University of Washington Admissions Qs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jillibean

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed that their interview website says that you can be notified of acceptance, rejection or hold immediately after your interview. Does anyone know what % of acceptances will be handed out after interviews? Also if you interview in October, you may have to wait until March for the final decision... so would it, in fact, be better to interview late there, so you are fresh in their minds come March when the final acceptances are handed out?

Members don't see this ad.

this is kind of a side question but how long after amcas verification did you guys get UW? Thats my #1 right now and i haven't received word from them yet.

this is kind of a side question but how long after amcas verification did you guys get UW? Thats my #1 right now and i haven't received word from them yet.

My secondary came ~1 week after verification and the interview invite was ~a month later (I don't have the specific dates handy, but I think that is about right).

Edit: kevster, I saw your mdapplicants and UW guarantees interviews to anyone with a 27/3.5 who is in-state, so dont worry about that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe only a small fraction of people are immediately accepted after their interview. Most people go on the waiting list.

And it is definitely to your advantage to interview early, because acceptances start going out in November. Interviewing late decreases the number of possible spots open to you.

jillibean....if you don't mind my asking, when is your UW interview??

My secondary came ~1 week after verification and the interview invite was ~a month later (I don't have the specific dates handy, but I think that is about right).

Edit: kevster, I saw your mdapplicants and UW guarantees interviews to anyone with a 27/3.5 who is in-state, so dont worry about that.

oh yay