University of Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AcidETCH

UPENN SDM '07
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be interviewing at U.of Pitt. next week. I've would like to know more about the school in the event (most likely) they ask me questions relating to their program. Is the school a good school to attend? What are the facilities like? Are they known for clinical care or research?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'll also be interviewing at Pittsburgh next week. I also would like to inquire about the "writing sample". What is the general question format type for this? Also, do they put you on the hot seat with questions? :eek: (haha) Anybody have any idea of how Pittsburgh evaluates the applicants based upon the interview? I understand that this interviewing evaluation differs from school to school, is that correct?

I'll be at pitt too!! where are you guys staying?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone going to the 10/28 Interview at U.Pitts? Btw, are we going to be expected to write essays during the interview? does anyone know??

NSXDent

Hehe, I got rejected from Pitt 3 yrs ago. I really liked the school though. It's just that the school doesn't like me.

It has a small class size and the faculties bend backward to help you pass. That's one good thing and I like that. Back in the good old day when I interview, there was no assay or anything like that. But I guess that they just want to know if you can read or write english well.

My interview was very laid back. Other candidates thought that their interview was nice as well. Their clinic looks okay to me. I have no problem with their facility. The city is kind of ugly but if you stay in the nice area, you don't have to worry. The campus is beautiful in its own way.

While you're in Pitt, make sure you look at the museum, the old classrooms on the main campus and the church. It's historic and interesting.

I stayed at the Wyndham Garden. The bellman drove us to the interview and pick us up afterward. It's the closest to the school. Only 3 blocks away.

Best
T

EAK27: I'll be driving down from Canada and will just find any motel that's available. Don't know whether this is a good idea or not. Oh, it's my dad's idea since he'll be accompanying me.

FutureNSXDent: I will also be interviewing on the 28th. Maybe I'll see you there. Hahah, kind of scared travelling to the states especially with all the sniping and all.

I believe there is a 25min writing component....interesting because I've never experience this kind of interview process before. I also believe that Temple requires some sort of essay writing component. That should be fun. ;)

-Really scared Canadian (AcidETCH)

Pitt tends to interview lots of people on the same day, so if you book your hotel late, chances are you won't have a place to stay.

The day I was there, it was a game day, and the hotel was full. There was only 1 room left and I booked right away.

I met the Notre Dam players while I was staying at the hotel. So, if you plan to go with your dad's plan, check out the football schedule first.
BTW, the old museum was demolished and they built a new one. So, football may not be a problem any more.

T

Damn, told my dad to book early. Oh well, hopefully I'll be able to find a cheap motel somewhere and drive to the school early in the morning. If all else fails, might just sleep in the car. BTW, is Pittsburgh safe?

AE

Is Pitt safe? Not really.

I don't know what to say, it's not like Oakland, CA. But it's not a place you should sleep in the car. And it's cold at that time too.

Best
T

hey after you guys interview there can you please post on how it went? laid-back, uptight, lots of kids, what are your chances after receiving an interview? thanks :)

I went to Pitt for one year during my undergraduate. I would think it is a safe place and I never had a problem with it.

Pitt is located in oakland and is a relatively small town. But it is also convenient to get around. I remember when I was at Pitt, I could ride on the bus or MTA for free just by showing the Pitt ID card.