University of St. Augustine Spring 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
On a side note to anyone who has been accepted- what is the timeline like for turning in documents such as: deposits, immunization records, background checks, physicals... any other documents that they need if I am accepted. *fingers crossed*

Congrats on the interview! My deposit/enrollment forms were due within 20 days of the notice of acceptance. And then background checks/fingerprints/drug screen, you just have to finish it before school starts. It takes a couple weeks to process so you should probably do the fingerprints/drugscreen as soon as you can. And immunizations aren't due until 3-4 weeks into school. They haven't emailed us about immunizations yet, so I'm not sure exactly what we need, but I wouldn't worry too much. Hope this helps, Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

i spoke to an enrollment advisor from the san marcos campus and she said I definitely need to apply to the Summer '16 cohort saying spring its less competitive in admissions than fall. from what you all have heard in the past, is that true? i'm a little skeptical bc i actually wasn't planning on applying but i got a personal phone call from the EA saying i should apply. want to make sure this isn't just a marketing scheme.

Last edited:
Congrats on the interview! My deposit/enrollment forms were due within 20 days of the notice of acceptance. And then background checks/fingerprints/drug screen, you just have to finish it before school starts. It takes a couple weeks to process so you should probably do the fingerprints/drugscreen as soon as you can. And immunizations aren't due until 3-4 weeks into school. They haven't emailed us about immunizations yet, so I'm not sure exactly what we need, but I wouldn't worry too much. Hope this helps, Good luck!

Thanks for the information mollusk! Are you starting at SM in January as well?

I'll get on those as soon as I hear back from them to beat processing times, assuming it's the good news;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! :hello:

I've been stalking this post for forever and finally decided to post :happy:

I applied to the Spring '16 DPT program in Austin and just had an interview on Friday. I know they said 2-3 weeks but it's been 5 days and I'm already going insane! :smack:

I thought it would be nice to support each other since we're all in the same boat!

Hope to hear from you guys soon!

Hi everyone! :hello:

I've been stalking this post for forever and finally decided to post :happy:

I applied to the Spring '16 DPT program in Austin and just had an interview on Friday. I know they said 2-3 weeks but it's been 5 days and I'm already going insane! :smack:

I thought it would be nice to support each other since we're all in the same boat!

Hope to hear from you guys soon!

Well I probably saw you there ha. It is terribly hard to be patient at a time like this! Also, I waiting to hear back from another school, while prepping for 2 more interviews, on top of my school. Hopefully we will hear back before the 3 weeks, but I'm not going to get my hopes up lol

Well I probably saw you there ha. It is terribly hard to be patient at a time like this! Also, I waiting to hear back from another school, while prepping for 2 more interviews, on top of my school. Hopefully we will hear back before the 3 weeks, but I'm not going to get my hopes up lol

Yea I think I remember seeing a "John", I was the redhead lol. Are you one of the ones that traveled kinda far? Yea it's def hard to be patient! Oh man, you have even more school stress going on, I can't imagine! I'm trying not to get my hopes up, too, but I can't help constantly checking my portal and email, idk how I'm gonna make it to 3 weeks! :confused:

Yea I think I remember seeing a "John", I was the redhead lol. Are you one of the ones that traveled kinda far? Yea it's def hard to be patient! Oh man, you have even more school stress going on, I can't imagine! I'm trying not to get my hopes up, too, but I can't help constantly checking my portal and email, idk how I'm gonna make it to 3 weeks! :confused:

haha yea I was the only undergrad there lol. And I think I remember "the redhead" lol. But no I am getting my undergrad at Texas A&M still so I am just a few hours away. Were you one of the Louisiana people? I can't lie, I check my email every hour haha

haha yea I was the only undergrad there lol. And I think I remember "the redhead" lol. But no I am getting my undergrad at Texas A&M still so I am just a few hours away. Were you one of the Louisiana people? I can't lie, I check my email every hour haha
Oh yea, now I remember lol. I'm from Indiana :=|:-):

Congrats to everyone that has already been accepted, and good luck to anyone who may still be waiting to hear something! I'm currently in the program, and I'm taking some time off from school for personal reasons. I have an apartment with 2 other girls in the program, and I'm looking for someone to sublease my place for the spring. You could move-in basically anytime that works for you, and the lease runs through around April 24/25. You would have your own bedroom, and share a bathroom with one of them. It's about a 10 minute drive to the school and about 15-20 from downtown depending on traffic. The rent is typically about $580, plus a few bills (which are normally ~$80-90 I think). If you are interested (or have questions about anything else), please message me!

Congrats to everyone that has already been accepted, and good luck to anyone who may still be waiting to hear something! I'm currently in the program, and I'm taking some time off from school for personal reasons. I have an apartment with 2 other girls in the program, and I'm looking for someone to sublease my place for the spring. You could move-in basically anytime that works for you, and the lease runs through around April 24/25. You would have your own bedroom, and share a bathroom with one of them. It's about a 10 minute drive to the school and about 15-20 from downtown depending on traffic. The rent is typically about $580, plus a few bills (which are normally ~$80-90 I think). If you are interested (or have questions about anything else), please message me!

Did anyone receive an email yet?? Hey cerrah it's Kish! (I hope I spelled your name right...if not I apologize lol)

Hi, Kish! Yes you did spell my name right! :claps: Lol but unfortunately I haven't heard anything yet either...so let the waiting continue, I suppose...:whistle:

Hey guys!!! I was curious what types of questions were asked at the interviews? Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I got into Austin Campus Spring 2016 program too, I just joined the group.
can you guys share what the interview was like please!? Im curious of the types of questions they like to ask.. Thanks in advance and CONGRATS!!

can you guys share what the interview was like please!? Im curious of the types of questions they like to ask.. Thanks in advance and CONGRATS!!
From what I can remember..... Why we chose USA. How does our family know when we are stressed. What causes us stress. What is something we've done in life that we are really proud of...... I can't remember what else. But it was really relaxed.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey,
The interview process was really laid back. I loved it. it was more like conversation. They asked very basic questions such as something about yourself, why PT, why this school, how you deal with stress, what does integrity mean to you. it lasted about 30 mins or so.

From what I can remember..... Why we chose USA. How does our family know when we are stressed. What causes us stress. What is something we've done in life that we are really proud of...... I can't remember what else. But it was really relaxed.
Thanks I appreciate it!

Hey,
The interview process was really laid back. I loved it. it was more like conversation. They asked very basic questions such as something about yourself, why PT, why this school, how you deal with stress, what does integrity mean to you. it lasted about 30 mins or so.

Thanks I appreciate it!

I was lucky enough to get accepted as well, and the interview isn't that bad. Just sucks that you're interviewed with another student which made me feel more pressured. Overall it's a great location, and the facilities are the best I've seen from my interviews.
Good luck!

I was lucky enough to get accepted as well, and the interview isn't that bad. Just sucks that you're interviewed with another student which made me feel more pressured. Overall it's a great location, and the facilities are the best I've seen from my interviews.
Good luck!
Congrats, John!!! That's great!! :clap:
I was just wondering when and how (email, phone call) you received your acceptance?!

For anyone accepted to Austin, me and 2 other girls just accepted found a house 1.5 miles from campus.
If anyone is interested in signing a year lease please message me! Rent is 520/mo

I just got an email acceptance to San Marcos for Spring. I'm very happy and wish you all the best. I really appreciated the updates you all posted through this process, thanks.

Got my acceptance to San Marcos campus as well yesterday afternoon!! So excited! I was wondering if anyone is well-versed in the loans yet? Just wondering what direction to go in. Need to make an appointment with a Wells Fargo banker for sure. And I'm almost done with the FAFSA form. It's a real pain

Thanks I appreciate it!
One of the questions that tricked me a little was "Name/describe something you do that is unhealthy?" And they asked questions like "What do you think is in the future for PT?"

One of the questions that tricked me a little was "Name/describe something you do that is unhealthy?" And they asked questions like "What do you think is in the future for PT?"
thanks! congrats on your acceptance!

For Austin campus, has anyone received their email for their login credentials?? And what is our student ID number?

Got my acceptance to San Marcos campus as well yesterday afternoon!! So excited! I was wondering if anyone is well-versed in the loans yet? Just wondering what direction to go in. Need to make an appointment with a Wells Fargo banker for sure. And I'm almost done with the FAFSA form. It's a real pain

congrats on your acceptance! could you please share your stats? I am debating between st. Augustine and the san marcos locations... I live in VA so CA is a big jump for me, but I've always wanted to make the move

For Austin campus, has anyone received their email for their login credentials?? And what is our student ID number?
Apparently they are behind on sending out the info. I called and talked to them yesterday. She said hopefully this Friday we will get another email!

Hello everyone,

I recently got accepted into USA San Marcos campus for spring 2016 and am looking for a roommate or two to move in Januray 1. Please let me know if you're interested!

congrats on your acceptance! could you please share your stats? I am debating between st. Augustine and the san marcos locations... I live in VA so CA is a big jump for me, but I've always wanted to make the move

Yeah I'd love to share.

College: Sonoma State
Overall GPA: 3.45
Pre-req GPA: 3.8
Science GPA: 3.8
GRE: 147 A, 153 Q, 3.5 V
Hours: 1200 aquatic outpatient,
200 land outpatient,
40 land inpatient
Extra-curriculars:
-T.A. in Anatomy for 3 semesters
-camp counselor at for MDA and Boost camp
-member of the Pre-PT Club

Fortunately, my godmother is a PT and allowed me to work at her clinic every summer throughout undergrad. That is where I collected all of my hours (less the 40 inpatient). I also had amazing L.O.R. I think that was a big savior for me as I had just slightly above average grades and GRE coming from a mediocre state school.

Also, definitely get a variety of hours. Not just in one setting. And volunteer work is a huge plus, as most PT's are involved in the field because they genuinely want to heal others, not just for money.

Another big plus psychologically (at least for me) is to never give up. If you really want to be a PT the interviewer will see that. I just took a year off after being denied in my first cycle and had to really reflect on whether or not this is what I wanted. Took many odd jobs(i.e. sales, construction, window cleaning, babysitting) and hated them all. If I got denied again I wouldn't stop. If PT is what you want go get it.

Hope some of this helps. Feels amazing to be able to write this down post-acceptance. This website helped me out a ton and continues to help me every time I look at new forums. It have me a sigh of relief when I read that other people were being accepted based on something other than GPA. Schools are starting to realize that a dedicated 3.5 is as good or better than a carefree 3.7. Best of luck. And San Marcos/SD is just heavenly. I'm from Sacramento and lived in wine country for years. San Diego is where in planning on living the rest of my life.

Hello all! I have been following this thread for a while and most of my questions have been answered reading your discussions. Has anyone been invited for a personal interview online using ZOOM? Just curious if anyone has been interviewed online? All I have seen in existing threads are onsite interviews.

Last edited:
Anyone accepted for the Spring 2016 San Marcos location please send me a personal message I'm attempting to round up possible roommates. Thanks

If any of you have questions about the USA application process, I can try to answer them. Not an expert, to say the least, but I want to help if I can. I start there in the Fall.

How do you submit the application? I don't see a "Submit" button anywhere on their page.
Also, do I need to wait until my transcripts are there to submit? I sent mine weeks ago but they're still listed as not received.

Hey guys do you know the interview dates for San Marcos DPT spring (January start date) 2016?

Hey guys do you know the interview dates for San Marcos DPT spring (January start date) 2016?
The two interview dates already passed. I was in the second group and it was October 23rd.

Did anyone here have prereqs pending at time of application? I'm applying next year and will have three science classes in progress and I'm wondering how much this will affect my admission chances?

Anyone in the Spring 2016 Flex MOT program St Augustine campus? Wondering if anyone has started a Facebook page?

Question for everybody. I'm having a real hard time trying to decide which campus to apply to. I'm torn between the San Marcos, CA campus and the FL campus.

Anyone know the pros/cons of either? Thank you.

Hey y'all! I am currently in my second trimester at USA Austin campus and my roommate is moving out one of the first few days of January and I'm looking for a female roommate to sublease until the lease is up in June. Its about 20 minutes from campus, really close to downtown and super affordable rent. Send me a message if you're interested or email me [email protected]. Also, congrats to everyone who has been accepted!

I just got it to San Marcos off the waitlist!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
I interview at St. Augustine. Not really crazy about going to this campus but when life gives you lemons...This is my third time applying and I'm in no position to be picky. That said, if anyone can PLEASE message me and give me information on a facebook group, living situations, or any other helpful information that would be awesome. Thanks!

Hello,

I am applying but I have a c in anatomy and physiology II so I am re-taking it. My only concern is that the C will still be on my transcript. USA says they only factor the higher grade but it still makes me nervous. Does anyone have any experience/advice..I am hoping its more common and I am not the only one. Thanks.

I just got it to San Marcos off the waitlist!!!!
Congrats! I hate asking this but I'm very curious to what a waitlisted-accepted candidates app profile looks like. Do you mind sharing what your application looked like.

Hello,

I am applying but I have a c in anatomy and physiology II so I am re-taking it. My only concern is that the C will still be on my transcript. USA says they only factor the higher grade but it still makes me nervous. Does anyone have any experience/advice..I am hoping its more common and I am not the only one. Thanks.

At my school they do A & P separate. Got a C in Anatomy first time around. Repeated it and got an A. Then became a T.A. for 3 semesters. Got a B+ in Physio first time. I think being a T.A. shows that you have a deep interest in one of the most applicable courses for Physical Therapists (get friendly with your instructor as you will need their seal of approval when it comes to T.A. And LOR's)
Also had to retake Stats (C->A). I think USA is honest about looking at the highest grade. Just be sure to get an A second time around. No excuses. It is supposed to be a breeze.
I recently was accepted to USA San Marcos. Best of luck to you.

Hey Everyone,

Has anyone on here taken the A&P/med term courses they recommend you taking before your actually start? Some of us who just got into the Summer 2016 classes are wondering if taking them is beneficial or if there is another better way to prepare. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated by us all :) Thank you!

Hey Everyone,

Has anyone on here taken the A&P/med term courses they recommend you taking before your actually start? Some of us who just got into the Summer 2016 classes are wondering if taking them is beneficial or if there is another better way to prepare. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated by us all :) Thank you!
Hey There. I am a student now. The A&P course may be helpful (granted, I didn't take it and still survived, but it may help adjust to the way the questions are worded) and the medical terminology course is not necessary. You'll do just fine without it. Good luck!

I interview at St. Augustine. Not really crazy about going to this campus but when life gives you lemons...This is my third time applying and I'm in no position to be picky. That said, if anyone can PLEASE message me and give me information on a facebook group, living situations, or any other helpful information that would be awesome. Thanks!
Just got back on student doctor network to see if I can provide any help for those matriculating or interested in the program. Here is some general/random information in no particular order.
#1 Most people live in apartment complexes like Villa San Marco or The Preserves which are the closest to the campus- maybe 5 minutes away, but someone people also find houses nearby and share them with a few other students
#2 The St. Augustine is pretty safe, most people go downtown or to the beach for fun
#3 The professors overall are pretty helpful and down-to-Earth. They are very focused on clinical competency
#4 There isn't really a FB for anyone other than for those that have been accepted. I haven't seen a page that provides any advice from current students other than on here