University of Southern Nevada Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Its been a while since Ive been around but congrats to those that were accepted!

Members don't see this ad.

Was just accepted to the Utah Campus today!! Don't give up hope yet!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted to the South Jordan Campus today! Good Luck to those still waiting.

What are you stats?

Overall GPA 3.0
Science GPA 3.4
Academic Forgiveness
PCAT 49:( But above 60 in all 3 science categories:D
Utah resident no degree
The interview clearly had a large part in the admissions process.
I had all but given up on getting in this year until I got the call today!!

At this point, they are probably going off of how you did on your interview. Everyones stats will be about the same.

I think I did well in my interview but there were was a question that I may not have answered as well as the interviewers would have liked.

I cannot remember the name of the person that interviewed me but there was a P1 with him. At this point I just want to know if I have a chance or if I am done

A member of our Facebook group shared with us that she was waitlisted #25 for Henderson and got a call yesterday that a spot opened up. Good news for those wanting to get in the NV campus!

I was 18th on the list and was called today! So, one more free seat for Utah campus. Hello, Vegas!

I just got a call today that they have a seat for me at the Henderson campus. :love: That was quite a surprise since only yesterday I got accepted to the Utah campus. So there will be one more seat available at the Utah campus!

Good luck everybody!!!:xf:

I just got a call today that they have a seat for me at the Henderson campus. :love: That was quite a surprise since only yesterday I got accepted to the Utah campus. So there will be one more seat available at the Utah campus!

Congrats! Nice work.

Members don't see this ad :)
That was quick! I'm so worried I won't get in! I didn't do so well in the interview. :( I wished I wasn't so tensed and nervous. I hope the admissions looked at our applications holistically :xf:, but I highly doubt it. Based on the trend, most of the people who were accepted did well on their interview.

That was quick! I'm so worried I won't get in! I didn't do so well in the interview. :( I wished I wasn't so tensed and nervous. I hope the admissions looked at our applications holistically :xf:, but I highly doubt it. Based on the trend, most of the people who were accepted did well on their interview.
hey Rx!! what are your stats?? did u hear anything from the school?? Im still waiting and worried because a lot of people getting accepted recently...:(

That was fast! Congrats again, see you there!

The interview is weighted pretty heavily and seems to be the determining factor in most cases. But, on the other hand, if you have a decent GPA and a degree related to the Health Science field then it's hard to deny that, you know?

The interview is weighted pretty heavily and seems to be the determining factor in most cases. But, on the other hand, if you have a decent GPA and a degree related to the Health Science field then it's hard to deny that, you know?

Unfortunately that is not the case for me. I took most of my courses at a highly competitive university, which brought my GPA down to 3.1... However, my PCAT composite is above average compared to last year's USN average. It's my third year. I've been taking heavy course loads each quarter this year, but I won't be able to finish my B.S. until December. :(

Unfortunately that is not the case for me. I took most of my courses at a highly competitive university, which brought my GPA down to 3.1... However, my PCAT composite is above average compared to last year's USN average. It's my third year. I've been taking heavy course loads each quarter this year, but I won't be able to finish my B.S. until December. :(

Well, try not to give up hope RX. It seems like the waitlist is moving ultra quick and a bunch of seats are opening up. I think VG1987 said that she was waitlisted at 20-something for Henderson and was moved over off the waitlist already.

Having now been on both sides of the interview process, I can back up FarmDeeHI and say the interview can make or break your chances of getting in. If you got an interview then there was something in your application that got the attention of the admissions board. From there, if you did well on your interview then you have a good chance of getting accepted. Despite what your stats are, they are going to accept the student who shows that they can succeed in USN's rigorous program. They don't want to accept students who are going to fail out. I know students who had below average stats but nailed their interview and were accepted over a student who had above average stats but didn't interview well.

Definitely don't give up hope though. I'm sure you'll hear something soon. Good luck!

Well its all over for me...

Congratulations to everyone who got in this year

Just got an email confirming being placed on the waitlist. Im ranked somerwhere between 14-40. Thats obviously a big gap but anyone have any idea if people really drop out that much this time of year?

I'm also waitlisted for this year as well. I ranked between 16-40. I don't know if I have any chance. Feel so disspointed:(

No.... Dr. Deyoung sent me an email this evening giving me all the details
oh I had my interview on 3/8 but still heard nothing from Dr. Deyoung??Do u think I should contact him from now??

What are your stats?

GPA-3.6
PCAT-51
Ya, I was feelin' pretty sorry for myself until I recevied the call. I didn't feel like I did as well as I should have in the interview. I was offered #40 spot on the Henderson waitlist. I like the South Jordan Campus after visiting both campuses. Good Luck!

oh I had my interview on 3/8 but still heard nothing from Dr. Deyoung??Do u think I should contact him from now??

Honestly I don't know.... I got the email from him pretty late tonight.... I know someone said in an earlier thread that he would have everyone notified may 1st.

I just know at this point... I am more then likely not getting in

Honestly I don't know.... I got the email from him pretty late tonight.... I know someone said in an earlier thread that he would have everyone notified may 1st.

I just know at this point... I am more then likely not getting in

Did u apply only for Henderson campus or both?
Some of us just got calls for Henderson campus recently so our spots will open up in Utah...
What number are you on the waitlist? It really moved quickly in the last few days so don't give up!!!

Some of us just got calls for Henderson campus recently so our spots will open up in Utah...
What number are you on the waitlist? It really moved quickly in the last few days so don't give up!!!

I actually applied only for the utah campus.....

The letter said 75 + so who knows....

Hey everyone! I'm new here and I see that people got replies today, I just got wait listed too... anyone know the chances of getting in if there are A LOT of people ahead of you? :scared:

Last edited:
How deep did they go into the wait list last year?

Just got an email confirming being placed on the waitlist. Im ranked somerwhere between 14-40. Thats obviously a big gap but anyone have any idea if people really drop out that much this time of year?
I also get that email. How do you know your rank is between 14-40? Does it state the rank in the email? Mine said that "you currently rank among the top 25 candidates on the wait list for the Nevada campus." That means I am in rank 25?

How we can check the rank if it moves or not? Dr Deyound will send an email when the rank changes?

I also get that email. How do you know your rank is between 14-40? Does it state the rank in the email? Mine said that "you currently rank among the top 25 candidates on the wait list for the Nevada campus." That means I am in rank 25?

IT MEANS YOUR SOMEWHERE BEWTEEN 1-25. How can you not understand that...?

How we can check the rank if it moves or not? Dr Deyound will send an email when the rank changes?

And you can check where your position is AFTER JUNE. It states in the EMAIL....

last year people just got notices of top 25, 50, 100, and 100+. this year i've heard top 15, 16-40, top 25, 40-60, 75+, and 100+. what's up with these weird ranges?

namtouc, what are your stats? don't worry there's still hope:thumbup:

namtouc, what are your stats? don't worry there's still hope:thumbup:
i have 3.4 oGPA but my PCAt is low...im worried cuz everybody got email comfirming their place on the waiting list but I havent....does that mean I am rejected??

IT MEANS YOUR SOMEWHERE BEWTEEN 1-25. How can you not understand that...?

Rawr.

I think apd is trying to clarify why they told him top 25 and they told someone else 14-40, since it is such an irregular interval and both intervals somewhat overlap conjunctively. I also find it odd that they are telling people 14-40 when I think it would be easier (and less confusing IMO) to email ranking with an interval that's a little more regular like monsterrr stated (top 25, 50, etc.) But, that's just my opinion.

Any of the current students have insight as to how fast the waitlist moved up from last year? I think Summitguy said the list moved about 50 spots from last year further up in the thread.. can anyone else verify that?

Just making sure, but for those who are already accepted to South Jordan but are on the waitlist for Henderson...their waitlist moves before the general waitlist (for those who are not yet accepted and got the waitlist email) moves right?

Hey everyone! I'm new here and I see that people got replies today, I just got wait listed too... anyone know the chances of getting in if there are A LOT of people ahead of you? :scared:

how many is a lot?