1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

UNLV interview in march....too late?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by twinklit, Dec 7, 2005.

1. twinklit

twinklit UCSF2010
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Interviewing for UNLV (my #1 choice) in march, is that too late, am I interviewing for alternate seats? Anybody interview at UNLV? How many other interviewees were there? THanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. kittylover

kittylover Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    You should call the school and ask.

20 people per every interview date.

3. UtahDDS

UtahDDS Member
    5+ Year Member

Seems pretty late to me. I think UNLV tries to fill their class pretty early. By March they will have interviewed and accepted a grundle of people. Good luck though!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. lindandy

lindandy I like soup!!!
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    My friend interviewed there this week and I have confirmed this info by phone, but so far they have only mailed out 36 acceptance letter for a few lucky individuals. Don't get worried, you should be fine!

5. JohnUNLV

JohnUNLV No longer brainwashed...
    5+ Year Member

I was at UNLV today and I asked about how many in state students had been accepted and the girl told me 12.. 12 out of a MINIMUM of 40 she told me, I know you're not a resident, but those numbers bode well for me and anyone else yet to interview with UNLV who is in state. I'm not certain about the out of state #'s, but I don't think March is too late, you have pretty good GPA and great DAT, so just nail the interview and you'll be fine =)

6. greenday

greenday Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

A friend of mine interviewed at UNLV late Feb last year(in state), got in after a week. I knew people got in even in the first week from waitlist as well. You should be fine.

7. dominoes

dominoes Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    March is a bit late. I would call UNLV and ask for any slots that may have just opened up, esp. since people are cancelling their interviews because of acceptances elsewhere. G-luck. :luck:

8. utahdent123

utahdent123 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I called UNLV about a week ago and got my interview moved up 3 weeks. It's kind of hit and miss. As for the admissions office caring that I call a lot...well, they don't seem to care. Also I never identify myself until they say yes there is an opening. Good luck!