University of Toronto Pharmacy Class of 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi. Can I also be added to the FB group chat? Thanks!
Hi there. Please check the student doc group discussion page that I added you.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm... that's weird.
Since you can't DM me, I've invited you to group convo in student doc network. Click your account top right corner of the browser and see if you can find a group convo for 2T4 that I created. Then, you can message me via FB.

For anyone also interested in joining FB group for this year's applicants, leave a comment in this thread and I will try to invite you guys to sdn's group convo and you guys can message me in FB as well.
can i be added as well?

Hi, can you also add me to the FB group chat? Thanks.

Hmm... that's weird.
Since you can't DM me, I've invited you to group convo in student doc network. Click your account top right corner of the browser and see if you can find a group convo for 2T4 that I created. Then, you can message me via FB.

For anyone also interested in joining FB group for this year's applicants, leave a comment in this thread and I will try to invite you guys to sdn's group convo and you guys can message me in FB as well.

Hi, could you please also add me as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to those accepted to the University of Toronto Pharmacy Class of 2024!
1f389.png
Me and Chelsea Alder are 2T3 President and Vice President, and your Phrosh Co-Chairs!

Please join the attached official Facebook page for your class where you can find important information and ask questions to upper years. Can’t wait to see you all there!

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone else get a letter saying their application is held pending review?

anyone know how many people are put in the waitlist?

I also got this in my letter. It is because I am writing a deferred midterm next week. Do you know what the reason was for you?
I have no idea lol, they haven't contacted me yet. Maybe cuz I'm taking an online course this spring term? But I thought summer courses didn't count... Did they contact you saying that was the reason for why you got that letter, or are you assuming?

I have no idea lol, they haven't contacted me yet. Maybe cuz I'm taking an online course this spring term? But I thought summer courses didn't count... Did they contact you saying that was the reason for why you got that letter, or are you assuming?
I emailed them and they said they I should send my transcript after I receive my grade and they would then update the decision on my application.

I emailed them and they said they I should send my transcript after I receive my grade and they would then update the decision on my application.
Oh ok I see! I think I might do that too if they don't reach out soon. Best of luck on your midterm and application!

Would anyone who has been waitlisted be interested in being a part of a separate FB group chat? This way we can keep track of how fast the list is moving later on.

Reactions: 2 users
Hmm... that's weird.

Hi ! Can I please be added?

i was waitlisted and they told me in the email
Did they say how many people applied this year?

As a practicing pharmacist I can't believe they still manage to find enough students to fill 240 seats + waitlists.

You guys are better off not doing pharmacy the job market is saturated. There are more IPGs than Canadian grads every year. If you guys haven't looked into the job market, do some research before accepting your offer...

Hearing this from recent 2T0 grads, the market only got worse since I graduated.

As a practicing pharmacist I can't believe they still manage to find enough students to fill 240 seats + waitlists.

You guys are better off not doing pharmacy the job market is saturated. There are more IPGs than Canadian grads every year. If you guys haven't looked into the job market, do some research before accepting your offer...

Hearing this from recent 2T0 grads, the market only got worse since I graduated.

is it really that bad?

i think for 2T3 and 2T4 cycle around 400 people applied

is it really that bad?
Yes, many practicing pharmacists (myself included) were discussing the other day how can there still be so many students thinking of pharmacy. Wages in the GTA lowest i've heard is $28. $35 seems to be the general average for new grads now. Keep in mind when I graduated no one took anything below $40 even in the GTA. Just imagine what the market will be like in 4 years when you guys graduate. Also remember its really hard to work 40 hours. SDM considers 28 hours full time staff so many pharmacists want additional shifts but there aren't enough hours to go around.

Pharmacy is such a bad profession and it won't get any better. I wouldn't accept that offer you guys.

For those of you who got accepted, would u mind sharing your GPAs & PCAT scores

I’m curious how many interview letters were sent out if only 240 of the 400 get admitted

I have no idea how many interview invites were sent out but the pcat cutoff for this year was

Writing:2.5
Composite:30
Chem:30
Bio:20
Math:10
Reading comp:10

I’m assuming everyone that applied prob got an interview invite with average 70+ and met the pcat cutoff

Not sure about interview invites either, but someone mentioned in an old SDN applicant page that uoft sends out acceptances to about 270 people to account for those that won’t accept their offer. Did anyone else hear this as well?

Hmm... that's weird.

Hey, I'm a little late can I please be added as well!!

Not sure about interview invites either, but someone mentioned in an old SDN applicant page that uoft sends out acceptances to about 270 people to account for those that won’t accept their offer. Did anyone else hear this as well?
I think its 240 acceptances plus 30 people who have been wait listed?

For those of you who got waitlisted, don’t feel that you won’t get accepted because it’s taking too long. Prior to this year, they would offer conditional offers to students who still needed to complete a prerequisite or were writing a deferred exam. This year however, the
I think its 240 acceptances plus 30 people who have been wait listed?
I assumed this to be the case as well but I saw multiple people saying that they do in fact send letters of admission to 270 people in addition to 30 wait lists. This actually makes sense since I would expect a lot more than 30 people to not accept their offer since lots of people will decide to go to Waterloo and for others Pharmacy is more of a backup plan

Hello. Can you please add me to the FB group? Thanks!

To anyone else who also applied to waterloo pharmacy and got accepted, which are you choosing and why?

To anyone else who also applied to waterloo pharmacy and got accepted, which are you choosing and why?
Waterloo’s university administration is much easier to work with, plus living costs are so much lower

I got accepted to both but I’m still on the fence about going into PharmD
If I were to choose I would pick Waterloo because of their paid coop (more interesting opportunities), smaller class size so you can get to know your classmates and professors more, and also I hear some profs teach at uoft as well as Waterloo so in terms of education they would be about the same, also tuition is less at Waterloo!

I got accepted to both but I’m still on the fence about going into PharmD
If I were to choose I would pick Waterloo because of their paid coop (more interesting opportunities), smaller class size so you can get to know your classmates and professors more, and also I hear some profs teach at uoft as well as Waterloo so in terms of education they would be about the same, also tuition is less at Waterloo!
Are you considering a different field other than PharmD? I got waitlisted and want to pursue a career in pharmacy but I've also seen a lot of posts emphasizing how saturated the job market already is and honestly it's a bit discouraging...

Are you considering a different field other than PharmD? I got waitlisted and want to pursue a career in pharmacy but I've also seen a lot of posts emphasizing how saturated the job market already is and honestly it's a bit discouraging...
Yes tbh I was really get into waterloo since it’s pretty competitive around only 95/120 spots is given to applicants due to their CAP students spots and my academics are not too stellar but after doing more research in the pharmacy field I feel like the job market may not get any better. For me personally I’ve considered many factors in pharmacy and why it is no longer the path I want to go. Feel free to dm me and I can give u more info on why I decided pharmacy may not be for ME

Reactions: 1 users
Hey there, could those who got accepted please share your GPA, experience and stats?
It would be really helpful

Hey there, could those who got accepted please share your GPA, experience and stats?
GPA: 3.3 (on a 4.0 scale)
PCAT: 91 composite
Probably not applicable in other years but I think I did really well on CASPER

Hey! I got accepted. Here are my stats:

Cumulative average: 77% - graduated from UofT, had full course load in 2 out of 4 years
PCAT Composite: 96
CASPer: Honestly didn’t feel that great about it, probably did average

Last edited:
To those who got an offer, when is the deadline for you guys to accept it?