You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UNTHSC M.S. in Medical Sciences (Texas)-SMP 2023
Started by cranberrylimeade
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
usermedical88
New Member
Hey! For some reason, I am unable to find any threads either! I just submitted it for the priority deadline... hoping it gets verified soon so the application can change to "under review." Do you happen to know when we will hear anything back?I kept trying to find this thread and was surprised there wasn’t one now that the priority deadline was here so… hey y’all!
I just applied for the summer in-person cohort. Anyone else applying?
they said decisions by March 15Hey! For some reason, I am unable to find any threads either! I just submitted it for the priority deadline... hoping it gets verified soon so the application can change to "under review." Do you happen to know when we will hear anything back?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got accepted, but I heard not-so-great things about this program from other SDN threads, mainly about how it was unorganized. In other terms, is Fort-Worth a great place to move too? I know it is kinda far from Dallas but is the city life nice?
usermedical88
New Member
Congratulations!! If you don't mind me asking, when did you apply? As far as Fort worth, I think the Health Science center area is relatively good. Some areas in Fort Worth can be a little sketch, but walking with groups and not being alone at night should be okay. Compared to Houston, I think FW/DTX in general doesn't have food as good as Houston but their city life isn't too bad!I got accepted, but I heard not-so-great things about this program from other SDN threads, mainly about how it was unorganized. In other terms, is Fort-Worth a great place to move too? I know it is kinda far from Dallas but is the city life nice?
Thanks! I applied in the first week of January and got an email in the beginning of February that an account for me was made on the site. That is good to hear, I might visit to see the area too.Congratulations!! If you don't mind me asking, when did you apply? As far as Fort worth, I think the Health Science center area is relatively good. Some areas in Fort Worth can be a little sketch, but walking with groups and not being alone at night should be okay. Compared to Houston, I think FW/DTX in general doesn't have food as good as Houston but their city life isn't too bad!
usermedical88
New Member
I believe they got accepted to the program. I got a notification that my application is under review on 2/10. So nervous 😭wait, so you got accepted or you got your account to check your status?
ohhh i mixed y’all up bc of the matching color avis! yes, so nervous!I believe they got accepted to the program. I got a notification that my application is under review on 2/10. So nervous 😭
usermedical88
New Member
I went to the virtual info session they had back in January and the committee reviews the application holistically. There isn’t a minimum but if there is an upward trend or an indication that you have improved I think that’s a good sign. They also consider your extracurricular and involvement in different activities such as patient care interactions, research, working a job while in school, etc. Around 700-800 apply and there are 150 Cohort Seats and 150 Online Seats, a 40% acceptance rate.Hey guys!! finished applying before the priority deadline feb 1st! do yall know the acceptance rates/ avg stats needed to get into this master's program?
I'm a current med sci f2f student graduating this semester. I'll be here to answer any questions that you guys may have. Feel free to tag me.
mind if I pm you?I'm a current med sci f2f student graduating this semester. I'll be here to answer any questions that you guys may have. Feel free to tag me.
suremind if I pm you?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
same, 2/13!
you hear anything yet?I believe they got accepted to the program. I got a notification that my application is under review on 2/10. So nervous 😭
JUST GOT AN ACCEPTANCE EMAIL!!!
CONGRATS!!!!JUST GOT AN ACCEPTANCE EMAIL!!!
usermedical88
New Member
I got my acceptance today around 3:00pm as well! We can definitely meet up during the New Student Orientation! Best of luck to everyone, please DM if you have questions about my stats/etc to get into the program 🙂
Last edited:
lordbeerus99
New Member
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I am curious whether someone who has completed the online version could talk about the workload? Is it feasible to complete it while working full-time or part-time? Are the class times set in stone or could they be completed in the evenings?
D
deleted1143496
Hey! Planning on applying for Summer start. Did y’all just use a personal statement yall would use for med school? Or was it a personal statement on why y’all wanted to be in this program? Also, does anyone know if an school committee letter would count as a letter of recommendation?
I did use my same PS! And they sent my med school letter packet as my LORSHey! Planning on applying for Summer start. Did y’all just use a personal statement yall would use for med school? Or was it a personal statement on why y’all wanted to be in this program? Also, does anyone know if a school committee letter would count as a letter of recommendation?
D
deleted1143496
Thanks!I did use my same PS! And they sent my med school letter packet as my LORS
Chad Jordan
New Member
Finished my application 3/16 and switched to “under review” 3/17. Hopefully the quick movement is a good sign 😅
Just to update y’all, the class that we will all take in the summer has 34 spots enrolled which means there’s 126 left ◡̈ They automatically enroll us so I’m thinking that’s a pretty reliable number
How long did it take for them to auto enroll you?Just to update y’all, the class that we will all take in the summer has 34 spots enrolled which means there’s 126 left ◡̈ They automatically enroll us so I’m thinking that’s a pretty reliable number
Hey y’all! Congrats to those accepted and to those still waiting wishing you good luck🙂
I graduated from f2f program S’22. Will be attending med school next year and am available should anyone have any questions about the program or need any advice. Y’all are doing great and keep up the great work on your journey as healthcare professionals!
I graduated from f2f program S’22. Will be attending med school next year and am available should anyone have any questions about the program or need any advice. Y’all are doing great and keep up the great work on your journey as healthcare professionals!
a week or soHow long did it take for them to auto enroll you?
DOhopeful008
Full Member
Went to a workshop today and they confirmed the committee meets every other Tuesday and the next one is April 11.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Chad Jordan
New Member
Thanks for the info! I was hoping this past Tuesday was my lucky day but I guess I’ll have to wait 😅😂
You may still hear from them soon, I didn't hear back until a few days after they met. Good luck!Thanks for the info! I was hoping this past Tuesday was my lucky day but I guess I’ll have to wait 😅😂
DOhopeful008
Full Member
They had an event this past Tuesday that has me wondering if they didn’t meet. I haven’t seen any motion on the fb group or on here with someone getting accepted.Thanks for the info! I was hoping this past Tuesday was my lucky day but I guess I’ll have to wait 😅😂
DOhopeful008
Full Member
I think they extended the deadline again to April 15th. Good luck though!I got everything submitted and properly processed right before the deadline extension. The Portal says my application is under review. Guess my fate will be decided on a Tuesday? Time to cross my fingers.
there’s probably gonna be a big wave of As as they fill the class once the deadline passes ◡̈
DOhopeful008
Full Member
That’s a good point! You’re our inside person you’ll have to give us the inside scoop on spots ☺️there’s probably gonna be a big wave of As as they fill the class once the deadline passes ◡̈
currently at 52 enrolledThat’s a good point! You’re our inside person you’ll have to give us the inside scoop on spots ☺️
Anyone from out of state attending the program? I am still on the fence if I should attend.
they started sending scholarships for summer out today if you applied by the deadline! just got an email with one ◡̈
enrollment total is at 60
enrollment total is at 60
Last edited:
DOhopeful008
Full Member
Committee meeting day good luck everyone!
Fingers crossed!Committee meeting day good luck everyone!
marcusdental
New Member
Awesome! What date did you apply?Got my acceptance email at 4 PM today! Super hyped. Good luck to all others applying. Looking forward to studying with everyone here soon. Feel free to DM for questions on stats/ECs or general apps stuff.
beeee**h45
Full Member
Got put on Hold this morning. No idea what that means but at least it's not a rejection haha.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted on the 28th of March and UNTHSC got it on the 31st. Things moved along pretty quick all things considered.Awesome! What date did you apply?
Chad Jordan
New Member
Congrats on those who got accepted! I unfortunately got a rejection letter this morning. I have other offers from masters programs out of state but wanted to stay in Texas. It’s all good though
DOhopeful008
Full Member
Same here unfortunately. What other programs did you apply to if you don’t mind me asking?Congrats on those who got accepted! I unfortunately got a rejection letter this morning. I have other offers from masters programs out of state but wanted to stay in Texas. It’s all good though
usermedical88
New Member
I only applied to UNTHSC, but I believe Texas Tech has a similar program! Here is a link with all the SMPS in Texas. Best of luck to you!Same here unfortunately. What other programs did you apply to if you don’t mind me asking?
I’ll bet it’s to re-review after the deadline so the next committee meeting!Got put on Hold this morning. No idea what that means but at least it's not a rejection haha.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 1K
- Replies
- 149
- Views
- 32K
- Replies
- 34
- Views
- 13K
- Replies
- 20
- Views
- 10K