University of St Augustine summer 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you. Another applicant who was denied e-mailed our advisor and they were less than helpful about providing feedback. Their denial e-mail even says they're not required to give any if they don't want to. For me, I know there's definitely room for improvement with my grades and all that. So that's what I will focus on for next time.

I've been following this thread and your case in particular. Do you mind sharing your stats? I ask because I will be going into this as a low GPA applicant and Im worried about that even though every other part of my application would do me justice.

Members don't see this ad.

I've been following this thread and your case in particular. Do you mind sharing your stats? I ask because I will be going into this as a low GPA applicant and Im worried about that even though every other part of my application would do me justice.
My undergrad GPA is embarrassing, maybe less than a 2.3. I don't even bother trying to remember it anymore bc I can't change anything about it. My pGPA was 3.2. Had a couple C's - I'm sure that was a factor. 307/4.0 GRE, ~112 observation hours. I have ~8 years of successful work experience in another field. I thought maybe they had looked at me holistically and saw that I was well-rounded enough to be invited to interview. And I thought my interview went pretty great. Today, however, I found out second hand from someone that they don't even read your personal statement or anything before the interview - they only look at your stats apparently. I was a bit baffled to hear this, because for me if they went off numbers alone I probably wouldn't get invited. I honestly wish they hadn't invited me if my grades were going to be a problem all along, especially after all the waiting and spending the money to fly out and take time off work. Anyway, I'm still feeling sore from the punch so I've been trying to process everything. :(

Heard back from Austin this morning (Flex program). I was denied admission. I was worried all along about my grades, and was surprised to have even gotten an interview.

Having a good cry and licking my wounds but I know everything will be okay in the end, somehow. Good luck to all of you!
I haven't had my interview at San Marcos but I feel like my grades aren't good enough either

Members don't see this ad :)
My undergrad GPA is embarrassing, maybe less than a 2.3. I don't even bother trying to remember it anymore bc I can't change anything about it. My pGPA was 3.2. Had a couple C's - I'm sure that was a factor. 307/4.0 GRE, ~112 observation hours. I have ~8 years of successful work experience in another field. I thought maybe they had looked at me holistically and saw that I was well-rounded enough to be invited to interview. And I thought my interview went pretty great. Today, however, I found out second hand from someone that they don't even read your personal statement or anything before the interview - they only look at your stats apparently. I was a bit baffled to hear this, because for me if they went off numbers alone I probably wouldn't get invited. I honestly wish they hadn't invited me if my grades were going to be a problem all along, especially after all the waiting and spending the money to fly out and take time off work. Anyway, I'm still feeling sore from the punch so I've been trying to process everything. :(

If I were to nitpick anything its for sure your prereq gpa. St.Augustinr is where most people with low overall GPA's apply anyway thats not the problem. You got to understand that 3.2 as an overall isnt competitive as is. But most compensate that with a prereq gpa of at least 3.5-3.9. 3.2 as a prereq isnt a real good sign if i can be totally honest. Thats where id improve upon since your overall cant really be bumped by much.

If I were to nitpick anything its for sure your prereq gpa. St.Augustinr is where most people with low overall GPA's apply anyway thats not the problem. You got to understand that 3.2 as an overall isnt competitive as is. But most compensate that with a prereq gpa of at least 3.5-3.9. 3.2 as a prereq isnt a real good sign if i can be totally honest. Thats where id improve upon since your overall cant really be bumped by much.
Yea for sure I'll be working on retaking some classes for next time. I'm just still trying to understand why they bothered to invite me if that was the case.

Yea for sure I'll be working on retaking some classes for next time. I'm just still trying to understand why they bothered to invite me if that was the case.
As youve said its holistically. A rejection probably means maybe you didnt stand out. They still look at you as a person

As youve said its holistically. A rejection probably means maybe you didnt stand out. They still look at you as a person
if you guys havent heard, check your spam folders

Still have not heard anything Checjed my spam folders too. Hoping i’m Just close to making the cut.

Has anyone else not heard back yet for USA St. Augustine Campus? For those accepted, do you know how many people have been accepted so far?

I was starting to get a little bit nervous/worried/excited/anxious/all the above on USA Miami's decision of admission.

However, and then I thought, "How/If/Can even USA even make the decisions on acceptance/denial for the students who interviewed on the 26th when students who are scheduled on the 16th (Feb) for the same cohort haven't even interviewed yet?"

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone.

I just wanted to say that I have been accepted into USA Miami's DPT program for the summer (May) 2018 class full time!

I am looking forward to starting this next chapter of my life.

Congratulations to everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got an email this morning that I’ve been accepted to the DPT program at the Miami campus! Anyone else?

Reactions: 2 users
Got an email this morning that I’ve been accepted to the DPT program at the Miami campus! Anyone else?
Congrats!! Question. Did you receive an email prior to your interview from admissions to confirm your interview or any last minute information?

Congrats!! Question. Did you receive an email prior to your interview from admissions to confirm your interview or any last minute information?
Nope, I didn't receive anything before the interview besides the initial invite

Has anyone else not heard back yet for USA St. Augustine Campus? For those accepted, do you know how many people have been accepted so far?
I got an acceptance email on Wednesday, but I haven't the slightest idea how many else have been accepted so far.
I haven't had my interview at San Marcos but I feel like my grades aren't good enough either
My cGPA was a 2.8 overall, and I've been accepted. Keep hope alive!

I interviewed with the St Augustine campus on Jan 26 and I still haven't heard anything. Were those of you accepted in group 1 or 2? It looks like the facebook group is still pretty small so I don't know if not having heard back yet is a rejection at this point. Any insight is definitely welcome!

I interviewed with the St Augustine campus on Jan 26 and I still haven't heard anything. Were those of you accepted in group 1 or 2? It looks like the facebook group is still pretty small so I don't know if not having heard back yet is a rejection at this point. Any insight is definitely welcome!
some people have already been rejected, so I'd say not hearing is better then rejection. You could be on the bubble. I know 2 who have already declined acceptance so that is good news for bubble people

I got an acceptance email on Wednesday, but I haven't the slightest idea how many else have been accepted so far.

Thank you! that really relives some pressure. Have my interview this Friday so hoping to hear back soon since the cohort starts in three months and theres so much to do haha

Anyone interviewing for the Miami Campus Deb 16th for the summer?

For anyone who interviewed recently. Can you tell us what kind of questions were asked or any other information that is helpful?
Also if you've received an acceptance/ deny letter can you please share stats? it would really help us out! Thanks so much

Congrats! I'm applying to the Miami campus as well for Summer. Can you please share stats and the type of questions you were asked please?

That's awesome man! I'm applying with a 3.2 overall/ 3.8 PreReq can you please share your stats?

I was in group 2 and was accepted last Wednesday.

Anyone interviewing for the Miami Campus Deb 16th for the summer?

For anyone who interviewed recently. Can you tell us what kind of questions were asked or any other information that is helpful?
Also if you've received an acceptance/ deny letter can you please share stats? it would really help us out! Thanks so much
I interviewed at the Miami campus on 1/26 and was asked questions along the lines of why I wanted to be a PT, what qualities I thought made a good PT, talk about a challenge I faced and how I overcame it and then a scenario type question. You’ll be with either 1 or 2 other applicants in your interview. I found out I was accepted exactly 2 weeks after the interview via email

My stats are:
GPA: 3.4
Pre-req GPA: 3.5
GRE: 298
Hours: 1000+ (I work as an aide)

Hope this helps!

Congrats! I'm applying to the Miami campus as well for Summer. Can you please share stats and the type of questions you were asked please?

That's awesome man! I'm applying with a 3.2 overall/ 3.8 PreReq can you please share your stats?
cGPA: 2.8
prereqGPA: 3.5
GRE: 161V 156Q 4.0 W
Shadowing: 40hrs Home Health, 40 Outpatient, 40 SNF
I'd say I had a pretty strong interview too, I know my stats are pretty average hahaha

The denial was posted on my portal this morning. Congrats to everyone that was accepted! I will be applying again and I am eager to see how I can strengthen my application!

The denial was posted on my portal this morning. Congrats to everyone that was accepted! I will be applying again and I am eager to see how I can strengthen my application!

Good luck next time man!
Would you mind sharing your stats? Curious as to where I stand...

Good luck next time man!
Would you mind sharing your stats? Curious as to where I stand...
I have no idea where my GPA is because I have retaken pre-reqs. I think my cumgpa is around a 3.0 and my pre-req gpa is around a 3.4. I have a 155 math and a 153 verbal, 4.0 for the writing on the GRE. I have around 200 hours shadowing in inpatient, outpatient, women's health, and rehab. I have around 250 hours volunteering for a suicide hotline and I am a board member. I graduated from undergrad in april of 2016 and I have worked full time in non-pt jobs since I graduated. At this point I will probably shadow in a few other settings but I don't know what else to improve on between now and then unless I were to get another Bachelors degree to get that cumgpa up. They can't tell you where you are weak in your application because of Non-disclosure agreements so you just have to self-reflect and figure out where you can strengthen the application yourself. I've seen several people get in with lower gpas than me so I know I should strengthen my application in other ways and maybe I will do better next time I apply! What are your stats?

I have no idea where my GPA is because I have retaken pre-reqs. I think my cumgpa is around a 3.0 and my pre-req gpa is around a 3.4. I have a 155 math and a 153 verbal, 4.0 for the writing on the GRE. I have around 200 hours shadowing in inpatient, outpatient, women's health, and rehab. I have around 250 hours volunteering for a suicide hotline and I am a board member. I graduated from undergrad in april of 2016 and I have worked full time in non-pt jobs since I graduated. At this point I will probably shadow in a few other settings but I don't know what else to improve on between now and then unless I were to get another Bachelors degree to get that cumgpa up. They can't tell you where you are weak in your application because of Non-disclosure agreements so you just have to self-reflect and figure out where you can strengthen the application yourself. I've seen several people get in with lower gpas than me so I know I should strengthen my application in other ways and maybe I will do better next time I apply! What are your stats?

Damn man it seems like my chances are slim as you're stats are similar/better than mine...

CumGPA: 3.18
PreReq: 3.8
Last 45 Credits: 3.72
Observation Hours: 90 Hours (2 Settings)
GRE: 301 (149 V & 152 Q)
Two Letters of Recommendation from PTs

Did you apply to Miami campus?

Last edited:
I was offered a spot for the Summer cohort at San Marcos location but decided to turn it down. Hopefully this helps out someone.

Damn man it seems like my chances are slim as you're stats are similar/better than mine...

CumGPA: 3.18
PreReq: 3.8
Last 45 Credits: 3.72
Observation Hours: 90 Hours (2 Settings)
GRE: 301 (149 V & 152 Q)
Two Letters of Recommendation from PTs

Did you apply to Miami campus?
No, I applied to the St. Augustine campus. I've seen people with lower GPAs get accepted so it's definitely possible!

I was also offered a spot at San Marcos, but turned it down so hopefully this helps someone out as well!

Sorry to hear, I just had one quick question.. did you interview?

Has anyone who interviewed Jan 26th or Feb 16th heard back?

Has anyone who interviewed Jan 26th or Feb 16th heard back?

I interviewed on Feb 16th and haven't gotten a reply yet. I keep checking every few hours hoping for good news.

Accepted to USA's Austin campus for Summer DPT cohort!

I applied and interviewed at San Marcos, they told me I'm admissible but San marcos is full so they offered me a spot at the Austin Campus.

Anyone know if there's a facebook page?

Accepted to USA's Austin campus for Summer DPT cohort!

I applied and interviewed at San Marcos, they told me I'm admissible but San marcos is full so they offered me a spot at the Austin Campus.

Anyone know if there's a facebook page?

Was that today? also did you get a call or email?

I made a group, I don't believe the school makes one for us. Type in "University St. Augustine Dpt Summer 2018 Austin" and it should pop up. If it doesn't let me know!
I looked on Facebook and there’s nothing for the Austin campus I can find!

I interviewed Feb 16th for Miami campus and got my acceptance letter an hour ago!!

Just got my acceptance email to the Miami Campus for the Fall!! Had the interview on Feb. 16!

Anyone know if there is a Facebook page for the Miami campus for the Summer 2018 class?

Anyone know if there is a Facebook page for the Miami campus for the Summer 2018 class?
Yes, it’s USAHS Miami campus Summer 2018 Purple Class

I just declined my spot to USA San Marcos, hopefully this opens a spot up for someone on the waitlist.

Hi everyone! I have my interview coming up on March 16 for summer term. Is there anyone else here attending who is also applying for summer? It seems like most people there will be for fall.