University of St. Augustine Spring 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm still waiting to hear back from the wait-list as well from Austin.

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone else going to the interview tomorrow at the Austin, Tx campus?

Hey! Can anyone that interviewed last month tell me some questions they asked during the interview?!? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do any of you know how it works with calculating semester versus quarter classes? I took a year of chem (three quarters) at my undergrad but I'm retaking a semester at community college to boost my GPA. Not really sure how that all factors in though

Hey! Can anyone that interviewed last month tell me some questions they asked during the interview?!? Thanks!
Don't sweat the interview. It was super laid back and more conversational. My interviewer asked things about challenges I had faced, how I dealt with stress....etc. Just be yourself and you will be fine.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

There is another interview date?
I submitted my application mid June and haven't heard anything from them. Well they keep telling me I should hear something in the next 2-3 weeks. I feel like I have a pretty strong application.

Anyone that has been accepted into Austin DPT, do you mind telling me your GPA, GRE, hours, etc?
I have ~3.6 GPA, 305 GRE, and over 1000 hours of experience.

My roommate and I will be gone for 6th term on internship in the San Marcos campus. So we have two available rooms at Tuscany Hills (5 mins from campus!) from Jan 2016 -April 2016, perfect for one term in Spring if you're trying to get yourself settled first. Our single bedroom rooms with shared bathroom are available for $600 each utilities included! They are both furnished with table, chair, and bed. Send me a message if you're interested.

Hello,
I got an interview at austin campus. do you know if they didnt have essay section for all campuses or just florida campus.

Any information will be much appereiciated.

Thank you

Hey guys!! It was from 9-2 with a few breaks in between. NO ESSAY!! The interview itself was only 30 min, super laid back and easy. Myself and one other applicant interviewed with one professor together. They said we'll have a decision in 2 weeks

Hello,
I got an interview at austin campus. do you know if they didnt have essay section for all campuses or just florida campus.

Thank you

Anyone that has been accepted into Austin DPT, do you mind telling me your GPA, GRE, hours, etc?
I have ~3.6 GPA, 305 GRE, and over 1000 hours of experience.
Update: I received an interview in Austin for October 16. Any and all tips would be greatly appreciated!!

Do we submit our applications? ( i don't see a button) or does USA just AUTO submit on the deadline?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

Thank you
Is this for Spring or Summer 2016?

Update: I received an interview in Austin for October 16. Any and all tips would be greatly appreciated!!
I have an interview on 16th too.. The only question i have is about Essay section. I have seen other people saying that there isn't any essay section so i don't know. I will appreciate any information on essay section part and also preparation tips.

Thank You

Hello,

Thank you
At the Austin campus we did not have an essay when we interviewed the first week in August.

At the Austin campus we did not have an essay when we interviewed the first week in August.

Hey Thanks for the information. One last que for you. Did you interview invitation email mentioned that you will be having and essay section? because the email i recieved say that we will have interview section and essay section. Thank you :)

It did. We mentioned that to the staff during the q and a portion and they said they needed to fix it.

It did. We mentioned that to the staff during the q and a portion and they said they needed to fix it.

Oh ok.. Thank you so much

Those of you who already went through this process, what do we do when your PT said they submitted observation hours but they aren't showing up on the application. Ive called Yvette 6 times in three weeks and emailed but haven't heard back and I don't want my application to be considered incomplete… thanks

Those of you who already went through this process, what do we do when your PT said they submitted observation hours but they aren't showing up on the application. Ive called Yvette 6 times in three weeks and emailed but haven't heard back and I don't want my application to be considered incomplete… thanks

Happened to me. I just called Yvette and she found them.

Happened to me. I just called Yvette and she found them.
She's hasn't returned ANY of my calls… I might just call leave message a couple times a day until they find them :/

Did you interview in Austin? I fear that since they took so long to process my application that most of the spots are filled, which means competition is more intense.

Is there a campus that is "easier" to get into than the other? Is one more competitive than the other? I was originally going to apply to the St. Augustine campus (I visited recently and love how secluded it is compared to a typical university) however, I am highly considering the San Marcos campus because of location (I've been wanting to move off the east coast for half my life!) Can anyone give their pros and cons or what helped make their decision? I am applying for the Dec. 1 deadline for Fall 2016

Hi everyone! I am applying for the Fall 2016 December deadline. For those of you that have applied to previous deadlines and not received an acceptance, do you know if there is someone at St. Augustine that you can contact to ask about your application and why they made the decision that they did? Thank you!

Hello! Does anyone know what kind of shots are needed to start school at St. Augustine Austin campus? I feel like most schools require numerous immunizations before you are eligible to start.

Also, has anyone else recently been accepted to the Austin campus having trouble logging into your myusa to pay the tuition deposit?!?

Also, has anyone else recently been accepted to the Austin campus having trouble logging into your myusa to pay the tuition deposit?!?
I had to call the IT number to get login info.

I had to call the IT number to get login info.

Thank you! I called them today and they said they would get back with me tomorrow.

How did you guys wait three weeks after interview. I'm just approaching 1 week and I'm over here going crazy

Anyone on the waitlist for Spring heard anything/have any info about the waitlist or what they do with us if we do not get accepted?

I received an invite for Oct. 23 at San Marcos. This is the second round for Spring. I applied June 15! My application was not processed in a timely manner because a document failed to arrive or they lost it. It's been frustrating trying to get through to the right people and get a response, but I kept on top of it. This probably won't be an issue in the future since the new online system will hopefully be working better, it wasn't updating the status of items for me which is how this missing item was overlooked for so long (keep on top of it all yourself, don't rely on anyone else). Best of luck to the rest of you.

I received an invite for Oct. 23 at San Marcos. This is the second round for Spring. I applied June 15! My application was not processed in a timely manner because a document failed to arrive or they lost it. It's been frustrating trying to get through to the right people and get a response, but I kept on top of it. This probably won't be an issue in the future since the new online system will hopefully be working better, it wasn't updating the status of items for me which is how this missing item was overlooked for so long (keep on top of it all yourself, don't rely on anyone else). Best of luck to the rest of you.
Anyone on the waitlist for Spring heard anything/have any info about the waitlist or what they do with us if we do not get accepted?

Since you are applying to the spring semester, you have a better chance than those who applied in the Fall. The location you apply to has a good impact on your acceptance/waitlist/rejection.
For those who do not care about the location of the USA campus. Applying to the program in Miami would most likely work in your favor.
If you are waitlisted, you have a good chance on still getting accepted. might not be this semester but maybe next?

Is there a campus that is "easier" to get into than the other? Is one more competitive than the other? I was originally going to apply to the St. Augustine campus (I visited recently and love how secluded it is compared to a typical university) however, I am highly considering the San Marcos campus because of location (I've been wanting to move off the east coast for half my life!) Can anyone give their pros and cons or what helped make their decision? I am applying for the Dec. 1 deadline for Fall 2016
Try the USA campus in Miami. They are brand new and applying in the Spring or Summer would help if you are worried about your scores. If you have a 3.4+ in both GPA categories and at least a 294 on your GRE, you will definitely get an interview. From what I was told, those who had higher GRE scores (300, I believe) got to interview first. I had 3.7 in both GPA scores from what USA calculated and I met the minimum requirement for the GRE but didn't receive an interview until the second batch of interviews. It could be because they were not able to process my application in time. I am a current student now. Question away! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hello! Does anyone know what kind of shots are needed to start school at St. Augustine Austin campus? I feel like most schools require numerous immunizations before you are eligible to start.
No they give you a month in, until they require all the documentation. Don't procrastinate if you have been accepted. The companies that the program uses to get certain health documentation in, was a hassle for many of my classmates because their information got lost or something.

Try the USA campus in Miami. They are brand new and applying in the Spring or Summer would help if you are worried about your scores. If you have a 3.4+ in both GPA categories and at least a 294 on your GRE, you will definitely get an interview. From what I was told, those who had higher GRE scores (300, I believe) got to interview first. I had 3.7 in both GPA scores from what USA calculated and I met the minimum requirement for the GRE but didn't receive an interview until the second batch of interviews. It could be because they were not able to process my application in time. I am a current student now. Question away! :)

Does this mean USA weighs the GRE scores heavier than GPA?

Last edited:
No they give you a month in, until they require all the documentation. Don't procrastinate if you have been accepted. The companies that the program uses to get certain health documentation in, was a hassle for many of my classmates because their information got lost or something.
I haven't received an email on ANY kind of shots that we need? I want to get ahead and get them done, but I have no idea which ones I need!

Will anyone that interviewed for flex comment when they hear back please!?!?

Will anyone that interviewed for flex comment when they hear back please!?!?
I had a flex interview in Austin on 9/26. They said it would take up to 3 weeks to hear back but kept insisting that it would be more like 1 week.... Tomorrow makes exactly 3 weeks and I haven't heard back! I will let you know if I hear anything!

Reactions: 1 user
I had a flex interview in Austin on 9/26. They said it would take up to 3 weeks to hear back but kept insisting that it would be more like 1 week.... Tomorrow makes exactly 3 weeks and I haven't heard back! I will let you know if I hear anything!
Yeah I think they do that a lot. I know in other cases they said they would try for two weeks but it always ends up taking 3!

Hi Granada, I received an interview at the San Marcos Campus as well on October 23, 2015... for the January start date. I also applied by the June 15 deadline and was plagued by lost documents and lack of communication. I can't blame them as I believe they are undergoing some staff changes. I finally went in last month and left with an interview.

For those of you who are searching and curious, stats for the archives are:

BS in Biology from UCSC
3.25 overall with rapidly improving trend
3.5 prerequisite with A's in all bio courses, B's in some Chem, and C in physics
318 GRE
200 hours experience in multiple clinics.
I also had four strong letters of rec and spent countless hours on statement of purpose and autobio.

I look forward to seeing you at the interviews; best of luck.

On a side note to anyone who has been accepted- what is the timeline like for turning in documents such as: deposits, immunization records, background checks, physicals... any other documents that they need if I am accepted. *fingers crossed*

Got my acceptance email from Florida campus flex DPT program!!

Reactions: 1 users