University of Waterloo Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
definitely waking up around 9:30!!!

Same here, I guess this place will be on FIRE tomorrow morning !!!

lol I've been reading the recent posts on this thread and I just wanted to wish you all the best of luck tomorrow on the offers. Waterloo should be honored to have such students in their pharmacy class. Good luck everyone, you are only hours away from accepting you acceptance offer :D

Thanks so much :) I can't wait June 24th when we'll be both waiting to hear from UofT ;)

Just signed up to wish everyone good luck tomorrow. I hope you all get in and I can see all your faces next year when school starts up! The nerves have been shot but it'll all be worth it in the end. Hopefully this is the start of something amazing over the next 4 years!

GOOD LUCK everyone!!:D

Thank you, and welcome to SDN! I hope you get in too, best of luck.

P.S. can't believe we're already on Page 19 :D

Members don't see this ad.

wait so... does quest update or do we get an e-mail?

wait so... does quest update or do we get an e-mail?

It could be either one I think... some ppl last year got emails first while some others had their quest updated before getting emails. I believe Waterloo sends emails in batches :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
It could be either one I think... some ppl last year got emails first while some others had their quest updated before getting emails. I believe Waterloo sends emails in batches :rolleyes:

good to know. i'll probably check e-mail first since it's easier. oh man, my heart starts to race every time i think about that moment

Roughly 10 more hours guys....

I have the goosebums

Alright guys..

I'm gonna try and get some sleep ^^

See you guys tomorrow around 9:30.

Hopefully we all get accepted :highfive:

We are so close - tomorrow will be the beginning of a new and exciting chapter of our lives :) All of you have been really optimistic and positive things happen to all those who think positively!

I wish you all the best of luck!! We have been through these rough and tough times together on SDN...can't wait to be classmates with you all! I hope everyone here on SDN gets an offer of acceptance from UW - honestly, I believe all of us deserve it after all :) And remember, everything happens for a reason - it's all part of a bigger plan so have faith in yourself no matter what! :):):)

I can't wait to see all your bright, shining and CHEERFUL posts tomorrow morning! :luck:

We are so close - tomorrow will be the beginning of a new and exciting chapter of our lives :) All of you have been really optimistic and positive things happen to all those who think positively!

I wish you all the best of luck!! We have been through these rough and tough times together on SDN...can't wait to be classmates with you all! I hope everyone here on SDN gets an offer of acceptance from UW - honestly, I believe all of us deserve it after all :) And remember, everything happens for a reason - it's all part of a bigger plan so have faith in yourself no matter what! :):):)

I can't wait to see all your bright, shining and CHEERFUL posts tomorrow morning! :luck:

Yay! Positivity FTW! Goodluck Everyone =)

Couldn't have said it any better ;)

I, too, wanted to wish you all the BEST of the best. I'm sure that we all deserve it and I can't wait to witness all the excitement tomorrow. I hope that everyone will hear good news tomorrow. Just have faith that whatever happens, happens for a good reason (as the poster above mentioned) :)

So GOOD LUCK everyone today! :luck:

Cheers!

For those of you who cannot fall asleep, I will share with you my secret:

http://bit.ly/lP9Wxu

An children's audiobook of Samuel L Jackson telling you to go the f--- to sleep.

Members don't see this ad :)
Am I first one up? Lol I'm on from my phone... Whenever u guys say its time ill get out of bed :p

I'm up early tooo!! 2 hours and 20 minutes..

I hope they are not late with the decisions!!

btw.. don't try signing on quest like I did just now, you get an error "invalid sign-on time" LOL :laugh:

:luck::xf:

Just woke up a few minutes ago, I tried to sleep as long as I could. I am just a bundle of nerves this morning. :(

okay I am up...Waterloo you better send those emails soon! I can no longer wait!
SO EXCITEDDDDD :soexcited:

is anyone kinda the opposite of excited, and feel they're not gona get in for some reason? =(

is anyone kinda the opposite of excited, and feel they're not gona get in for some reason? =(

I definitely have that feeling!! I'm so paranoidd :(

I think there is access to Quest again.. but it still says application.

lol, just woke up now... this is unusual, I never wake up this early on my own.

Once again, good luck everyone ;)

LOL I fell asleep after I wrote that and just woke up again. Any updates? I'm too nervous to check.

LOL I fell asleep after I wrote that and just woke up again. Any updates? I'm too nervous to check.

hahaha! i wish i could have slept until now. :) as for updates, there's nothing on my end yet!

I'm up guys.. LETS DO THIS :laugh:

39 people online :|

thanks departure and mochaswirl!

Just checked my email guys,

I'M INNNNNN :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited: :highfive: :highfive:

Last edited:
you guys! mine got updated on quest and i was so excited i think i accepted now it says "intention to someting.." lol

WE DID IT! congratsssss!! :highfive:

YESSSS :D I kept thinking about the moment, last year, when we said we would be classmates... I can't be any happier than this :clap::highfive:

CONGRATS to you Yazahra and to EVERYONE ELSE !

I had a feeling.. i didn't get in =( , but my number 1 choice is UofT, so I guess it's better someone else got the spot cuz I would've rejected it if I get into UofT. Good luck everyone else !

I'M IN!!!!!!!!!!

Just to clarify though guys, on your quest, under conditions, mine still has a yellow diamond, but I don't know if this means i have to take an extra course or something? I can't find any info about that on my quest anywhere? :confused:

I also have a yellow diamond for conditions (Met Requirements) on CQUEST application.

I'm wondering as well if there's something else to complete??? I'm sure I did all the prerequisites...:confused:

And CONGRATS EVERYONE!

I'M IN!!!!!!!!!!

Just to clarify though guys, on your quest, under conditions, mine still has a yellow diamond, but I don't know if this means i have to take an extra course or something? I can't find any info about that on my quest anywhere? :confused:

Note to all of you: DO NOT worry about those yellow diamonds if you already have all the requirements, last year people had those too but after a while they get replaced with green check marks.

I got the email guys! But they haven't updated on quest yeT. IM SO HAPPY YES YES YES CONGRATS GUYS!!

Hi guys! I've been a long, long time lurker here at SDN especially in the Waterloo and UT thread. Woke up to a beautiful incoming mail notification sound with subject titled: Congratulations.

I've always wanted to thank the encouraging members of this forum. So, thank you. Congratulations to everybody!! :love::love::love::love::love:

I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations to everyone else! See you guys in January!

Oh, i misinterpreted the email then? it talked about all these conditional requirements having to be met, but was it just saying that in general for everyone then? if that's the case, PHEW!

Oh, i misinterpreted the email then? it talked about all these conditional requirements having to be met, but was it just saying that in general for everyone then? if that's the case, PHEW!

yup its a generic email that everyone gets, your specific terms would be in the hardcopy offer letter. :)

ACCEPTED. :) :) though, i had the hardest time looking for it, because it was in my junk mail and my Quest wasn't updated.

congratulations people !!!

does anyone here have actual conditional acceptances? if so, where do you guys see the courses you need on quest? the reason why i'm being so paranoid about this is because i might have had my lab course waived, but if not, then i'd have to apply to another school to take it. and applications for most schools are due in two weeks!

does anyone here have actual conditional acceptances? if so, where do you guys see the courses you need on quest? the reason why i'm being so paranoid about this is because i might have had my lab course waived, but if not, then i'd have to apply to another school to take it. and applications for most schools are due in two weeks!

ya i have a deferred exam to write and my quest has outlined all the conditions, it says:
1. req'd course is missing
2. name of course + lab
3. pharmacy condition deadline
4. equivalencies must be approved

(it says this on the main page of quest where it says admit), so if urs doesnt say anything then you're very likely okay.

congratulations to everyone! whether you are in or not, this was a great journey and a great learning experience! go out and celebrate!

Thank you mochaswirl, that was really helpful. i will see you in January.

congratulations everyone! i can't wait to meet you all there!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Under conditions for mine (on CQUEST account page where it shows the admit status):

Admission Requirements Met (Date) (Initiated icon)

"All Pharmacy admission requirements have been met. If you choose to take elective courses during the spring 2011 or fall 2011 terms, official final transcripts must be submitted directly from the issuing institutions to the Office of the Registrar as soon as they are available. If you complete courses at Waterloo, the Pharmacy Admissions Committee will automatically access your record and an official transcript is not required. NOTE: It is NOT advisable to complete first-year courses from the Pharmacy curriculum. For more information, please contact the School of Pharmacy's Undergraduate Advisor at [email protected]."

Is this the same for everyone who believes they *have* finished the requirements as well?

ACCEPTED. :) :) though, i had the hardest time looking for it, because it was in my junk mail and my Quest wasn't updated.

congratulations people !!!

YEAAAAAAH ACCEPTED TOO! It came to my junkmail as well.
I can't seem to see my conditions on quest, can you guys clarify where it is?