2023-2024 University of Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I must be blind, but does anyone know the turnaround time from interviews to decisions for the Moscow cohort?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else anxious for how the alternate list is going to play out in April/May? Sitting here practically losing my mind at the continuous wait🥲

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know what the orientation dates are for the Seattle group? All I can find online is that classes start 7/18 and orientation might be any time in the 2 weeks before that
-a hopeful waitlister trying to make summer plans

Also received the A for Idaho cohort! Interviewed 2/13 couldn't be happier

• Love
Also received the A for the Idaho cohort!!Interviewed 2/12. Congratulations everyone!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the A for Idaho cohort! Interviewed 2/13!

I got the acceptance call today for the Idaho cohort! Interviewed 02/12. I'm super excited to attend such a great school and look forward to meeting you all!

Woohoo! A call for Idaho cohort (didn't check my phone yesterday lol). Reapplicant who's 3/3 on II->A this year, feels amazing to have another shot haha. Congrats to everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Of the Idaho cohort, has anyone's Choose Your Medical School update yet with UW on the list? Mine for some reason has not

Anyone know if there’s a group somewhere for MT cohort?

Same for Idaho. Does anyone want to get a group going?

Okay Montana folks I think I created a group, but let’s see if this works! You're invited to my new group 'WWAMI Montana E-24' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

I was placed on the ranked alternate list for the AK cohort. Is there any point in sending a letter of intent/update letter? I assume this will not have any bearing on the alternate list position.

I was placed on the ranked alternate list for the AK cohort. Is there any point in sending a letter of intent/update letter? I assume this will not have any bearing on the alternate list position.
I was told that UW doesn't accept any update letters/LOI.

I know this was discussed before, but is there a group chat for accepted Idaho students?

Where should we check to see if UW has sent financial aid info? Have they said that it’ll be sent to our AMCAS email or the UW student email? Through another method? With the commit to enroll deadline coming up, it would be nice to have some info or at least start applying for scholarships.

Ugh, I thought there would be some movement on the waitlist (Seattle). :cryi:

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Hey everyone, current UWSOM MS2. This may get taken down but I'm sure some students will want to get in on this. The UWSOM Medical Student Association has a merchandise drive going to raise money for our student government. There's a paucity of UWSOM-specific merchandise available, so we thought we would make our own. Designs were from current medical students. Sale ends April 22nd!

For those on the waitlist or gearing up to apply/reapply this next cycle, hang in there. We're all rooting for you.

Reactions: 3 users
Any current students know if a car is required for the first year or during preclinical? (for the Seattle cohort)

Any current students know if a car is required for the first year or during preclinical? (for the Seattle cohort)
Not a current student but since no one else has responded, I did undergrad at UW and live in Seattle now and think that Seattle without a car is totally doable, especially if you live near campus or walking distance from a light rail stop. Parking on campus at UW is $$$ so I wouldn’t want to be driving to class regularly anyway. Hopefully an actual student can chime in and give you more specific advice!

Please, ADCOM, please update the application portal with waitlist movement status:arghh:. Whose with me on this?

Seems like a slower year this time around for waitlist movement.. hoping we get some action before the weekend :unsure:

Seems like a slower year this time around for waitlist movement.. hoping we get some action before the weekend :unsure:
It’s freaking me out, the later it starts the less alternatives are inevitably accepted! I wonder why it’s so slow this year round

It’s freaking me out, the later it starts the less alternatives are inevitably accepted! I wonder why it’s so slow this year round
I think due to fafsa delay this yr, many students are waiting for their financial aid packages to come through before making their decisions. But this is truly testing my patience haha!

I think due to fafsa delay this yr, many students are waiting for their financial aid packages to come through before making their decisions. But this is truly testing my patience haha!
I heard about that but am very confused. What exactly happened with FAFSA? I completed my form thing on time and it said it was processed as well so I’m not sure what delay is going on.

I heard about that but am very confused. What exactly happened with FAFSA? I completed my form thing on time and it said it was processed as well so I’m not sure what delay is going on.
Many students needed to do corrections which were supposed to be available in late March. However, FAFSA made it available in mid-April instead.

what @vochi said. because of this extension, many schools are sending out their financial aid packages later than prior years