UNLV Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

D

deleted1070139

Members don't see this ad :)
Not exactly sure when they send out invites, but their website says interviews will take place from September through February.

Looking at 2024 thread (not last year because of covid it was all behind), they sent out interview invites around late July so I’m assuming anytime in the next couple weeks but who knows

Reactions: 1 user
How long after submitting did it take you guys to receive the email to pay the supplemental fee? I submitted my app almost 2 weeks ago but still haven't received anything and my status on AADSAS says "Verified" and "None".

How long after submitting did it take you guys to receive the email to pay the supplemental fee? I submitted my app almost 2 weeks ago but still haven't received anything and my status on AADSAS says "Verified" and "None".
It took me about a month to get a supplemental invite. I submitted on 6/1 and got it on 6/28.

What is your status at the moment? Mine is "received/application complete (since 7/12)." Should I be concerned? Some schools ADEA AADSAS changed to under review.
It's up to the school to change your status on the portal. I can't remember or really check what mine is without my computer.

What is your status at the moment? Mine is "received/application complete (since 7/12)." Should I be concerned? Some schools ADEA AADSAS changed to under review.
Mine also says the same thing. I don't think they update the status very often.

Just letting you guys know, i had to call them for them to see my application and see it was complete and forward it to be reviewed. I would call them if your application is still saying none or incomplete.

Received supplemental application invite on 08/27 (completed on the same day)

Members don't see this ad :)
Received "Application Complete and Under Review" email today

Did anyone else get the "You've been invited to complete an assessment" email today? What does that mean?

I got the Kira Assessment this morning as well, is it a do well you’ll get an interview type thing? Or does everyone get it and I’m excited for no reason

last year, i received a kira assessment and it was considered the interview

I've only received 1 interview out of 14 schools I applied to so I've pretty much lost all hope at this point
I agree that it is still early. A lot of schools have only sent out 1 round of invitations, if at all. It's easier said than done, but try not to get discouraged!

I agree that it is still early. A lot of schools have only sent out 1 round of invitations, if at all. It's easier said than done, but try not to get discouraged!
It's just looking like an exact repeat of last cycle, even though every single thing on my application is new and improved, so I'm gonna remain realistic

It's just looking like an exact repeat of last cycle, so I'm gonna remain realistic
I feel you, I got 3 interviews last cycle but got waitlisted at all of them. ended up raising my DAT from 22 to 24 this cycle so im hopeful but a lot of people dont get interviews until october-november so theres still a lot of time

I feel you, I got 3 interviews last cycle but got waitlisted at all of them. ended up raising my DAT from 22 to 24 this cycle so im hopeful but a lot of people dont get interviews until october-november so theres still a lot of time
you retook a 22? 😳 do you mind if i message you?

this was me. i got waitlisted at 4 schools last year and got into none. i improved from the first time i applied, and i feel like i've improved again this cycle too. just gotta cross fingers

this was me. i got waitlisted at 4 schools last year and got into none. i improved from the first time i applied, and i feel like i've improved again this cycle too. just gotta cross fingers
same here waitlisted at 2 schools last cycle, hurts to reapply but trying to stay hopeful.

If you got the email yes, that is the interview (the only one). I was wondering if the interview doesn't have a written question like the one they did last year. The email doesn't say anything about it, it only talks about the ones you have to answer out loud. Can anyone confirm? I want to take it asap.

If you got the email yes, that is the interview (the only one). I was wondering if the interview doesn't have a written question like the one they did last year. The email doesn't say anything about it, it only talks about the ones you have to answer out loud. Can anyone confirm? I want to take it asap.
it says in the email theyre going to do an in person interview if selected after the kira assessments are done, which is why I'm still kind of skeptical about receiving an interview

did you aadsas status ever change from application complete to under review? I submitted and received an email on more than a month ago that my application was sent to review but my aadsas status is still application complete.

it says in the email theyre going to do an in person interview if selected after the kira assessments are done, which is why I'm still kind of skeptical about receiving an interview
It sounds like the kira assessment is the first half of the interview and the second half involves people coming in to, I assume, learn more about the school. Plus it looks like last year’s interviews were kira as well, so I think you can be excited! 😊

No, after the kira assessment we have the on-campus informational session. I was wondering if they removed the written question this year. Any idea?

I checked my AADSAS and it now says invited to interview after receiving the email.

It sounds like the kira assessment is the first half of the interview and the second half involves people coming in to, I assume, learn more about the school. Plus it looks like last year’s interviews were kira as well, so I think you can be excited! 😊
Oh okay, that’s awesome! Time to finish this Kira interview then 😬😬

Has anyone done the kira interview? I'm wondering what kinds of questions are asked! and if there's any written questions...

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I am a current student at UNLV. The Kira assessment is essentially the first interview. If admissions likes you they will invite you to come to the school for a tour, student interaction, QnA type of thing. It's not really a second interview but for everyone to get to know you and it is mandatory. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 8 users
Interview #8
School: UNLV
Notification date: 9/17/21
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28/21
Application complete date: 7/1/21
GPA (science, overall): 3.44, 3.54
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/23/26/no
Dates available OR your interview date: Kira first, then a later date in person?

Does anyone know when will they start sending out invitations for the campus tour/informational session?

After they sent out acceptances which would be Dec 1st.
Are you sure? Because I am looking at the previous cycle and it looks like UNLV sent invitations for a tour before Dec 15th (decision day).
Any current students that can confirm this?

Are you sure? Because I am looking at the previous cycle and it looks like UNLV sent invitations for a tour before Dec 15th (decision day).
Any current students that can confirm this?
that was for the covid cycle where the application opened june 15th