University of West Indies Mona Jamaica questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coyfish

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know about this school? I researched the basics and I have a chance to go UWI vs SGU. It appears that the quality of education is outstanding at UWI but it isn't designed to get students into the US system. Can anyone shed any light pleasE?

Members don't see this ad.

No Caribbean school is designed to get students into the US system. They are going to take your money and that's it.

Actually they are but you are more interested in spreading negativity about something you really haven't researched. SGU has similar pass / score rates as US Grads. Look at the class sizes and then look at the residency match lists they post annually. I almost went to SGU and looked heavily into it but ironically im going to the same damn school as you now.

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe that UWI is a university geared towards students who actually live and will practice in the Caribbean. Students from the Bahamas, Jamaica, Barbados, etc. SGU is a school located in the Caribbean but with the express purpose of sending its graduates back to the US.

Going to UWI would be like going to any other national university outside of the US, it's not geared towards American students...

Go to SGU unless you can get in to a US school. SGU is pretty well known and the most-respected Carib school. But if you can get into SGU, you can probably get into a high-linkage US SMP program. just sayin'