University of MN-TC waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnboy12

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a 36O, 3.7, fun-loving MN boy, with good E.C.'s and I received a wait-list
at the U today. Anybody else wait-listed and/or know anything about the nature of the U's wait-list?:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

at the U today. Anybody else wait-listed and/or know anything about the nature of the U's wait-list?:confused:

Impressive! Sorry to hear about the wait list, I'm still waiting to hear about an interview. I've heard they give you a # and you just keep calling some phone number and they update you if your # has changed like #45 is now #2 etc...From my friends who have applied over the past few years, they told me it moves less than 40 spots?

Anyone know how many interviews / acceptances Twin Cities does each year?

Members don't see this ad :)

well, the important thing is you learned your lesson and won't slack on the writing section when you re-take your MCAT...

other than some sarcasm, i got nothing for you. I have similar stats and am applying from OOS. I thought my chances were good, but now I'm not so sure. Thanks for the reality check i guess!

I am a MN resident and I got waitlisted, too! :( Luckily I got into my other top choice school. I don't know anything about the waitlist and how it moves. We'll just have to see I guess. Good luck to the OP with your other schools!!! :luck:

If you're a white male that isn't that much of a suprise. Sorry, that is how they roll...Im a resident too.

My friend who applied last year got off the waitlist in early July. I think he was mid to uppder 30.

Thanks nmarie. Gratefully, I already have been accepted at another of my top schools. Yet, no love from our state school...what gives?? Thus is life, I guess. Let the waiting begin!!

Thanks nmarie. Gratefully, I already have been accepted at another of my top schools. Yet, no love from our state school...what gives?? Thus is life, I guess. Let the waiting begin!!

My wife works with an ENT practice in the twin cities and they all say the same thing about admissions at UM-TC..."sucks". They turn away a lot of great in-state candidates and greatly prefer minorities and women (no offense). What are you gonna do??? You can only apply elsewhere :mad:

Anyone know how full their class is?

Johnboy12 may I ask when you interviewed? I interviewed in late November as an OOS applicant and was told we would hear shortly after the holidays...still waiting though

Thanks

I interviewed 11/20, too. :)

wow, they really hate you in staters ;(

I'm a 21 white male OOS 3.7 gpa, 33Q mcat, good EC/medical experience and a pretty good interview.

I finished my application on 10/20, interview offered on 11/1, interviewed on 11/9 and accepted on 1/5.

Maybe they want my out of state cash money. anyway, let me know if any other OOS white dudes got in.

if so, seeya next year.