Program-Specific Info / Q's University of Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received a call today from Aimee that I have been accepted (MOT)! Kind of worried about the debt as well :(

Members don't see this ad.

Found out I got accepted today! Still waiting to hear back from 4 other schools though

Reactions: 1 user
Found out I got accepted today! Still waiting to hear back from 4 other schools though

Congrats!! So exciting. I submitted my supplemental app on Dec 8th so I'm hoping to hear back soon! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks!!! I'm from NY and had an interview at Hofstra a few weeks ago and have an interview this Sunday, at LIU Brooklyn so I guess I'll have to see what happens. Where else did you apply?

Thanks!!! I'm from NY and had an interview at Hofstra a few weeks ago and have an interview this Sunday, at LIU Brooklyn so I guess I'll have to see what happens. Where else did you apply?

I applied to Temple(got rejected) Jefferson, Murphy Deming, Winston Salem, and Howard so we will see! I'm from Va but have family in Philly so living wouldn't be an issue but it's the tuition of USciences that scares me!

Got accepted as well, but it's hard to get excited about it because of the high tuition and living expenses (I'm from Florida). But I'm most likely going to accept it due to the fact that I already got waitlisted from two schools already and just waiting for one more (not getting my hopes up on that school either). Anyone else going to accept their acceptance? I'm already hunting for cheap apartments and hoping to find fellow classmates to room with!

Got accepted as well, but it's hard to get excited about it because of the high tuition and living expenses (I'm from Florida). But I'm most likely going to accept it due to the fact that I already got waitlisted from two schools already and just waiting for one more (not getting my hopes up on that school either). Anyone else going to accept their acceptance? I'm already hunting for cheap apartments and hoping to find fellow classmates to room with!
I accepted mine because I am in the same boat as you (wait listed and still hearing back from schools)! I have been trying to look at housing but it seems pricey

Did you all receive an email about the accepted student day happy hour? I most likely won't be able to attend because I unfortunately won't be on spring break until the second week in March but hopefully ill able to tour the campus while I'm on break!

I got an acceptance email today, too.
Anyone know how much tuition costs all together there? I also got into PhillyU so I'm kind of debating between the two.
And it seems like a campus tour is required for admission?

Yes, I got that email! I wish I could go but I don't think I'd be able to get a Wednesday off so I think I'm going to tour the campus myself on a weekend sometime. We should create a Facebook page for our class to help find roommates, etc. I'm still waiting to hear back from some schools but I'm not feeling hopeful about them and I'm starting to think I'm going to end up at USciences.
Yea I'm leaning towards USciences as well. I have an interview with one other school tomorrow so we will see how that goes but I have a feeling that I'll be most likely attending USciences.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck with your interview! I'm starting to get more and more excited about attending Uscienes. The tuition is scary, but I know I want to be an OT and I don't like the idea of waiting another year to apply. I also think living in Philly would be an awesome experience.
Yes I love Philly! I think that is one of the main reasons I am leaning towards USciences. And I agree with you that someone should make a Facebook group for this upcoming class!

Reactions: 1 users
Do any of you know of anywhere on their website where we can see a tentative academic calendar for the OT programs? Or any type of student handbook specific to the OT programs?

I reserved my spot and am looking for housing too! I do have a few other schools I am waiting on, but am strongly considering USciences... it is just so dang expensive.

Does anyone happen to know if the neuroscience and overview of OT practice courses are taken during the same summer session? It looks like USciences has 3 different summer sessions. Just curious to know if I'll have a life at all this summer haha
I talked to Aimee, and the summer session starts around May 30th and ends around July 13th-16th. So it is supposed to be 7 weeks!

Just submitted my deposit! :) Who else will be attending??

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I was also accepted and i plan to attend as of now. Do you think we are gonna need cars? I have never been to Philly so i am trying to figure out the living situation and all.

I was also accepted and i plan to attend as of now. Do you think we are gonna need cars? I have never been to Philly so i am trying to figure out the living situation and all.
From what I've heard, SEPTA is fine. It gets expensive parking too, at least in Center City (I'm going to be attending TJU, though, but I expect it to be the same in the University area). Your best bet might be to garage your car at your family's home for the first year if possible.

Are all of the acceptances sent out? Is it pretty much crazy to be still waiting for a response, last year around this time, I received my rejection, I really would love to go to school in the philly area, but atleast Ive been accepted to another school.

Are all of the acceptances sent out? Is it pretty much crazy to be still waiting for a response, last year around this time, I received my rejection, I really would love to go to school in the philly area, but atleast Ive been accepted to another school.

Are you waiting to hear back to?

I just received my rejection via postal mail today. Luckily I got into a school higher up on my list. Good luck, everyone.

Last edited:
I just received my rejection via postal mail today. Luckily I got into a school higher up on my list, and I still have a chance to get into my top choice. Good luck, everyone.

When did you submit your supplemental application?

I applied to Cox College for next Fall! Do I stand a chance?

University: University of Illinois-Chicago
Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.3 OTCAS
Pre-Req GPA: 3.2-3.4 depending on school

Extra-Curric: Division 1 softball, Greek National Softball Team, Works as a personal trainer specializing in corrective exercises in clients over 60, works as an ABA therapist with children with autism, volunteers weekly at the animal shelter cleaning cages, feeds homeless monthly in Chicago

Volunteer: 100 Outpatient, 20 inpatient, 10 pedatric

Applying: West Coast University, Touro College, Carroll University, Springfield College, University of the Sciences, Midwestern (AZ and IL), Allen College-Unitypoint Health, and Cox College

Acceptances:
Rejections: West Coast University, Touro College ):
Interviews: West Coast University
Waitlisted: Midwestern-Glendale

Obviously schools that don't require a GRE since mine is so low