Nov 24, 2017
Status
Veterinary Student
Wait, you're telling me you need to see a doctor that australia approves of? haha thats kind of crazy especially if they dont approve one near you. Where do you find that list?
When you submit your visa they will tell you what they require of you. Most likely they will say you need a health exam and they'll give you a HAP ID number and tell you what tests need to be done. Make sure you try and get this done soon as it may take a while to get an appointment (limited certified immigration doctors) and then you have to wait for them to send their results. All the info can be found here: Who needs health examinations

Nov 18, 2018
wait you didn't submit your visa but you are doing an exam?
Yes, you can submit a request for your health identifier number before you submit the app for the visa. The doctor I went to required it, since they are submitting the paperwork to immigration.

CDN-Prevet

OVC 2023
May 13, 2018
Status
Veterinary Student
When you submit your visa they will tell you what they require of you. Most likely they will say you need a health exam and they'll give you a HAP ID number and tell you what tests need to be done. Make sure you try and get this done soon as it may take a while to get an appointment (limited certified immigration doctors) and then you have to wait for them to send their results. All the info can be found here: Who needs health examinations
okay thanks! I haven't applied but I will be for the next cycle so I was just curious about the process

Reactions: BF14
Nov 29, 2018
Out of curiosity, how many seats are available to international students for the DVM program? I got my conditional offer but I'm not certain whether I will get the unconditional offer from the school.

OP
JiuJitsuGirl95
Sep 22, 2018
I'm flying out on 2/10 from jax I live in north FL. Has everyone picked their housing?
I’ll be flying in on 2/6. I haven’t picked my housing but have a short list of places to look at when I get in. I don’t want to sign anything until I’ve seen it in person.

Reactions: BF14

SkiOtter

c/o 2022
2+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2016
Status
Veterinary Student
I’ll be flying in on 2/6. I haven’t picked my housing but have a short list of places to look at when I get in. I don’t want to sign anything until I’ve seen it in person.
Same, girl
I was paranoid about housing at my school not being what I expected from pictures online :laugh:

Dec 6, 2017
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Hey (Question) I'm applying this cycle for Sydney as an international (US citizen). They say on their prereq website that they need a detailed outline of the courses that you took as prereqs for Sydney. Can anyone clarify what they are expecting here (ie the syllabi)? Additionally they say that if there are any specific gaps in knowledge or understanding we have to rectify them. Anyone able to clarify this??? I tried emailing them but have gotten no reply back yet. Thank you!

OP
JiuJitsuGirl95
Sep 22, 2018
Hi, is there anyone on this thread that would be willing to chat with me as a current second-year student about your time in Sydney so far? I am an incoming student starting in 2020. Would be amazing to ask you some questions about rotations/life in Sydney/transitions. Bonus points if you're a non US or Canadian citizen. Thank you so much!
Hi! Sorry I don’t log on here much. Feel free to message me with your questions

OP
JiuJitsuGirl95
Sep 22, 2018
Hey (Question) I'm applying this cycle for Sydney as an international (US citizen). They say on their prereq website that they need a detailed outline of the courses that you took as prereqs for Sydney. Can anyone clarify what they are expecting here (ie the syllabi)? Additionally they say that if there are any specific gaps in knowledge or understanding we have to rectify them. Anyone able to clarify this??? I tried emailing them but have gotten no reply back yet. Thank you!
You basically search the learning objectives of your specific class at your specific college and can copy and paste what it says. That seemed to work for me just fine.