Program-Specific Info / Q's University of Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Of course! My overall Gpa is a 3.17. I have over 80 hours of observation in a private pediatric setting and then about 120 hours as an intern for the special Olympics Maryland. I also shadowing a plastic surgeon for about 45 hours who specializes in reconstruction and works with an ot as well. I really hope that this is enough to get into usciences. One of my anatomy grades is pretty low but the lab portion was higher so I hope they are able to look past that!

Members don't see this ad.

Aimee emailed back today saying that right now they are reading applications from November, and processing applications from January, so we should all know our decisions mostly by march 15. Obviously, students are accepted from wait lists through May.

Aimee emailed back today saying that right now they are reading applications from November, and processing applications from January, so we should all know our decisions mostly by march 15. Obviously, students are accepted from wait lists through May.
Why does March have to be so far away?? Haha

Members don't see this ad :)
She actually also told me that it is likely that the class will be filled by that time, well by the time they get to my application. :( Since it verified February 5. But those that are in early January, Im sure still hold a chance. The downside of applying late. :(

For those of you who got in, was this for the OTD or master's program? I applied to both so I wonder if that makes a difference? :/

I got accepted into the OTD program, but I only applied to the MOT program. I called them and they changed my acceptance letter to say the MOT program. They notified me that I was accepted by phone in late January. Anyway, I declined their offer.

Does USCIENCES look at science gpa?

I'm not sure! But good news I hear that a lot of people are denclining their acceptances so that will hopefully leave more openings for us!

They keep saying they received a RECORD number of applicants...which makes me nervous. I wonder if they say that every year.

Has anyone else heard back this week from them? I was told by Aimee I should hear early this week and haven't yet. Hoping its not bad news if I haven't heard anything. My supplemental app was submitted Nov. 10th and she said that was the date they were reviewing currently.

I was hoping I was going to hear from them by this week too because I think I submitted on Nov 12, but I haven't heard anything either :( I tried to email Aimee in the beginning of the week to see if the time line was the same for the OTD and MOT program (I applied for both programs), but she didn't email me back. :/

I was hoping I was going to hear from them by this week too because I think I submitted on Nov 12, but I haven't heard anything either :( I tried to email Aimee in the beginning of the week to see if the time line was the same for the OTD and MOT program (I applied for both programs), but she didn't email me back. :/

Ugh! Maybe because of the snow this week they were backed up a little. I just called Aimee but no luck, I left a message. Just want to know!

Members don't see this ad :)
Are there 45 seats total for the MOT and OTD program combined? Or is this just for the MOT program. It is a little bit confusing.

Are there 45 seats total for the MOT and OTD program combined? Or is this just for the MOT program. It is a little bit confusing.
I don't think the programs are combined pretty sure it's just for the mot program!

I was accepted a few weeks ago, and my deposit is due on Wednesday. I just went to the accepted students day today but I'm still not sure if I'm gonna put a deposit down. For those waiting, be patient, after deposit deadlines pass and people don't put money down, there will be spots open and you will hear back! You might even get my spot!

Reactions: 1 users
I was accepted a few weeks ago, and my deposit is due on Wednesday. I just went to the accepted students day today but I'm still not sure if I'm gonna put a deposit down. For those waiting, be patient, after deposit deadlines pass and people don't put money down, there will be spots open and you will hear back! You might even get my spot!

I agree, I posted this a few weeks back but I think people ignored it. Lol Those who were accepted around Christmas have until the 25th to turn in the deposit. I can't imagine Usciences accepting others until then. Unfortunately, it appears that you are waiting on people like myself who haven't said yes or no to the school. I believe I will put down the deposit today, because I have been wait listed at other schools. However, many people have not and will not put the deposit down. I know it's hard to wait, but you will have an idea of where you stand very soon! Best of luck to everyone waiting to get in!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks for the input everyone, good luck to you all as well!

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with the above statements. I was accepted around Christmas but only just sent in my deposit this past weekend. It is due the 25th. I was waiting on other schools to get back to me before sending in my money. Unfortunately I did not hear back from those schools in the time I was waiting (except for one wait-list spot) so I just decided to go ahead and send my money in in order to save my spot. I doubt USciences was sending out additional acceptances during this period. Except maybe when someone wrote in to decline an offer....they probably did not have any spots to offer acceptances. After the 25th I'm sure you will be seeing more acceptances once they sort through and see who has not submitted their deposit.

Does anyone have any opinions about Usciences? I was accepted and need to send in my deposit soon if I wish to attend, but I really know nothing about the school and didn't have a chance to visit!

Has anyone heard recently about acceptances or rejections?

No I am still waiting, they said we should know at the latest by March 15 if you applied before beginning of February.

No I am still waiting, they said we should know at the latest by March 15 if you applied before beginning of February.

Ya, but I have a feeling that means that if you have to wait that long then that means it's a rejection.. most times other schools are that way. They'll give a date that they'll reach you by but they typically send rejections last. I could be wrong but we'll see. I saw that you applied to Dominican too!!! I didn't get an interview invite either :(

Have you gotten into any school yet? Do you think that you will have to reapply next cycle?
Ya, but I have a feeling that means that if you have to wait that long then that means it's a rejection.. most times other schools are that way. They'll give a date that they'll reach you by but they typically send rejections last. I could be wrong but we'll see. I saw that you applied to Dominican too!!! I didn't get an interview invite either :(

Have you gotten into any school yet? Do you think that you will have to reapply next cycle?

No just wait listed. I don't think I will apply for next cycle because it's my third year applying. I think I might just do a COTA program and go into a master's or doctorates program from there. I heard that it's easier that way. What are you planning to do? Argh U sciences is taking so long to get back ;( I hope that's not a bad sign

No just wait listed. I don't think I will apply for next cycle because it's my third year applying. I think I might just do a COTA program and go into a master's or doctorates program from there. I heard that it's easier that way. What are you planning to do? Argh U sciences is taking so long to get back ;( I hope that's not a bad sign

That's what was my plan too. I've been denied from most places so if this doesn't work I will do the assistant programs as well. This is so stressful

I am in the same boat too! :( I received the supplemental app on 11/14 so I was hoping to have heard by now, but nothing yet... I am hoping this is not a bad sign :/ I'm not sure if I should try to contact them to ask about the status of my app or just wait it out until March 15th... I have already been denied by 3 schools so I was hoping to hear good news from U sciences!

I am in the same boat too! :( I received the supplemental app on 11/14 so I was hoping to have heard by now, but nothing yet... I am hoping this is not a bad sign :/ I'm not sure if I should try to contact them to ask about the status of my app or just wait it out until March 15th... I have already been denied by 3 schools so I was hoping to hear good news from U sciences!

What 3 schools were you denied at?

@7461 University of Texas Medical Branch, Texas Tech, & Midwestern (downers grove campus)

That's what was my plan too. I've been denied from most places so if this doesn't work I will do the assistant programs as well. This is so stressful

What schools have you applied to? Is this your first time applying?

Yes this is my first time! I've been denied from Kean, Phila u, Stockton, Towson, nyit, and Thomas Jefferson. Waiting back to hear from u sciences, stony brook and nyu (which I'm assuming nyu is totally out of the picture)

Yes this is my first time! I've been denied from Kean, Phila u, Stockton, Towson, nyit, and Thomas Jefferson. Waiting back to hear from u sciences, stony brook and nyu (which I'm assuming nyu is totally out of the picture)
Did you apply to Seton Hall University? And Im kind of in the same boat, I haven't gotten any official denials yet, but still. What were your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Mine were:
OTCAS gpa:2.92
transcript gpa: 3.27
Last 60 hours: 3.65
GRE: 148 Q 150 V
prereq gpa (varies from 2.6 all the way to 3.44 by the way schools calculate it lol) this is the main reason i won't get in. GRRR.

Did you interview at thomas jefferson?

Did you apply to Seton Hall University? And Im kind of in the same boat, I haven't gotten any official denials yet, but still. What were your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Mine were:
OTCAS gpa:2.92
transcript gpa: 3.27
Last 60 hours: 3.65
GRE: 148 Q 150 V
prereq gpa (varies from 2.6 all the way to 3.44 by the way schools calculate it lol) this is the main reason i won't get in. GRRR.

Of course!!

OTCAS gpa: 3.17
Transcript gpa: 3.17
Last 60 hours: 3.21
Gre: 143 V 149 Q
Pre req- I'm in the same boat as you. Mine vary from 2.7 to a 3.33 just depends on the schools! I definitely think it is because I did poorly on two of my pre reqs (it was freshman year I didn't really care about school haha) that it's making it difficult for me to get in!

No I didn't :( I'm just getting denied everywhere

Don't give up hope yet! Still 3 more to hear from. I think it's great that you applied to so many schools!
Good luck

Don't give up hope yet! Still 3 more to hear from. I think it's great that you applied to so many schools!
Good luck
Thank you so much!! Hoping that something will work out with those three :)

The website says: OTCAS and PTCAS applicants: We appreciate your patience as we review a record number of applications. You will receive an admission notice by March 15.

Im sure if we haven't heard anything by now, it means bad news. :(

There's still hope. Don't forget about wait list spots too.

I am freaking out. This was my top school. If anybody hears anything, please post it. They said March 15, it's March 12 and still haven't received anything.

Reactions: 1 users
Nothing still.. & will they really contact us on the weekend (3/15)? I feel like they won't :(

Fmllll I haven't heard anything this whole time. I really don't think they'll contact us today either. From my experience, most schools don't contact students on the weekend. Gahhh let's just hope they're behind or something!!

Fmllll I haven't heard anything this whole time. I really don't think they'll contact us today either. From my experience, most schools don't contact students on the weekend. Gahhh let's just hope they're behind or something!!

I still haven't heard anything either! I feel like they are running behind and they will contact us later this week. Well I'm hoping

Did anyone try contacting Aimee to see what's going on?

To all, I got an e-mail today saying that there are no more seats and they don't expect any more to open up.