You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
University of Texas Application Thread
Started by wmw
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Oh I see. Maybe he is just messing with you!!! That would be pretty mean to do that though and I'm sure Dr. Wilcox wouldn't do that. Congrats on getting accepted to UH though! My best friend is a P1 there and she loves it.
Thanks... I was having a pretty hard time with deciding between the two but now I don't have to. Good luck with your application...I'm sure you'll hear good news soon!🙂
I got a reply from my email too! Waitlisted 🙁
either way, it was totally worth the effort, just be polite and short and he seemed to have no problem letting you know via email!
Quote from email
Right now you are on the wait list. I am meeting with the dean at the end of the day to present the committee recommendations to him. Sorry for the delay.Rich
either way, it was totally worth the effort, just be polite and short and he seemed to have no problem letting you know via email!
Quote from email
Right now you are on the wait list. I am meeting with the dean at the end of the day to present the committee recommendations to him. Sorry for the delay.Rich
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm too nervous to ask.....he's probably gonna be so frustrated by the end of the day hahaha
Does anyone know how many people get waitlisted?
I'm too nervous to ask.....he's probably gonna be so frustrated by the end of the day hahaha
I'm nervous to ask as well. At least not knowing gives me some hope!
I e-mailed Wilcox about an hour ago about the waitlist. I did it before looking at the forums here.
I hope I'm not the 5th or 6th person who's e-mailed him today... haha. Oh well, I don't think he'll be mad at me. It was short, sweet, and to the point.
Still waiting though... on all schools 🙁
I hope I'm not the 5th or 6th person who's e-mailed him today... haha. Oh well, I don't think he'll be mad at me. It was short, sweet, and to the point.
Still waiting though... on all schools 🙁
i just got an email that i was rejected... idn what could have happened bc i had a great interview and good stats. owell i was having trouble deciding b/t two schools but now i dont have to 🙂 good luck to yall!!
Thanks for the good luck wish!! Good luck in Houston!! I'm sure you'll be a great pharmacist!!
This leads me to think that the rest of us are either on the waitlist or getting rejected. oh well. don't wanna be a downer though.
This leads me to think that the rest of us are either on the waitlist or getting rejected. oh well. don't wanna be a downer though.
I think that as well, but let's see if anyone gets an actual acceptance email this week. Also, for the fellow waitlisters, this is kind of exciting, almost like were starting all over again. lol. i'm thinking that a ranking of less than 15, your probably in; around 20 is iffy, and above 25 doesn't look too hot. just my estimations...
I got an email from Ann Spencer at 7:30 tonight. It was good news! 😀
I got an email from Ann Spencer at 7:30 tonight. It was good news! 😀
Congrats!!! I am surprised the email went out so late.
Nothing for me....ughhh I might just cave and e-mail Dr. Wilcox so I can sleep at night.
Nothing for me....ughhh I might just cave and e-mail Dr. Wilcox so I can sleep at night.
I want to do so bad, but I've emailed Dr. Wilcox a bunch of times regarding other issues. Ugh, so stressful.
i just got an email that i was rejected... idn what could have happened bc i had a great interview and good stats. owell i was having trouble deciding b/t two schools but now i dont have to 🙂 good luck to yall!!
I am soooo sorry. I know you will be a great PharmD. You got a good back up. I am still waiting for an interivew there. Seriously, if I was in your shoes, I would have had the same problem deciding b/w the two....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am soooo sorry. I know you will be a great PharmD. You got a good back up. I am still waiting for an interivew there. Seriously, if I was in your shoes, I would have had the same problem deciding b/w the two....
Thanks so much!! yeah i really liked my interview there and i know they are still doing interviews so im sure you will hear from them soon! who knows...maybe we will be classmates!
I got an email from Ann Spencer at 7:30 tonight. It was good news! 😀
who else got an email at 7:30? ughhh sooo anxious... 🙁
who else got an email at 7:30? ughhh sooo anxious... 🙁
2 of my friends got emails tonight so several definitely went out. hope you hear back soon though! 👍
2 of my friends got emails tonight so several definitely went out. hope you hear back soon though! 👍
Are the acceptances going out based on last name alphabetical order?\
Man I am debating to email him...I think if you havent received an email yet, its likely rejection or waitlisted DANG IT!
I wonder if they sent out the rest tonight or if they are sending them out slowly throughout the week. Anyone have an idea?
I wonder if they sent out the rest tonight or if they are sending them out slowly throughout the week. Anyone have an idea?
They sent out slowly....................
I think these acceptances are ppl getting in off the waitlist
Oh....so all the acceptances were already sent out last Friday and now people are just getting in by the waitlist now? For some reason I thought there were more acceptances going out because they didn't finish. Ooopppssss!
Oh....so all the acceptances were already sent out last Friday and now people are just getting in by the waitlist now? For some reason I thought there were more acceptances going out because they didn't finish. Ooopppssss!
I'm not totally sure, but the timing suggests waitlist movement as opposed to normal decisions; at least to me anyway. I wouldnt understand why they would still be deciding on unreviewed applications after people have been placed on the waitlist (according to someones above posting) If a waitlist exists, then all regular decisions should have been made in my opinion
wow, i'm starting to think that because I showed impatience through emailing Dr. Wilcox I was waitlisted and not accepted. No one that has emailed Dr. Wilcox and asked has heard from him that they were accepted....I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if the reason I didn't get in was because I couldn't wait a few days...Oh man. Hopefully I am just over-analyzing it like I always do..........Idk though 🙁. I thought that they really really liked me and were impressed during my interview.
I'm not totally sure, but the timing suggests waitlist movement as opposed to normal decisions; at least to me anyway. I wouldnt understand why they would still be deciding on unreviewed applications after people have been placed on the waitlist (according to someones above posting) If a waitlist exists, then all regular decisions should have been made in my opinion
^ good point.
wow, i'm starting to think that because I showed impatience through emailing Dr. Wilcox I was waitlisted and not accepted. No one that has emailed Dr. Wilcox and asked has heard from him that they were accepted....I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if the reason I didn't get in was because I couldn't wait a few days...Oh man. Hopefully I am just over-analyzing it like I always do..........Idk though 🙁. I thought that they really really liked me and were impressed during my interview.
I wouldnt worry about it..Afterall this is a very important decision/step in our life and they understand that...
It could also be that the accepted candidates are just not communicating here.....
Man I am debating to email him...I think if you havent received an email yet, its likely rejection or waitlisted DANG IT!
I think it's safe to assume that. It's why I've already started looking at apartments in Oklahoma City...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wow, i'm starting to think that because I showed impatience through emailing Dr. Wilcox I was waitlisted and not accepted. No one that has emailed Dr. Wilcox and asked has heard from him that they were accepted....I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if the reason I didn't get in was because I couldn't wait a few days...Oh man. Hopefully I am just over-analyzing it like I always do..........Idk though 🙁. I thought that they really really liked me and were impressed during my interview.
I think you're being unnecessarily hard on yourself. I doubt emailing him would cause you to be rejected or waitlisted. Hang in there till tomorrow and remember, some folks got accepted during the summer months.
thanks for the encouragement.
^ good point.
Well I was never informed that I was on a waitlist. I got a reply from Dr Wilcox on Monday that my application was still under review. So that theory is not looking too likely. This points to the possibilty that some people's application have not been even looked at all. But who knows.
The speculation is just that. Speculation. The only way to really find out is to just email Dr Wilcox. It didn't hurt my chances. Dr Wilcox does not seem like a spiteful person to me. He was really fair with me. I put my application in at the last minute, and I never realized there was a word count on the essays, and they were cut off short, leaving only a portion of my essays submitted. He let me email him the rest of my essay and put them in my file. He's a good and fair man.
I just want to inject a microscopic hopeful comment here. I was talking to my friend last night who is current a P1 at UT. She said she didn't get her acceptance until the 31st. So maybe we shouldn't completely despair...just partially despair.
2 of my friends got emails tonight so several definitely went out. hope you hear back soon though! 👍
One of my friends got an email yesterday, but I don't know when. Heard it from a mutual friend.
surely that has to be THE LAST friggin batch of regular acceptances. I just want them to send us the waitlist rankings already!!
surely that has to be THE LAST friggin batch of regular acceptances. I just want them to send us the waitlist rankings already!!
Anyone know if waitlist is sent out by snail mail or email?
Anyone know if waitlist is sent out by snail mail or email?
Dr. Wilcox told me it would be an email.
Anyone know if waitlist is sent out by snail mail or email?
From hearsay- snail mail
On the door of the room where the adcom meets, I saw there were no scheduled meetings for this week. This leads me to believe the adcom has finished meeting for this cycle
Dude, do you stalk the pharmacy building? j/k
Yesterday when I contacted Dr. Wilcox I was told I had been wait listed but the AdCom was meeting that evening. And an official notice would be sent out.
This morning I got an offer letter via email. There is HOPE people!!!!
So I am not sure if I was on the edge between waitlist and acceptance, or if I got in off the waitlist before it had been announced, but either way! I am going to UT!!!
This morning I got an offer letter via email. There is HOPE people!!!!
So I am not sure if I was on the edge between waitlist and acceptance, or if I got in off the waitlist before it had been announced, but either way! I am going to UT!!!
Anyone got rejection letters this week yet? I emailed Dr. Wilcox at around 13:00, waiting for a reply :[ It's so hard to study with this on my mind.
Dude, do you stalk the pharmacy building? j/k
Just trying to help.
Yesterday when I contacted Dr. Wilcox I was told I had been wait listed but the AdCom was meeting that evening. And an official notice would be sent out.
This morning I got an offer letter via email. There is HOPE people!!!!
So I am not sure if I was on the edge between waitlist and acceptance, or if I got in off the waitlist before it had been announced, but either way! I am going to UT!!!
Congratulations to you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone got rejection letters this week yet? I emailed Dr. Wilcox at around 13:00, waiting for a reply :[ It's so hard to study with this on my mind.
still waiting like you. no rejection letter today but no reply by dr wilcox either. i wish today was the last day for rejection letters.
I buckled and sent Dr. Wilcox an email. Now for the wait...
I emailed Dr. Wilcox at around 13:00
That screams "I work at a hospital" haha.
I caved in and e-mailed Dr. wilcox yesterday, I haven't heard back though. Poor guy, I can't imagine what his inbox looks like right now.
I caved also, but still waiting on his reply. I'm sure his inbox has been flooded all week though.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K
- Locked
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K