University of Pacific Class of 2021 (Fall '17 Applicants)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yorietran

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi ya'll, I realized nobody has made a thread for this year so here it is...

Anyone submitted their application for Early Decision yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi! I also applied and already had my interview does anyone know when should I expect to hear back from them?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I received an email today that says I'm being placed on "hold". Does anyone else hear anything differently?
I was also placed on hold. Are you early decision applicant?

Idk about ED applicants but for regular decisions, it means your application won't be reviewed until late March. In most cases, you are placed at the top, middle, or low portion of the waiting list. Sometimes you get accepted between now and March, but I don't want to get your hopes up.

I applied as well and was also put on “hold” which is ridiculous because I thought applying ED would give you better chances but it seems like they would rather get through all their applications tiers and then if they have spots left over look at the hold list

What is everyone’s stats if you don’t mind me asking? I’m just trying to gauge a better understanding of why we were placed on hold

is it too late to apply here -- more like is end of October too late since I am still working on my PHARMCAS application? my stats are so-so. I am non-traditional w/ 3.60 cGPA, 3.55 sGPA, MPH degree, and lots of first author medical research publications and post-secondary teaching experience mostly related to clinical pharmacy.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Is "hold" for ED applicants the same as being deferred to regular applicant status?

Haven't checked back in a while. I applied ED, submitted my PharmCas 09/03. Interviewed on 09/22 and got accepted on 09/26.
I hope you guys will hear back from them soon!!!

What is everyone’s stats if you don’t mind me asking? I’m just trying to gauge a better understanding of why we were placed on hold
I got accepted so I hope this would help?
sGPA: 3.68, cGPA: 3.71 @ UC Davis EEB major
Lots of clinical stuff but mostly medical related, nothing really pharmacy (3 mission trips with extensive leadership, student run clinic for 3 years with leadership, hospital volunteer throughout 4 years)
Work as a tutor throughout college, Behavior Technician for Autistic kids, shift manager (for a restaurant) and administrative assistant for Deloitte during my "gap" year (consulting firm. I thought I wanted to do Master of Health Admin)
Volunteer (non profits, kind of all over the place)
4 letters: English teacher 2nd year, Director of Mission trip (MD), Anesthesiologist from mission trip I worked with, Owner of tutoring place
Essays are okay I guess... I wrote all 3 of them in a rush so i dont think it's the best.

OMG DID YOU INTERVIEW ON 09/22?
Yes! I just heard back but was placed on hold. My sgpa is about 3.6 and I have years experience working and volunteering in a pharmacy and hospital. My letters of rec came from my English professor, my general chem professor, and a pharmacist that I worked with but congrats!! Good luck to you.

Yes! I just heard back but was placed on hold. My sgpa is about 3.6 and I have years experience working and volunteering in a pharmacy and hospital. My letters of rec came from my English professor, my general chem professor, and a pharmacist that I worked with but congrats!! Good luck to you.
Hmm that's weird! Seems like we got similar stats but I already got my acceptance letter. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!! Let me know how it goes.

anyone apply Tier 2 or even Tier 3 hear back yet on an interview? I applied Tier 3 so am expecting to be waiting well into next year before I hear back.

anyone apply Tier 2 or even Tier 3 hear back yet on an interview? I applied Tier 3 so am expecting to be waiting well into next year before I hear back.
OHHH that was quick. I applied tier 3 on Oct 30th and already received an interview invite. Only 2 options available - Nov 17th and Jan 12th so will be interviewing Nov 17th. Stats are meh (3.55 sGPA and 3.60 cGPA); nontraditional with heavy research background, minimal clinical experience, ties to NorCal and Central Valley

Applied last sunday, got an interview Jan 12th!
P.S. The deadline was moved back to Jan 5! Good luck everyone

I received an email today that says I'm being placed on "hold". Does anyone else hear anything differently?
Hey. I applied on 12/02/2017 and heard back today that my application is placed on "committee hold" and won't be invited for the January interview but will hear prior to the February one. Has anyone else gotten this callback?

hi everyone! was accepted to uop pharm in nov, has anyone else heard back yet?

Posting for others who are also wondering-

They sent out emails today regarding the committee's decision.

Reactions: 1 users
Posting for others who are also wondering-

They sent out emails today regarding the committee's decision.

Ah man. Do you know if they sent emails for people on the waitlist? Or just people who got accepted?

Ah man. Do you know if they sent emails for people on the waitlist? Or just people who got accepted?
At the interview, they said that everyone will be notified of their status regardless if they're accepted, waitlisted, or denied. I would give them a call tomorrow if they didn't get back to you yet. I only knew 1 other person at the interview and they got an email too. I hope that helps.

Would any of you guys who already interviewed mind telling me what the interview process was like?

Would any of you guys who already interviewed mind telling me what the interview process was like?
When you get there, you get assigned a group number which tells you the order that you will have the writing assessment, interview, and presentation/tour. I got the writing portion > tour > interviews so I felt like I was super tired and drained by that time. The prompt was not difficult because it was very opinion based and not scientific at all. The interview was a little more tiring because you'd get a faculty first then switch after 20-25 minutes to get interviewed by a P2 (or vice versa). At times it felt like I had to repeat what I said when I switched from faculty to student interviewer. Not sure how it was for other people but I got asked A LOT of questions that tested my personality and problem solving during times of conflict.

Did anyone here back for the February interview?