-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
University of St Augustine summer 2018
Started by ATCtoDPT
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
i believe your correct. Also they calculate the last 45 credits for your gpaDoes anyone know how USA calculates prereq gpa? On the application, we didn't enter pluses or minuses for grades, so do they calculate gpa without that? Just A is 4, B is 3, etc, etc..?
That's correct. Leaving out the +/- helps to level out the playing field. My community college, for example, did not grade with +/-.Does anyone know how USA calculates prereq gpa? On the application, we didn't enter pluses or minuses for grades, so do they calculate gpa without that? Just A is 4, B is 3, etc, etc..?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i believe your correct. Also they calculate the last 45 credits for your gpa
Just as additional information? They also calculate your cumulative GPA, right?
yup your cumulative is the last 45 credits.Just as additional information? They also calculate your cumulative GPA, right?
yup your cumulative is the last 45 credits.
Oh that's nice. This, and the confirmation that pluses and minuses don't matter is great news! Especially great news for my A minuses
Hello! Do you mind sharing your experience at the interview on Friday ? For example questions they asked, estimate amount of DPT applicants, also if admissions said anything about how many they will be accepting etc?Thanks so much!! I don't mind at all. USA pgpa: 3.6 & GRE: 302.
Coming up on another week... May the PT school gods be kind and merciful 🙂
even though it doesn't say that they are still accepting applications for san macros for the spring term. someone in a pre pt facebook group recently got accepted for the spring. I can't believe they're still filling spring.. such a long process lolComing up on another week... May the PT school gods be kind and merciful 🙂
Interesting... Who knows what to expect anymore hahaeven though it doesn't say that they are still accepting applications for san macros for the spring term. someone in a pre pt facebook group recently got accepted for the spring. I can't believe they're still filling spring.. such a long process lol
Maybe he was waitlisted... I’ve seen ppl get accepted after being waitlisted just a few weeks before classes start!even though it doesn't say that they are still accepting applications for san macros for the spring term. someone in a pre pt facebook group recently got accepted for the spring. I can't believe they're still filling spring.. such a long process lol
I emailed to request an update from my advisor since someone interviewed at Austin last Friday. I just figured they would have a better idea by now. I basically got back a non-answer telling me to "please have patience as it's a rigorous process". No other details. Bummer, lol.
I
At least it was a prompt response.I emailed to request an update from my advisor since someone interviewed at Austin last Friday. I just figured they would have a better idea by now. I basically got back a non-answer telling me to "please have patience as it's a rigorous process". No other details. Bummer, lol.
I just got an interview invite for Friday, November 17th for the San Marcos campus!!
Congrats on getting an interview! did the school email you? and when did you submit your application?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats on getting an interview! did the school email you? and when did you submit your application?
Thank you! I am equal parts excited and nervous! The invite was in an e-mail from the school, from someone from the admissions team.
Edit: and my app was submitted on 9/1
Last edited:
Thank you! I am equal parts excited and nervous! The invite was in an e-mail from the school, from someone named Jennifer Finn
Whoops, didn't realize I had different accounts on my computer and phone. Emgant is also me, cover blown
Congrats and good luck! Let us know how it goes. 🙂I just got an interview invite for Friday, November 17th for the San Marcos campus!!
Congrats and good luck! Let us know how it goes. 🙂
Thank you, and will do 🙂
I just got an interview invite for Friday, November 17th for the San Marcos campus!!
Are you applying for the Full-Time DPT program?
Are you applying for the Full-Time DPT program?
Yes, I am
Gratz! You guys are the first to post about it so I'm assuming yes 🙂Also received an invitation to interview at San Marcos on Nov 17th. Does anyone know if this is the first round of interviews for San Marcos for summer 2018?
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing your USA pgpa and Gre?Also received an invitation to interview at San Marcos on Nov 17th. Does anyone know if this is the first round of interviews for San Marcos for summer 2018?
So, for the rest of us... I'm assuming if we don't hear anything this week, then it'll be too late (or too short notice) to invite anyone to interviews for next week. Two weeks from now is Thanksgiving. So we're potentially looking at December now.
My advisor told me today that the next potential interview date for the Austin Campus will be December 1st.So, for the rest of us... I'm assuming if we don't hear anything this week, then it'll be too late (or too short notice) to invite anyone to interviews for next week. Two weeks from now is Thanksgiving. So we're potentially looking at December now.
Thanks for the info! Is your advisor Kim?My advisor told me today that the next potential interview date for the Austin Campus will be December 1st.
Yes!Thanks for the info! Is your advisor Kim?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow for spring full time dpt? Can’t believe they are still filling spring spotsA friend of mine was just offered an interview for San Marcos Spring semester... on the 16th this month.
I’ve heard of them pulling from the next trimester to still fill the previous one if they didn’t have enough good applicants applyWow for spring full time dpt? Can’t believe they are still filling spring spots
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing your USA pgpa and Gre?
157v, 153q, 4.0w. Can I find my usa pgpa on the application website, or do I have to calculate it myself?
You would have to calculate it yourself157v, 153q, 4.0w. Can I find my usa pgpa on the application website, or do I have to calculate it myself?
Just curious... did anyone get an email from USA regarding interested in the masters of public health or something?
Lol, wat. Nope, I didn't get that.Just curious... did anyone get an email from USA regarding interested in the masters of public health or something?
NopeJust curious... did anyone get an email from USA regarding interested in the masters of public health or something?
One of the fall 2018 applicants just posted in the spring thread saying they were offered an opportunity to interview for spring. That's pretty crazy, considering they just skipped right past offering them summer. I wonder why they're still struggling to fill those seats (also, have they asked any of us yet?).
no i haven't been invited to relocate to spring then again im applying to a full time program not flex. Maybe they're just less interest in the flex program.One of the fall 2018 applicants just posted in the spring thread saying they were offered an opportunity to interview for spring. That's pretty crazy, considering they just skipped right past offering them summer. I wonder why they're still struggling to fill those seats (also, have they asked any of us yet?).
You're probably right. I feel like there's some weird phenomenon happening with the applicant pools this year that I'll never fully understand. Oh well, lol.no i haven't been invited to relocate to spring then again im applying to a full time program not flex. Maybe they're just less interest in the flex program.
yeah summer is very delayed. i just hope we hear back this YEAR! LOLYou're probably right. I feel like there's some weird phenomenon happening with the applicant pools this year that I'll never fully understand. Oh well, lol.
yeah summer is very delayed. i just hope we hear back this YEAR! LOL
LOL *smiling through the agony*I also received an interview invite for the San Marcos campus 
So excited and nervous already.

So excited and nervous already.
Last edited:
Congrats! When did they send you the notification ?I also received an interview invite for the San Marcos campus
So excited and nervous already.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! When did they send you the notification ?
Thanks! I received it yesterday.
Looks like others on here received theirs a couple days sooner.
So I didn’t receive any notification for San Marcos yet... don’t know if this is a good thing or bad. 
Keeping my fingers crossed for you. It might just be that they're slowly trickling in. Summer seats are tougher to fill (plus you've seen how slow spring has been!).So I didn’t receive any notification for San Marcos yet... don’t know if this is a good thing or bad.![]()
Thank you! Wish the best for you and everyone on here as wellKeeping my fingers crossed for you. It might just be that they're slowly trickling in. Summer seats are tougher to fill (plus you've seen how slow spring has been!).
So I didn’t receive any notification for San Marcos yet... don’t know if this is a good thing or bad.![]()
Even if an invite doesn't happen for this round of interviews, I wouldn't get discouraged! Plenty of people get invited to different interview rounds, and still get in. I don't think it's a good or bad thing, yet!