University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Who

Future MD...
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to know if anyone has any information on the university of Puerto Rico school of medicine. I know that it is considered a fully accredited US medical school but I still haveent heard much about it. I was also accepted to another med school but tuittion and fees are just too much for me ($23,000/ yr), especially when I only pay $5,000 a year in tuition at UPR.
I went down there and I really enjoyed staying there. The tropical weather is perfect (It would be nice to study by the beach in january). So far I am thinking seriously about going there.
Althought the medical school does have fully accredited residency programs of its own, what if I decide to do a residency in the US mainland?Does it really make a difference if I study medicine at PR?
With tuition so low at a fully accredited school of medicine and cost of living there reasonably low I beleieve its a combination thats hard to beat. Any opinion will be greatly appreciated. :D

Members don't see this ad.

dr who, i just posted some info on the allopathic forum, just to let you know in case you wouldnt check there anymore.