4521809531202619_4496711581492205844_n.jpg
    240711022_4521809531202619_4496711581492205844_n.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 128
I was just accepted today! I am beyond excited. Good luck to everyone still waiting :)

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard from Minnesota in the last week for acceptance or put on a waitlist. I interviewed in February and did the tour but have not heard back yet!

Does anyone know how full is the class list right now? I also interviewed in February and have not heard back. I wonder if the school is still sending out more acceptances?

Does anyone know how full is the class list right now? I also interviewed in February and have not heard back. I wonder if the school is still sending out more acceptances?
idk how full but i looked at the facebook group and it’s 100. i also interviewed in february and have not heard any updates

Reactions: 1 user
idk how full but i looked at the facebook group and it’s 100. i also interviewed in february and have not heard any
idk how full but i looked at the facebook group and it’s 100. i also interviewed in february and have not heard any updates
Would you post this on Facebook? Maybe there would be a response from some of the 100 if they recently heard back.

Ask this on Facebook and maybe see the response. Hopefully we will all hear something very soon!

I went to the last interview date and they said we were interviewing for open spots

I was accepted just now! So excited! Good luck to everyone still waiting.

they seem to have interviewed super late this year… anybody else feel that?

Just got the email for alternate list. Anyone have any idea how many people they have accepted from this list in the past?

also just got the email, does this mean all seats are filled since everyone has been interviewed?