University of South Florida College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If I recall, we were supposed to receive our bi-weekly update in regards to the alternate list this week . I never saw one show up, did anyone else get an update this week?

Members don't see this ad :)
this is getting quite ridiculous and rather annoying.
IF we get accepted this week that only leaves us 4 weeks to get everythnig in order b4 orientation. anything later becomes that much more difficult.
i do not want to ge another "no movement" email because after 3 months there has to be some movement! come on!!

this is getting quite ridiculous and rather annoying.
IF we get accepted this week that only leaves us 4 weeks to get everythnig in order b4 orientation. anything later becomes that much more difficult.
i do not want to ge another "no movement" email because after 3 months there has to be some movement! come on!!

:thumbup:

Like what someone said earlier, I think the pharmacy school is trying to gauge how many students are actually serious about attending USF. If anything, I would imagine they would send emails out to the waitlisted (but not rejected) applicants after July 26th. Yes; I know that it's cutting it awfully close to orientation date. But think of it this way: at least you didn't get a rejection notice because I'm sure they sent those letters out a long time ago.

Considering how a few of you voiced your concerns, my bet is that there are only ~1-5 "iffy" seats; like these seats are for the people that USF does not know if they will truly accept the seat, despite putting down a deposit and confirming their acceptance through email.

movement has begun, finally. i'm sure you all received the email a short while ago. i need to be realistic about my chances and implement my plan B now. sorry to be a buzz kill but i highly doubt middle 3rd will get many (if any) acceptances considering they are still going through the top 3rd and classes begin in 4 weeks.
what are your thoughts? move on, right?

No, it is not looking good, unfortunately. As each week passes I can only assume our chances are becoming slimmer and slimmer.

I think it is very interesting that they have not accepted any one off the waitlist yet and it is almost July. This just goes to show that the people that applied, interviewed, and ultimately were accepted really want to attend USF, considering very few have dropped their seats.

Waiting for that call :xf:

Once again, thank you all for your patience. We can only imagine the angst that this waiting causes. More than anything, we are humbled by your continued support of our growing innovative program. We wish there was space for EVERYONE on the alternate list! You are absolutely right and we are just as surprised as you. It seems our reputation is growing the more our curriculum and students are highlighted in the community. The lack of movement on our alternate list is unprecedented with only three people withdrawing in the past week. We have never seen this before. We will continue to keep you posted.

True. I don't think that is a very accurate representation of the class. Some members of that group have already accepted seats at other programs which they were waiting on and yet still remain in the group. Maybe it's just taking them a while to update any changes? :confused: Guess only time will tell

We get a report of individuals who have accepted and deposited at multiple instutions. All of those students accepted into our program that also were holding a spot in another program have been contacted. To our knowledge, there are no more students holding seats in our program that are also deposited elsewhere.

Final response for the day, just want to provide you with as much information as possible to assist with easing those nerves. We have called several individuals on the alternate list to fill the three spots that have withdrawn. Several students have declined our offer. Also, a few students that we contacted had not completed all of the required pre-requisites and therefore, we were not able to offer the seat. So, if you are in the top third, please do get your requirements in order and be prepared with your deposit for a one week turnaround. We know that it gets harder and harder for you to get your affairs in order the closer we get to orientation. Unfortunately, we can not control for when another student may decide to withdraw. One year (at another institution), we actually accepted a student the day before school started! The good news for you is that the closer we get to school; the less likely people will be willing to do that and therefore we are able to go down the alternate list that much more quickly. Hopefully all this information helps. Please do feel free to ask any questions you may have. Happy to respond.

USFCOPAdmission: For students that are currently ranked "middle third," it seems that gaining acceptance is a long shot?

Members don't see this ad :)
best of luck to the usf cop class of 2017.
moving on...

best of luck to the usf cop class of 2017.
moving on...

I take it that you're around the middle 1/3 of the waitlist? I like to be optimistic, but at the same time, realistic; if I was in a waitlisted applicant's shoes and I got accepted to multiple schools, but school X accepted me around a week before classes started, chances are that I would not attend school X only because that week would be absolute hell in terms of getting packed and moving on such short notice. However, it usually is to be expected; reaching the 100 student quota is easy at the start, but gets progressively more difficult the closer you get to 100 because of applicant turnover and uncertainty.

Definitely have a back-up plan ready, but try not to count out your shot at USF just because you heard that your chances of getting in got diminished. Until you receive that rejection notice, just think that you have a shot, maybe not a great shot, but you have a shot regardless. That, IMO, is a hell of a lot better than seeing a rejection email.

I may be delusional, but I am still rather optimistic about my chances. Until I get that rejection letter there is still a fighting chance.

Due to the fact that it will be a last minute acceptance (hopefully!), I have already sent my FAFSA report to the school. I have also made necessary arrangements for a relatively fast move (considering I'm OOS), so I do not have to run around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to get things in order.

I encourage you all to line things up as well so you are prepared when you get the acceptance call. Seriously!

Trying to be proactive. Trying to be optimistic. We all worked really hard for this and if you are feeling down, DON’T! Like ST said, we haven’t been rejected!

What position on waitlist are you btw? Did USF tell the waitlisted applications an exact spot or just a general first/middle/last third of the list?

Guys, Don't you worry! I got an acceptance call right now. Although USF was my #1 choice at the beginning, I will reject the offer because it's too late and I've already got accepted into other school that I paid a lot amount of money for.
Put your hopes up! you still have a huge chance! :thumbup:

Guys, Don't you worry! I got an acceptance call right now. Although USF was my #1 choice at the beginning, I will reject the offer because it's too late and I've already got accepted into other school that I paid a lot amount of money for.
Put your hopes up! you still have a huge chance! :thumbup:

what was your rank?

Withdrew my application. Good Luck Guys!

can somebody tell me the percentage of prospective students that get accepted into the program. I got accepted to LECOM and NSU already, and i have an interview tomorrow @ 1pm. What format are the questions? & is March a late time to be interviewed?

I interviewed last Wednesday. From what I understand, they interview about 300 to fill 100 slots.

Hello all,

I am currently finishing up my PharmCas application. I am wondering if anyone can give me some insight into how I stand upon entry into USF or any of the other florida schools. I have 76 comp PCAT, >2 years of pharmacy experience, and have shadowed a clinical pharmacist in the hospital for a day. My overall gpa is 3.18 with my science/math gpa around the same. Do you think I will get into USF or any other school i apply to? (NOVA,LECOM,UF)

Hello, I was wondering if anyone applied early decision this year and if you've received an interview yet. Thanks!

Hello, I was wondering if anyone applied early decision this year and if you've received an interview yet. Thanks!

I am ED and already interviewed....the last interview date for ED for USF is October 19th.

How much notice did they give you begore your interview?

They told me about 3 weeks before my interview date, but i submitted my pharmcas really early so it got verified sometime in August.

anyone here who go to USF? i have bad feeling about this school

anyone here who go to USF? i have bad feeling about this school

I'm a current P3 student at USF. I'm just curious on what you heard if you wanted to share. I'd be happy to answer your (as well as anyone else's) questions.

I'm a current P3 student at USF. I'm just curious on what you heard if you wanted to share. I'd be happy to answer your (as well as anyone else's) questions.
What dont u like about the school and like about it? It just seems cheezy how they portray themselves. Their projects don't make sense with clinical was a thread seen here.

What dont u like about the school and like about it? It just seems cheezy how they portray themselves. Their projects don't make sense with clinical was a thread seen here.

Unfortunately I'm not aware of the projects going on since institutional pharmacy is not my thing and I'm heavily retail-oriented. As for what I like and don't like about the school: I like the professors a lot. Everyone here wants you to succeed and wants to make sure you're on the right track. They're all very open and accommodating to us. As for what I don't personally like, I'm not a fan of professors reading off of their slides. Some of them do that and it kinda defeats the purpose of coming to class to me.

For a school that recently received accreditation, I'd say USF is doing pretty good right now.