University of Minnesota Supplemental

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

atoms

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone know where to find the University of Minnesota supplemental application? The link that's provided on their site keeps redirecting me to the main page.

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck, this one was such a long one

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if we have to complete the activities and honors section, even if everything you put would be the same as the AADSAS application?

Last edited:
You do, and that's why three months later I still haven't submitted it.

You do, and that's why three months later I still haven't submitted it.
haha, I thought I was the only one.

I've heard amazing things about the program but with work, summer school, and other responsibilities..I don't have the time (or motivation) to sit down and reiterate all the same information that I put in my AADSAS application. I mean there's only so many ways you can write about "Why Dentistry" without going insane.

haha, I thought I was the only one.

I've heard amazing things about the program but with work, summer school, and other responsibilities..I don't have the time (or motivation) to sit down and reiterate all the same information that I put in my AADSAS application. I mean there's only so many ways you can write about "Why Dentistry" without going insane.

You guys aren't kidding. I had to FORCE myself to finish that one.

They also are the only ones that require a letter from a volunteer supervisor, so I had to track down that as well. Awesome.

You guys aren't kidding. I had to FORCE myself to finish that one.

They also are the only ones that require a letter from a volunteer supervisor, so I had to track down that as well. Awesome.

Volunteer supervisor? I don't remember needing to submit that...

Volunteer supervisor? I don't remember needing to submit that...

Read the e-mail that says they received your app. I don't think it's a big deal though. I called and they said if you can get one to get one, if not, they'll use the letter submitted through AADSAS.

I never got an e-mail saying that they received my supplemental. I contacted the director of admissions a few weeks ago and she said that she received all of my information and would be reviewing it in the near future. Should I be concerned?

Read the e-mail that says they received your app. I don't think it's a big deal though. I called and they said if you can get one to get one, if not, they'll use the letter submitted through AADSAS.

Mine said "2 letters of recommendation from science/math faculty, and 1 letter of recommendation from an employer or volunteer supervisor" I had one from my employer (dentist), so I guess that sufficed.

How long did it take for you to receive that email after you completed your app?
And do you have to tell them you can't get one for them to begin reading AADSAS letters or will they just read after supp app is completed?

How long did it take for you to receive that email after you completed your app?
And do you have to tell them you can't get one for them to begin reading AADSAS letters or will they just read after supp app is completed?

Three weeks after my mailing date. I assume after you submit the supp. they prepare your file for review. At least that's the vibe I got from them. I wouldn't sweat it unless you can get a great letter from an employer or volunteer supervisor, in other words, don't get one if it will be weak, kind of a waste.

Ah cool, thanks. I've only received one e-mail about logging on to the supp app.

I got the "received" email about 2 weeks after my aadsas was sent and then an interview invite about a month after "received"

I got the "received" email about 2 weeks after my aadsas was sent and then an interview invite about a month after "received"

It's be quite awhile then.

Grats to you though! It sounds like a great program. Good luck with the interview :)

I just registered for the application. Ugh, how tedious! I don't mind writing the 6000 character response, but reinputting all my AADSAS stuff in a slightly different format is such a chore.

u dont need to max it out....

I just registered for the application. Ugh, how tedious! I don't mind writing the 6000 character response, but reinputting all my AADSAS stuff in a slightly different format is such a chore.