University of St. Augustine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

westcoastin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of applying to St. Augustine and while on their website came across this statement I somehow had not seen before: "Make it your goal to complete this step (step1) at least one month before the application deadline for your program." Step 1 consists of sending in the autobiography, statement of purpose, and résumé. To make matters confusing, another statement on their website says "Early applications are always welcome. Please make every effort to complete your application and submit supporting materials a month before each deadline to ensure we can receive and compile all of your documents before we begin the formal review process. If space permits, we continue accepting applications after these deadlines."

As you can see, these are seemingly inconsistent statements. I have e-mailed the school but have not heard back. My question for current and future St. Augustine students is first and foremost, what does St. Augustine want submitted one month in advance of the deadline? Do they want just the autobiography, statement of purpose, and résumé? Or do they want the entire application submitted, including supporting materials (LORs, GRE, etc.)? Secondly, are there any consequences for not submitting the required materials one month in advance? Or do they just put that so students won't send everything at the last minute?

Sorry for the lengthy post, but I just need some clarification. Your guys' help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

(Moderators, I've posted this in both Physical Therapy sections as I thought both sub-forums could be helpful in answering my questions.)

Members don't see this ad.

The university is very liberal when it comes to the deadline. You have control over the autobiography, statement of purpose, resume, GRE scores, and transcripts. You should make sure those items are definitely there by the deadline. You will not be penalized for not sending things in a month in advance. Further, with the documents listed above, a determination can be made as to whether you are a quality candidate. You will still be able to submit documents such as letters of recommendation and observation hours after the deadline.

This is based on personal experience. I did not expect to hear from the school because my application package was incomplete, and was absolutely shocked to be invited to interview. At the time of my interview I had two prerequisite courses, 20 observation hours, and a letter of recommendation or 2 outstanding (Unfortunately I worked with a lot of people who just didn't come through for my timely, though they did eventually). Once I was contacted for the interview I made sure I got the rest of the required documents submitted and was ultimately offered admission.

what term are you applying for and what campus?

Members don't see this ad :)
The university is very liberal when it comes to the deadline. You have control over the autobiography, statement of purpose, resume, GRE scores, and transcripts. You should make sure those items are definitely there by the deadline. You will not be penalized for not sending things in a month in advance. Further, with the documents listed above, a determination can be made as to whether you are a quality candidate. You will still be able to submit documents such as letters of recommendation and observation hours after the deadline.

This is based on personal experience. I did not expect to hear from the school because my application package was incomplete, and was absolutely shocked to be invited to interview. At the time of my interview I had two prerequisite courses, 20 observation hours, and a letter of recommendation or 2 outstanding (Unfortunately I worked with a lot of people who just didn't come through for my timely, though they did eventually). Once I was contacted for the interview I made sure I got the rest of the required documents submitted and was ultimately offered admission.

Thanks for taking the time to reply and answer my questions. I am relieved to know that I won't be penalized for not having submitted my application a month in advance of the deadline. I was worried/anxious when I saw their recommendation of submitting materials a month ahead.

As for your experience with USA, that was cool of them to look at your application even though it was incomplete. I think most PT schools aren't as lenient with their deadlines. And I would have been shocked too if I had been invited to an interview after submitting an incomplete application. I'm glad it worked out that way for you though. If you don't mind my asking, did you end up accepting?

Thanks for taking the time to reply and answer my questions. I am relieved to know that I won't be penalized for not having submitted my application a month in advance of the deadline. I was worried/anxious when I saw their recommendation of submitting materials a month ahead.

As for your experience with USA, that was cool of them to look at your application even though it was incomplete. I think most PT schools aren't as lenient with their deadlines. And I would have been shocked too if I had been invited to an interview after submitting an incomplete application. I'm glad it worked out that way for you though. If you don't mind my asking, did you end up accepting?

Yes, I accepted the offer of admission and look forward to starting in September.

@astewart1986 @westcoastin

I was confused and worried about the same thing. I submitted the first portion of my application (Autobiography, resume, etc) and got an email days later telling me they've received my application and will send my ID and PW 3-10 days. Although, how long did it take you guys to receive it? And I was concerned about the deadline also because I'm scheduled to take my GRE in December, and I know it takes 10 days to send them in, so my GRE scores won't be in until about 10 days after their "deadline" which is the 15th. I should still be okay right? :X

I would not worry too much. USA-ATX is a new enough program its not really "on the map" yet. They held interviews yesterday and there was less than 70 people here for 50-55 slots. They are very liberal about the application process. A classmate of mine did not even reach the minimums to get in and sure enough he got in. Just turn things in when you can and you should be good to go.
[/QUOTE]

Thank you @dalingil! Do you know when they'll contact the next batch of interviews?

@dalingil btw, how long did it take to get your id and password to do the hours, recommendations part? It was supposed to take 6-10 days but it's been more than that. I don't want to be impatient and ask them for it since I'm assuming they're busy with getting all of that information together.

@rl91 Sorry for the late reply; I am just now seeing this. dalingil has pretty much covered USA's liberal stance on the application process. As for the id and password to submit the hours and recommendations, looking back at old e-mail, it took about 6 days to receive.

As USA has 3 terms beginning every year, you triple your chances AND your application can easily float to early or late term acceptance. I was interviewed for a Fall start but was then offered a Summer start. I'm glad I started Fall. Typically, Fall class is most focused, but we still have a good time.