2023-2024 University of Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Feeling awful about my interview :( was very nervous, felt like I was rambling, questions were difficult. I guess we’ll see what happens!

You never know until results come out! Keep your chin up and sending good vibes!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Feeling awful about my interview :( was very nervous, felt like I was rambling, questions were difficult. I guess we’ll see what happens!
We can be one of the worst judges of our own performance. You likely did better than you thought! As many will tell you, you never know until you get the final results. The hardest part is over; it's out of your hands now. You did your best, and that's all that counts! Just try to keep busy for the next couple of weeks. I walked away feeling like I bombed it too, but the interview is only one aspect of your application. Never know what they're looking for exactly. Don't sweat it too much. (Got on the alternate list<10).

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I felt the exact same way about mine. Even worse, maybe! Got the A. Don't count yourself out! We are our own worst critics.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey y'all, I went ahead and made a groupme for the accepted Seattle cohort students. Feel free to join and introduce yourselves, if you'd like!

You're invited to join my group "UW Class Of 2028 (Seattle Cohort)" on GroupMe. Use this link to join: GroupMe

Reactions: 1 user
How we feeling Spokane friends? 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

• Haha
  • Sad
I felt like I bombed my interview, I have never stuttered or rambled more in my life than those 30 minutes

• Care
I felt like I bombed my interview, I have never stuttered or rambled more in my life than those 30 minutes
I interviewed Spokane in December and I rambled and it was by far my worst interview T_T

Currently SUC but some hope is that literally everyone I have talked to feels that way about UW,, even friends that have been accepted in past years so don't lose heart! Hopefully we'll all find out soon :)

• Care
Was accepted Spokane about ~45min ago, interviewed 12/5. So so incredibly thrilled!!! My first MD acceptance and dream school

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A to Spokane!! Interviewed 12/5

I hope anyone that felt terrible and frazzled at their interview can have some hope....I thought my interview was a straight crapshow but my EXCOM member said that they were very impressedo_O we are our own worst critics! Good luck to everyone!!

Reactions: 6 users
Spokane A interviewed 12/4 😭😭😭😭 i am crying so hard you guys

Reactions: 5 users
Just got the A for Spokane a few hours ago!!!! Wow I cannot believe this is real life 😭

Reactions: 5 users
are all A calls for Spokane made today? or are some made next week? :/
I’m not quite sure, but if you haven’t heard anything you’re still in the running :) I got my call a few minutes before 5pm today and I can’t imagine they would’ve finished evaluating everyone by today, especially if you interviewed this week. I interviewed December 5 (Tuesday) and didn’t get my SUC email until December 11 the next Monday. So maybe it takes a bit to review?

Reactions: 1 users
A to Spokane!! Interviewed 12/5

I hope anyone that felt terrible and frazzled at their interview can have some hope....I thought my interview was a straight crapshow but my EXCOM member said that they were very impressedo_O we are our own worst critics! Good luck to everyone!!
Same, I cried right after my interview because I felt so awful about it

Congrats to everyone who’s been accepted! Montana interviews start next week, it’s been killing me waiting this long. Anyone else in the same boat? Good luck with interview prep, I’m now in the ‘lay wide awake in bed at night thinking of what my answers will be’ mode.

Hi! I was wondering if someone who is IS, took at least one gap year, and received an acceptance could tell me about what activities they did while they were applying! I really would love some advice as I unfortunately was not accepted but was thinking of reapplying this coming spring or next year!

Can anybody tell me how accurate the statistics for the alternate list acceptances are? Is there truly that much movement on the waitlists? I'm currently waitlisted (low 30s) and I don't want to get my hopes up.. However, the consistent 40's I'm seeing on the position reached keeps tempting me🥲

Can anybody tell me how accurate the statistics for the alternate list acceptances are? Is there truly that much movement on the waitlists? I'm currently waitlisted (low 30s) and I don't want to get my hopes up.. However, the consistent 40's I'm seeing on the position reached keeps tempting me🥲
If you were to measure the accuracy it would be 100% haha those are literally the statistics that UWSOM posted themselves. Granted its not a guarantee that they will reach those numbers this year. It could be higher or it could be lower nobody knows.

Hi! I was wondering if someone who is IS, took at least one gap year, and received an acceptance could tell me about what activities they did while they were applying! I really would love some advice as I unfortunately was not accepted but was thinking of reapplying this coming spring or next year!
Hi there, sorry to hear about the R but it sounds like you have a great positive attitude to improve and reapply! :) I'm IS and got the A. My gap year was planned after I graduated, and I'm currently working on a Master's online in a field I'm passionate about. I was originally I would work part time as a CNA (which I did a few summers ago) or in another patient-care job, but some stuff came up with family and traveling so I have just been doing my studies online and working some odd jobs and volunteering. I would suggest reaching out to admissions and seeing if they could give you feedback on why you weren't accepted and what you could do to improve because I think what you do in your gap year would be more specific to your situation. I have heard several schools offer these services, but I'm not sure if that is only available if you reach the interview stage. Unless your shortcomings were a lack of clinical experience or writing quality or low MCAT, you might need to take a bit longer than just this spring to work on things and might be better off applying next year to show strong improvement. Good luck!! Feel free to pm me with any questions :)

I love your positive energy and you are resilient!! Im also IS, accepted to Seattle campus. After graduation, I joined a research lab because I had no research and lab skills (still no publications but I felt like I learned a ton of new things everyday). My position also allowed me to interact with patients, go into OR for research purpose but also shadow while on the job, interacted with pathologists who asked me to come over and teach me the random things about human anatomy. I would say jobs in clinical research would give you a bit of both. Besides work, I tutor English to immigrants in Seattle area. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions (and my lab is also hiring for my position too!!)

Reapplicant here and got the A for Seattle. You can ask for feedback from the school if you at least got an II this year. Unless they mention a specific weakness, really focus on rewriting your essays! Ive found UW to be generous to reapplicants so best of luck to you!

Just got the acceptance call for WWAMI!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Acceptance call for Montana WWAMI today at 1:20 PM!! I interviewed Wednesday afternoon (2/7).

• Love
Yes MT WWAMI and I interviewed yesterday!
Awesome, congrats again! Also interviewed yesterday and felt pretty bad about my interview so just patiently waiting for my R or WL email to come next week now.

Edit: The neuroticism got the best of me... ended up getting an A call later in the evening!

Last edited:
  • Love
MT cohort, interviewed 2/7, no phone call :(
Anyone know how long they take to send the WL/R emails?

I’m also a MT applicant, interviewed 2/6 and didn’t receive a call🙁 I believe they said that we will get an email sometime next week.

I’m also a MT applicant, interviewed 2/6 and didn’t receive a call🙁 I believe they said that we will get an email sometime next week.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I was told there was a possibility for further calls on Monday. Based off of some things that were mentioned to me during my call I know they haven't finished all decisions yet.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I was told there was a possibility for further calls on Monday. Based off of some things that were mentioned to me during my call I know they haven't finished all decisions yet.
Thanks for sharing, I didn’t know that!

Can anyone with low stats comment on how their UW admissions has gone this cycle? Also, does anyone know if the Seattle cohort is more competitive than the Spokane cohort?

Can anyone with low stats comment on how their UW admissions has gone this cycle? Also, does anyone know if the Seattle cohort is more competitive than the Spokane cohort?
Everyone's circumstances are so different that lead to them getting an acceptance, so make sure you take it all with a grain of salt! I was accepted last month into the Spokane cohort with below average GPA, along with a 50X MCAT. But I have also taken a few gap years and have a bunch of paid clinical/paid research/ volunteer hours caring for underserved populations.

No knowledge on the difference in competitiveness Seattle vs Spokane, I choose Spokane for the smaller cohort size.

Last edited:
I have low stats (LM 61.5) and was accepted into the Seattle cohort as an OOR applicant!

I have felt very positive about this experience as a whole. I received the OOR pre-secondary application in August, I believe. I do have a good mission-fit, and I believe that's what helped my app stand out. I am non-traditional, first gen, low SES, and have experience working and volunteering in rural/underserved communities. I spoke very passionately about my experiences and path to medicine. Shortly after this, I got my official secondary. Received my II in mid-September, and interviewed in early October. The interview was more challenging for me. Maybe because I was extremely nervous? Maybe I'm just being hard on myself, but I felt like I had bombed it! My low stats were only brought up once throughout this entire experience, and it was done so in a very polite and courteous way by my EXCOM member. It took place after the interview, once the other interviewers had left the zoom call. I wasn't grilled by any means, just asked for a basic explanation, and what I would do differently in the future.

As a whole I really do feel that UW believes in a holistic approach. If you have a unique path to medicine with solid ECs and a good mission fit, you have a shot!

Just got my alternate list placement. Does anyone know how high it went for the MT cohort last year?

Edit: just looked, it got up to 12 for E23