University of St. Augustine Fall 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marzzyt

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you guys applied to U. St. Augustine for Fall 2018?
Do you guys know when the potential interviews would be?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied for summer, but invitations to interviews are typically sent out 2 months after the app deadline. Based on previous threads, the actual interview dates are ~3 weeks after that.

Hey guys I've been reaching for the enrollment adviser but she has yet to respond and I'm getting worried as we are near the deadline.

I'm applying for the campus program using the non PTCAS application. I submitted all my prerequisites in and it still says I need more units? Did you guys have this problem? For instance chem is 5 semester units but it says we need 6?? O_O

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys I've been reaching for the enrollment adviser but she has yet to respond and I'm getting worried as we are near the deadline.

I'm applying for the campus program using the non PTCAS application. I submitted all my prerequisites in and it still says I need more units? Did you guys have this problem? For instance chem is 5 semester units but it says we need 6?? O_O

Hey I'm also applying to campus. Chemistry 1 should be 3 credits and lab should be 1 credit.

So chemistry 2 is also the same.

Therefore having 8. Even though it says 6 minimum.

I applied for summer, but invitations to interviews are typically sent out 2 months after the app deadline. Based on previous threads, the actual interview dates are ~3 weeks after that.

Thanks. I was wondering because they said that application deadline is pushed back due to Irma. Just trying to get an idea because I plan on a mini vacay next month. I suppose it should be okay

Hey I'm also applying to campus. Chemistry 1 should be 3 credits and lab should be 1 credit.

So chemistry 2 is also the same.

Therefore having 8. Even though it says 6 minimum.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I have all the correct units and proper prerequisites. However there seems to be a glitch on my application which forces me to have more units. I'm wondering if you had the same issue, and if so how it was resolved? I already contacted the enrollment adviser and was told I should have a solution by yesterday. Unfortunately it's still unresolved.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I have all the correct units and proper prerequisites. However there seems to be a glitch on my application which forces me to have more units. I'm wondering if you had the same issue, and if so how it was resolved? I already contacted the enrollment adviser and was told I should have a solution by yesterday. Unfortunately it's still unresolved.

I’m not sure if I’m understanding correctly. If you include the lab units in your prerequisites it’s going to exceed the minimum amount of units required. That’s not a glitch. As long as you meet the minimum units needed you should be fine.

I've applied for that start date also. We should know by the end of November.

I've applied for that start date also. We should know by the end of November.
Summer applicants have not heard back yet; we're expecting to early November (hopefully). My guess is you guys will be pushed back as well, unless they find some way to catch up.

Reactions: 1 user
Summer applicants have not heard back yet; we're expecting to early November (hopefully). My guess is you guys will be pushed back as well, unless they find some way to catch up.
Wow, okay. Thanks for the info. I guess with all the weather issues in both Texas and Florida slowing things down.

Wow, okay. Thanks for the info. I guess with all the weather issues in both Texas and Florida slowing things down.
Yeah, their website states 6-8 weeks but my advisor got back to me this week saying it could be 12 weeks or more for us. :grumpy:

Well, that could work out to be a nice Christmas gift! Do you have any insight into the interview process? It sounds very random.

Well, that could work out to be a nice Christmas gift! Do you have any insight into the interview process? It sounds very random..

If you search through all the previous USA threads you'll find a lot more info but I keep this bit on hand from someone I spoke to before about their process:

It was informal. There are two groups. One group interviews and the other tours the campus. The interviewing group was divided up into halves and were interviewed by either the director or staff.
I interviewed with two other prospective students. 5 Questions were asked, different questions to each person.

1) What do you like most about PT?
2) What was a time where you juggled responsibilities in your life and cite an example.
3) What would you do if a student asked to copy your test or cheat? What would you do if you knew a student was attempting to cheat?
4) What was the best advice you've ever gotten and how did you apply it?
5) What was the biggest hurdle you've overcome?

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you search through all the previous USA threads you'll find a lot more info but I keep this bit on hand from someone I spoke to before about their process:

It was informal. There are two groups. One group interviews and the other tours the campus. The interviewing group was divided up into halves and were interviewed by either the director or staff.
I interviewed with two other prospective students. 5 Questions were asked, different questions to each person.

2) What was a time where you juggled responsibilities in your life and cite an example.
3) What would you do if a student asked to copy your test or cheat? What would you do if you knew a student was attempting to cheat?
5) What was the biggest hurdle you've overcome? .

Thank you!

5) What was the biggest hurdle you've overcome? .
I take it you made it through the interview and were accepted into the program?

Anyone who applied for Fall 2018 full-term heard anything yet? :wideyed:

I posted this in USA's summer 2018 thread already, so sorry for the repetitiveness but I figure different people look at each thread and would just like an answer or other's peoples thoughts:

question regarding USAs graduation and completion rates.

I was offered a spot in USA's 2018 Spring flex cohort.
On their website it says their graduation rates for flex dpt was 91% and 100% for 2014 and 2015, however in our intent to enroll packet it states the graduation rate for 2015 was 78% and for 2014 was 94%. I’m just unsure which is accurate and it’s really affecting my willingness to spend 105k in money I don't have on my education. The 2015 numbers, obviously, are what are worrisome to me.

Has anyone else noticed this or know any more information?

Last edited:
Has the program started interviewing candidates for the Fall Flex or Full-time program?

Has the program started interviewing candidates for the Fall Flex or Full-time program?

I don’t believe so. They are still working on their Spring flex program and just finished on their summer full time program iirc

I don’t believe so. They are still working on their Spring flex program and just finished on their summer full time program iirc
Thanks.
Which campus and program did you apply to?

It has got to be soon, like in the next week or two. Spring classes begin in about a month. The website states 6-8 weeks after the applicatin deadline and this is the 8th week.

I applied to st augustine campus for summer cohort and I have my interview on Jan 26. So for those who applied their for the fall it might be a while before you hear something.

It has got to be soon, like in the next week or two. Spring classes begin in about a month. The website states 6-8 weeks after the applicatin deadline and this is the 8th week.
Summer applicants only started hearing about 3-4 weeks ago, basically at 12 weeks out. For me, it's been 16 weeks now and I still haven't heard anything (still holding out hope as I know there are plenty of seats left to fill). Take what they say with a grain of salt ;)

Thanks.
Which campus and program did you apply to?

San Marcos’ flex program
For what it’s worth, I was invited to an interview 6 weeks before the start of the program. Accepted 4 weeks before.

The advisor at the meeting also mentioned they’re about to finish filling their spring residential cohort at San Marcos.

Their timelines with everything are really weird and not set in stone at all

I talked to an advisor yesterday and they said that Fall applicants should start to hear back around February.

I talked to an advisor yesterday and they said that Fall applicants should start to hear back around February.
Definitely seems like they're going to continue to be about 2 months behind. :unsure:

edit: behind their publicized estimate, that is

At least that is some form of news. Thanks for the update.

Really?? I applied for the OTD program and I've heard nothing. I was hoping the DPT program did. I wonder why they aren't announcing they are behind though, rather than just letting everyone worry.

Dang. Since the summer program barely heard back the last couple of days, do you think fall will hear back soon?

Dang. Since the summer program barely heard back the last couple of days, do you think fall will hear back soon?
I hope so! Probably in like 2 weeks or so.

I hope so! Probably in like 2 weeks or so.
When someone hears back about the Fall program, please let us know. I'll do the same.

Reactions: 1 users
What's everyone's stats looking like? Is USA your first choice?

Really? You think they'll finish it in 2 weeks??
I'm pretty sure they've already begun the process. When I talked to the St. Augustine campus academic advisor for OT, she said we would be hearing back at the end of this month/the beginning of February.

I just received an invitation to an interview for St. Augustine's 2018 Fall Flex program in Austin, TX.

Reactions: 2 users
I just received an invitation to an interview for St. Augustine's 2018 Fall Flex program in Austin, TX.
I also just received an invitation for Fall 2018 Residential program. Now to scour through past threads and prepare for the interview!

I also just received an invitation for Fall 2018 Residential program. Now to scour through past threads and prepare for the interview!

I assume this is for Austin, TX right?

Feel free to share a post that you find.

Congrats on the interview invite! Did they email you or call you?

Has anyone else received an interview? If so, what were your stats this application?

Has anyone else received an interview? If so, what were your stats this application?
My stats:

Texas Tech University
Bachelors in English/Sociology minor in Psychology
cGPA: 3.3
pre-req GPA: 3.9
100+ hours inpatient and outpatient
GRE: Verbal 154 Quant 151 Writing 4.0

My Stats:

Bachelor's in Exercise Physiology
Cumulative GPA: 2.9 (The bane of my application:dead:)
Prerequisite GPA 3.2
1,500+ hours in both outpatient and inpatient
GRE: Verbal 157 Quantitative 150 Analytical Writing 4.5

I got an email for an interview for the St. Augustine campus on March 16!! Anyone else?!

My stats are:
Overall GPA:3.57
Pre-Req: I’m not too sure honestly, but I’m thinking near my overall, possibly a bit higher .
GRE: 149 both sections and 4.0 Writing

How is everyone feeling/preparing? I’m waitlisted at 2 other schools so I’m really nervous! I really want to nail this interview!