Program-Specific Info / Q's University of Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know when is the start date for university of the sciences?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you think they have filled the class yet? Because I submitted my OTCAS on January 19, but it is still not verified yet. Because of all the snow storm issues, the office hasn't been working on verifying, and they are on January 13 still. Hopefully the next time they verify my application gets verified. I know its plenty of time until the 27th, but I know the downsides of applying late. However, I have heard they still have many spots open even in February since Philadelphia has so many OTschools and Usciences is not the best ranked amongst those. Nevertheless, I may be wrong. I just really hope to get into the school. Does anybody know if they accept lower end GPA's ? by lower i mean close to 3.0?

Do you think they have filled the class yet? Because I submitted my OTCAS on January 19, but it is still not verified yet. Because of all the snow storm issues, the office hasn't been working on verifying, and they are on January 13 still. Hopefully the next time they verify my application gets verified. I know its plenty of time until the 27th, but I know the downsides of applying late. However, I have heard they still have many spots open even in February since Philadelphia has so many OTschools and Usciences is not the best ranked amongst those. Nevertheless, I may be wrong. I just really hope to get into the school. Does anybody know if they accept lower end GPA's ? by lower i mean close to 3.0?

After you are verified, USciences sends you a supplemental form to fill out and send back. After that you will be eligible for review from their committee. I sent my OTCAS on Oct 29th and my date for USciences is November 10th after the supplemental form. I have been in contact with the director and still haven't heard a decision. It seems to take awhile and she said they go in order which they receive the application. I talked to her last on Jan 7th and she said I should know in a month or so. Not sure how many spots are filled though. And the average GPA accepted is 3.3, so I'm guessing they accept some in the lower 3.0's

Members don't see this ad :)
Can any university of the sciences students tell me what the academic calendar is like? Like... when do you attend classes and when do you have time off? A general overview is all I need, not looking for anything specific. How much of the summer is spent in class? When do semesters start and end, etc?

Reactions: 1 user

I think you're right. There should be spots open because a lot of people get accepted into other programs near by that are not only ranked higher but much cheaper than usciences. But on the other end, Im pretty sure Usciences is the only OT program in philly that doesn't require any grad entrance exams... So I'm sure that brings applicants their way..You could always call and ask them if they still have a lot of open spots.

Also, My gpa is a 3.2 And I was accepted here so I do believe they accept lower GPAs as long as you have other strengths like a strong statement, good experiences, an upward trend in academics..etc

I think you're right. There should be spots open because a lot of people get accepted into other programs near by that are not only ranked higher but much cheaper than usciences. But on the other end, Im pretty sure Usciences is the only OT program in philly that doesn't require any grad entrance exams... So I'm sure that brings applicants their way..You could always call and ask them if they still have a lot of open spots.

Also, My gpa is a 3.2 And I was accepted here so I do believe they accept lower GPAs as long as you have other strengths like a strong statement, good experiences, an upward trend in academics..etc

Congrats on you acceptance. Would you mind sharing some of your other stats and when you were accepted? I am still waiting to hear back, submitted my application early November. Thanks!

Congrats on you acceptance. Would you mind sharing some of your other stats and when you were accepted? I am still waiting to hear back, submitted my application early November. Thanks!

Thank you! I was verified in late September and accepted mid nov. My stats are posted on this thread it should only be a few pages back. Good luck I hope you hear back soon!

@TeelovesOt My GPA is a 2.92, on their website it says the minimum is 2.75 but on OTCAS its says 3.0 , however my last 60 hours are a 3.65 I hope they look at that. Also I have over 200 hours of experience. Hopefully they look at that too. Are you attending?

USciences starts May 26. Who is definitely attending?

Once your application is verified by OTCAS, how long does it take for them to send you the supplemental application?

Why don't I remember doing Usciences supplemental app? haha I thought everything was on otcas? so many apps, I forget lol

@TeelovesOt My GPA is a 2.92, on their website it says the minimum is 2.75 but on OTCAS its says 3.0 , however my last 60 hours are a 3.65 I hope they look at that. Also I have over 200 hours of experience. Hopefully they look at that too. Are you attending?

When I went to the open house they said they were looking for a 2.75. But your GPA for your last 60 credits is definitely competitive I'm sure they will notice that!
I'm not attending I decided to go with Jefferson.

Members don't see this ad :)
Once your application is verified by OTCAS, how long does it take for them to send you the supplemental application?

My OTCAS was verified Oct 9th, I designated USciences Nov 4th, and they just sent the supplemental app to me last thursday, so they could start reviewing my application. So for me it was when they finally got to my application in the order it was sent to them and it's under review now.

My OTCAS was was verified on Jan 5th and I sent it out the following day, I still have yet to receive the supplemental app. Do you think they haven't looked at my application yet that is why I haven't received the supplemental application? I just need to get into a school I'm so nervous!

@CJ0705 Did you receive the supplemental application yet? The waiting process is difficult. I think more spaces are being filled up/ how big is their class size?

@CJ0705 Did you receive the supplemental application yet? The waiting process is difficult. I think more spaces are being filled up/ how big is their class size?

When I went to the open house in November, they said they offer 75 acceptances but the class size is about 40 I think? So they probably leave room for those that might decline for other schools.

My application was verified at the end of October, and I filled out my supplemental application within 2 weeks from then. I just heard back today that I got in.

So I guess there is no clear timeline of when you're supposed to hear back. I hope that helps!

My application was verified at the end of October, and I filled out my supplemental application within 2 weeks from then. I just heard back today that I got in.

So I guess there is no clear timeline of when you're supposed to hear back. I hope that helps!
Congrats! Will you be attending? I'm about the same timeline as you. Hoping to hear back this week.

I'm still waiting on my supplemental application. I'm going to call tomorrow because I'm curious why I still haven't received it!!

I applied at the end of October and completed their supp app maybe a week or two after. They contacted me for a syllabus for one of the prereq classes and that's all. I got an email this evening inviting me to an accepted students day, but haven't heard about being accepted? Haha kinda confused. How did everyone find out they were accepted? If it was through the mail then maybe it's just delayed from all the snow (in CT). Otherwise not sure if I should consider that as an acceptance letter? Didn't even mention the OT program it just said congrats on being accepted to usciences. Also does anyone know how much the tuition is?

I applied at the end of October and completed their supp app maybe a week or two after. They contacted me for a syllabus for one of the prereq classes and that's all. I got an email this evening inviting me to an accepted students day, but haven't heard about being accepted? Haha kinda confused. How did everyone find out they were accepted? If it was through the mail then maybe it's just delayed from all the snow (in CT). Otherwise not sure if I should consider that as an acceptance letter? Didn't even mention the OT program it just said congrats on being accepted to usciences. Also does anyone know how much the tuition is?

I would consider that an acceptance…. although I think they notify by phone initially, maybe you missed it or something? I would just contact them to be sure.

From my understanding, it is $1,574 per credit with a 97 credit program but somehow that seems impossible, so I'm not sure.

Congrats! Will you be attending? I'm about the same timeline as you. Hoping to hear back this week.

Thank you! I most likely will not be attending USciences. When Aimee called me she said she'd be sending an official acceptance letter in the mail and unless they give me a substantial amount of money (which is unlikely lol) I will not go just because it's cost is much higher than the other schools I've been accepted to in Philly. I feel like Philadelphia is the mecca of OT so my main goal was to get into a school in this area. You can't go wrong!

If I want to contact someone, and or email who should I email and who should I address them as? Please let me know, because I am seriously considering bugging them, so they know that I am serious about attending the school. I am only betting on about 3/6 schools that applied and Usciences is one of them.

If I want to contact someone, and or email who should I email and who should I address them as? Please let me know, because I am seriously considering bugging them, so they know that I am serious about attending the school. I am only betting on about 3/6 schools that applied and Usciences is one of them.

Here is the contact info of the director. I have spoken to her a number of times through the process and she has been pretty good with responding. Hopefully this helps you! When were you verified and everything?

Aimee Viggiani

Associate Director of Transfer/Professional Admission

University of the Sciences

600 South 43rd St., Philadelphia, PA 19104

215-596-7505 (O) 215-596-8821 (F)

I received the email about accepted student day AFTER being accepted... I actually just got the letter in the mail confirming my scheduled day.

Thank you! I most likely will not be attending USciences. When Aimee called me she said she'd be sending an official acceptance letter in the mail and unless they give me a substantial amount of money (which is unlikely lol) I will not go just because it's cost is much higher than the other schools I've been accepted to in Philly. I feel like Philadelphia is the mecca of OT so my main goal was to get into a school in this area. You can't go wrong!

Very true, philly is a great area to be! Good luck to you with everything. Crossing my fingers for a phone call this week :unsure:

I would consider that an acceptance…. although I think they notify by phone initially, maybe you missed it or something? I would just contact them to be sure.

From my understanding, it is $1,574 per credit with a 97 credit program but somehow that seems impossible, so I'm not sure.

Yikes :wideyed: that's a lot of money

I received the email about accepted student day AFTER being accepted... I actually just got the letter in the mail confirming my scheduled day.

Are you definitely attending usciences? When were you verified and accepted?

Not sure, I was accepted around christmas time. Money is due soon lol

Here is the contact info of the director. I have spoken to her a number of times through the process and she has been pretty good with responding. Hopefully this helps you! When were you verified and everything?

Aimee Viggiani

Associate Director of Transfer/Professional Admission

University of the Sciences

600 South 43rd St., Philadelphia, PA 19104

215-596-7505 (O) 215-596-8821 (F)

My application was verified February 5, and could I also have her email?

Thanks for the help guys! I contacted Aimee, and it turns out I was accepted. With all the snow, the letter is just taking longer to get here in the mail. I will probably go to accepted students day next weekend, so maybe I'll meet some of you then!

How fast is she at replying to emails?

I just gave her a call about a half hour ago and she looked up my app no problem. Told me it's still in the department and I should know by the end of the week. She's really nice if you call her and just ask the status of your application. When I emailed her though, she would get back fairly quickly. Maybe a few days

I called Aimee today and left a message, she never got in touch with me so I just emailed her! I really really hope this whole supplemental application situation can be settled because I really want to be accepted into this school!

I think Ill give her a call tomorrow if she doesn't reply by tomorrow, I just want to know what the status of my application is, or at least I get a supplemental application.

I'm assuming she is really busy. She normally responds to me right away (sometimes within hrs), but I noticed she hasn't responded to my most email yet either.
I would also assume that those waiting to be accepted won't hear back until the end of Feb. That is when the deposit is due for those who have already been accepted. Once people decide if they are going to send the deposit or not I'm sure that will clear up space for those of you waiting.

She replied to me pretty quickly, within an hour. I'm sure they are holding off giving responses to some people (as annoying and awful as that is) to see how many spots they have after deposits are due. No news is definitely good news! Be patient and it'll pay off. I submitted my app in October and just found out I was accepted.

I
My OTCAS was was verified on Jan 5th and I sent it out the following day, I still have yet to receive the supplemental app. Do you think they haven't looked at my application yet that is why I haven't received the supplemental application? I just need to get into a school I'm so nervous!
I was verified in October, but I didn't designate Usciences until the end of December. I received the supplemental application about two weeks ago. I wouldn't worry about it yet!

I

I was verified in October, but I didn't designate Usciences until the end of December. I received the supplemental application about two weeks ago. I wouldn't worry about it yet!

Did you hear back yet? I know you just submitted your supplemental application, but sometimes if you're a good candidate they reply fast, so just wondering. Is Usciences one of your top choices? What other schools have you applied to? Any Jersey Schools?

I wouldn't worry. Aimee didn't answer my emails more than a few times actually. Even when I saw that she was communicating with other people on the same day or even after I sent my email... I found that she still hadn't answered mine. So it was frustrating! I got her voicemail when I called too. But then she called me after the weekend passed to let me know I was accepted!!

I wouldn't worry. Aimee didn't answer my emails more than a few times actually. Even when I saw that she was communicating with other people on the same day or even after I sent my email... I found that she still hadn't answered mine. So it was frustrating! I got her voicemail when I called too. But then she called me after the weekend passed to let me know I was accepted!!
IF you don't mind me asking, what were your stats?

IF you don't mind me asking, what were your stats?

3.25 overall, last 60 credits was closer to a 3.6-3.7. Gre: V149, Q151, 4. 70 observation hours in 2 settings. I truly think my LORs were very strong and part of the reason why I am hearing such positive feedback from schools I applied to. I also have volunteer hours in various settings.

For those of you who were accepted and didn't post your stats yet, do you mind posting? I really hope I get accepted here too because I'm not having much luck with the other schools I applied to :( When I emailed Aimee the other day she said they are on apps that were submitted Nov 10. Mines was submitted Nov 13, so she said that I would hear back within 3 weeks.

For those of you who were accepted and didn't post your stats yet, do you mind posting? I really hope I get accepted here too because I'm not having much luck with the other schools I applied to :( When I emailed Aimee the other day she said they are on apps that were submitted Nov 10. Mines was submitted Nov 13, so she said that I would hear back within 3 weeks.

Where else did you apply? I am having the same problem, really hoping to get accepted to usciences. My supplemental app was submitted to them Nov 10th and I call Aimee yesterday and she said hopefully by the end of the week I should know. So hopefully for you its sooner than 3 weeks!

Apparently I got accepted last Friday but still have yet to receive my letter in the mail... So maybe your acceptance letters are on their way in the mail! My overall gpa was a 3.5 and prereq was somewhere between a 3.5 and 3.7 (I retook two classes for better grades so not sure how they calculated that) GRE scores were 150 Q, 148 V, 5 A. I had about 105 hrs in various settings and some relevant volunteer hours and extracurriculars. I think my essay was helpful too.

3.25 overall, last 60 credits was closer to a 3.6-3.7. Gre: V149, Q151, 4. 70 observation hours in 2 settings. I truly think my LORs were very strong and part of the reason why I am hearing such positive feedback from schools I applied to. I also have volunteer hours in various settings.

My stats are actually similar, except I applied later, and my overall OTCAS gpa is 2.92. Which is sadly, on the lower end. My last 60 hours however, are 3.65. I have about 284 hours of observation in three/four different settings, every school looks at these differently. Not even sure if Usciences will consider this. Since my prereq gpa is also 2.9 But that is because of one retake. I also have two prereqs to complete. One in the process and the other most likely through Uscienes itself before classes start, if I even get a supplemental application to clarify all of that.

Not sure if the range of 2.75- to 2.99 even gets considered. Just very anxious about all of this.

I heard back from Aimee! She said that the supplemental application would be sent to me very soon and ironically I just received mine! I sent it back right away so I'm really hoping to hear back soon! I'm in the same boat as some of you guys, I'm hearing back a lot of denials so I'm hoping that this school will be an acceptance!

I heard back from Aimee! She said that the supplemental application would be sent to me very soon and ironically I just received mine! I sent it back right away so I'm really hoping to hear back soon! I'm in the same boat as some of you guys, I'm hearing back a lot of denials so I'm hoping that this school will be an acceptance!

What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?