University of Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joeliu0112

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!
Just wondering, for the people that received an email from Rose stating that their AADSAS application was downloaded . . .

"If you have already sent your check, it is being processed. Please be patient, and restrain from phoning the admissions office at this time to check on your “status”, or to see if your check has arrived. No status changes will be made until February. Interviews are granted by invitation only. Invitations will be emailed beginning in late December."

Did anyone get an interview invitation yet? I am getting a bit worried because it is already into the 2nd week of January and I did not receive anything yet!

Thanks a lot everyone.

Joeliu0112

Members don't see this ad.

I had my interview Nov 26th, and my acceptance Nov 30th, so they are sending out stuff, btw that's pretty balsy applying to only one school, your stats are pretty good but still heh :)

Pitt is nortoriously bad for not getting back to applicants. Just be patient and good luck. Is Pitt really the only school you applied to?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, thanks for responding.
Yes Pitt is the only school I applied to. I want to stay close to my hometown.
Also, I'm an early applicant too (currently a Junior). I finished all prereqs sophomore year and I took my DAT's in early september. I've been in touch w/ Rose and Dr. Etzel at Pitt Dental school for the past couple of years, and they all gave me the OK to apply early. Since Pitt was the only school I applied to, I even talked about the school in my personal statement! Maybe some of you would disagree and think isn't wise to do that, but my pre health advisors loved how it showed my love for the school, so I stuck w/ it.
I am pretty much finished w/ all of my required classes and I will have well over 90 credits by the end of the semester. I really just can't see myself going anywhere except for Pitt D-school. I like the facilities, it is close to my home, and my parents help me out a lot since I am close.
If I don't make it this cycle, I would just finish my degree and apply again next cycle . . . hopefully I won't have to do that though!

Thanks again for the input!

Pitt is nortoriously bad for not getting back to applicants. Just be patient and good luck. Is Pitt really the only school you applied to?

anything new on pitt? i agree i've heard they're really bad about getting in contact with but I cant' get anything from them!! I've even emailed rose and tried calling so much...NOTHING! I am questioning now if they really even do know that my app is complete. Anyone have any more suggestions on how to reach pitt please?

Hey!
They finally got back to me!
I am interviewing Feb 18th.
How about everyone else?

I just got the email for an interview too, I'm still deciding whether I will attend or not :D
Prior to this interview invite, I didn't hear anything from them about whether my application is completed or not, i thought i was rejected since i applied very early in the process

I just got the email for an interview too, I'm still deciding whether I will attend or not :D
Prior to this interview invite, I didn't hear anything from them about whether my application is completed or not, i thought i was rejected since i applied very early in the process

exact same situation here. i just started a thread about it hahaha.

How many people does Pitt interview each day? An earlier post says like 60 or something! That's a lot so I don't think it's accurate. If they're already booking for feb and they do interview that many a day then wow are there really just waitlist spots left?

anyone how full their class is so far? called yesterday and got no response.