University of St. Augustine Fall 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got my interview invitation this morning for the Fall 2018 start date in San Marcos. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! I have an interview at the Austin campus this Friday (July 20th) for the residential program starting this fall! I'm a little nervous because I had to reschedule my interview date to later, and now it is so close to the fall start date! Does anyone else have an interview there on Friday too? For people who have already had their interviews, do you mind sharing what questions you were asked? I will be preparing up until the interview. Any advice helps! Thanks in advance :)

Hey guys! I have an interview at the Austin campus this Friday (July 20th) for the residential program starting this fall! I'm a little nervous because I had to reschedule my interview date to later, and now it is so close to the fall start date! Does anyone else have an interview there on Friday too? For people who have already had their interviews, do you mind sharing what questions you were asked? I will be preparing up until the interview. Any advice helps! Thanks in advance :)

Hey Kelsi! I, too, am having an interview but on Saturday for the Flex program in Austin. I have asked around and heard it is fairly casual between one faculty member and 2-3 students. Good luck to ya, I'm sure you'll do just fine!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got waitlisted today for the Fall 2018 Flex DPT program at San Marcos so might be looking at a later start instead.

Last edited:
Anyone on here going into the Flex DPT program at the St. Augustine, Florida campus for Fall 2018? Trying to see if there is a facebook group or something to get connected before the trimester starts. :p

Waitlisted for fall at St.A campus

Any updates for Flex applicants? No email yet. Just wondering if anyone else has received anything.

Any updates for Flex applicants? No email yet. Just wondering if anyone else has received anything.
I got an email saying that I was waitlisted for the Fall, and if a spot doesn't open up for the Fall, then I will start in May for the Summer flex. Or at least I think thats what will happen, or how I interpreted it.

I got an email saying that I was waitlisted for the Fall, and if a spot doesn't open up for the Fall, then I will start in May for the Summer flex. Or at least I think thats what will happen, or how I interpreted it.

Email today? I haven't received anything yet.

Email today? I haven't received anything yet.
I received my email on Friday initially saying I was waitlisted, and then Saturday I received the second email talking about the start in May if not enrolled for the Fall semester. It was for the Austin Campus.

Got an update today, they basically just sent me an official email today congratulating me for being accepted for fall 2018 flex, but the cohort is full, so I will be offered a secured spot for spring 2019 if I don’t get pulled from the waitlist.

Got an update today, they basically just sent me an official email today congratulating me for being accepted for fall 2018 flex, but the cohort is full, so I will be offered a secured spot for spring 2019 if I don’t get pulled from the waitlist.
It also sounds like that would mean I would be in the full time program as well since flex only starts in the fall I believe.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone still waiting for an admission decision for the Fall semester on the Austin campus!? I got a call last week from Kim needing more information for my prerequisites and the transfer of my credits. We got it figured out and now I haven't heard anything back from them. Friday would be 3 weeks from my interview date so I'm hoping they tell me soon!?

Hey Kelsi! I, too, am having an interview but on Saturday for the Flex program in Austin. I have asked around and heard it is fairly casual between one faculty member and 2-3 students. Good luck to ya, I'm sure you'll do just fine!
Thank you! I hope all went well for your interview, too! Now just waiting on the admission decision :). Fingered crossed!!

I think your in a similar situation to me. When I messaged Kim for more information she said that I would have to continue forward with the flex and not a residential student so I'm not sure how that would work unless Austin next year starts in May?

I think your in a similar situation to me. When I messaged Kim for more information she said that I would have to continue forward with the flex and not a residential student so I'm not sure how that would work unless Austin next year starts in May?
Yes, you are correct, I actually got clarification that they do have a spring start, I just had seen some misleading information online. But for now, it is nice to have a school locked in already.

Yes, you are correct, I actually got clarification that they do have a spring start, I just had seen some misleading information online. But for now, it is nice to have a school locked in already.
Awesome! Are you going to still apply to other programs? Congratulations by the way!

Awesome! Are you going to still apply to other programs? Congratulations by the way!
Thank you! You as well! Yes I will be applying early decision to a school and some other ones this fall. My prerequisites are definitely not as high at other schools, this fall I will be retaking physics and taking a bio lab just to strengthen my application if i I decide to go that route. If I get interviews at least, I am confident I can get some more acceptances, but we will have to see. I want to pay as little as possible but also get on with my career ASAP.

Has anyone created a facebook group for the Austin Spring 2019 cohort? If not, I am willing to start one!

Has anyone created a facebook group for the Austin Spring 2019 cohort? If not, I am willing to start one!
The school will start one for you in a few weeks after they have finished figuring out who will accept their offers.

The school will start one for you in a few weeks after they have finished figuring out who will accept their offers.
I'm guessing they are still waiting for the semester to start since they told me they'll be officially be sending me an offer once the September start date has passed if I don't get pulled.

I'm guessing they are still waiting for the semester to start since they told me they'll be officially be sending me an offer once the September start date has passed if I don't get pulled.
I am in the same boat as you. Just waiting to for the September start date to pass I guess.

I just got a call that I am starting tomorrow at San Marcos! WOW

Reactions: 1 users
I just got a call that I am starting tomorrow at San Marcos! WOW
Congratulations!! Thats awesome! I just got my acceptance for the summer start date in Austin!

For people who have been on the waitlist and then accepted.. how long did it take? Did you have to keep emailing them to see "where" you were at?