UNT vs. Texas Tech .. which to choose?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kabtq9s

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I got accepted to both UNT and Texas Tech Abilene pharmacy schools. UNT is only 30 min away while Tech is 2 + hours, but putting that aside, which school should I accept?

Thanks in advance for any of your opinions.

Members don't see this ad.

@kabtq9s what was your GPA and PCAT scores like to be acccepted to those two universities? please let me know. thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
There are different things to consider when deciding between the two.
Personally, between the two I like Texas Tech more because they are already established and well-known to be a good pharmacy school. UNT isn't necessarily bad, but they haven't graduated a class yet so it's hard to say if they'll be a good school or not.
If you go to TTU, then you can always come to the Dallas campus after two years even if you go to Abilene if you want to stay in DFW. I think they're both good, it just depends on which school you like more.
I personally loved TTU in Abilene, they are so friendly and welcoming, I was immediately won over but I'm actually hoping I get into UT Austin because I'd rather live there than Abilene which is my hometown, haha.
I hope that helps!

If nothing else was a factor, I'd pick Tech personally. I know some UNT students who told me they would have picked differently now if they could go back. But it's a small sample size, so it could be only a small fraction of students that feel that way.

There are other factors though. Could you live at home at UNT and you would have to pay rent at Tech? Would you do well away from your support system (do you have one)? Tech has multiple residencies they are connected to, bigger alumni network obviously. I'm not sure about if there's a difference in rotation sites or not. I know Tech has a LOT at the VA. I'd want to stay cheap and near my support system.