UNTHSC/TCOM Discussion thread 2007-2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got TCOM's interview...I am so excited!

I forgot to ask - What date have you been invited to interview for?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone have any idea what % of those interviewed are accepted to tcom?

who's pumped about this thursday!!

So what's the last date for interviews at TCOM? Anyone know for sure?

Thanks,
Cat

So there have been several IS acceptances...

As of late evening on Nov 14th.

Congrats!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Not I...yet. I interviewed Tuesday of this week. I was told it'd take at least two weeks for my completed application to make it to the ad com for a decision. The rural guy did tell me though that I was a very strong applicant and interviewed well and that he wanted to go ahead and set up a shadowing experience with one of their rural rotation sites in anticipation of my acceptance. I'm supposed to hear from him in a week or two...I'm not good at being patient with this sort of thing. I really wanna attend here...

No word yet. :mad:

what are the stats for some of you that have interviewed?

I interviewed on 7/27 with a 27T and 3.44. I was hoping for an early acceptance but that's the way it goes. Now I'm just hoping for any acceptance.

I interviewed on 7/27 with a 27T and 3.44. I was hoping for an early acceptance but that's the way it goes. Now I'm just hoping for any acceptance.

when does early acceptance end at tcom?

Pre-match in Texas is over at the end of the year. I was accepted on 11/14! And I'm holding out hope for PT2MD...maybe I should just refuse to attend unless they invite him too! (You know it's the thought that counts, right PT?) ;)

Pre-match in Texas is over at the end of the year. I was accepted on 11/14! And I'm holding out hope for PT2MD...maybe I should just refuse to attend unless they invite him too! (You know it's the thought that counts, right PT?) ;)

:laugh: You're awesome, but I'll settle for any thoughts or prayers you can send my way. BTW are you going to have to move to Fort Worth or are you thinking of setting up there temporarily?

:laugh: You're awesome, but I'll settle for any thoughts or prayers you can send my way. BTW are you going to have to move to Fort Worth or are you thinking of setting up there temporarily?
The prayers are definitely on their way! We live about 25 minutes south of FW, so I'm hoping we can stay exactly where we are. It would be great to stay in our own house, same schools, same church, same friends, etc. So many people in the community have been supporting me during the application process; we're going to need that continued support base to make it through school. Did you know that our worship leader even announced my acceptance during church? :oops:

One of the admissions people told me that they are sending out the early acceptances in a few batches. She said the earliest you will hear is at least two weeks after your interview. Latest is Dec. 31 technically, but probably really Dec. 21 since most universities close shop from the Friday before Christmas until Jan 2.

The prayers are definitely on their way! We live about 25 minutes south of FW, so I'm hoping we can stay exactly where we are. It would be great to stay in our own house, same schools, same church, same friends, etc. So many people in the community have been supporting me during the application process; we're going to need that continued support base to make it through school. Did you know that our worship leader even announced my acceptance during church? :oops:

Sounds like a great situation for you guys! Not to make your life complicated or put you on the spot, but what if you get accepted to A&M? If I get into TCOM, I'll likely find some apartment to share with 1-2 other med students during the week and "commute" back to H-town regularly. It would be pretty tough at times, because my wife and I are very close (Married ~10 years). If we can keep our house in Houston and sell it after med school, we'll have very little debt going into residency.

Oh well. At this point I'll settle for having the opportunity to make a tough decision...tick tock. :rolleyes:

All I want for Christmas is an In-ter-view, an in-ter-view, an in-ter-view. From TCOM, that is! :D

Congratulations Jace's mom!!! :)

Sounds like a great situation for you guys! Not to make your life complicated or put you on the spot, but what if you get accepted to A&M?
If I get accepted to A&M and decide to go there, the whole family would move. Not our favorite option, but it's a possibility. My husband's field of work will play a major role in the final decision (if, in fact, there is a decision to be made).

Sounds like a great situation for you guys! Not to make your life complicated or put you on the spot, but what if you get accepted to A&M? If I get into TCOM, I'll likely find some apartment to share with 1-2 other med students during the week and "commute" back to H-town regularly. It would be pretty tough at times, because my wife and I are very close (Married ~10 years). If we can keep our house in Houston and sell it after med school, we'll have very little debt going into residency.

Oh well. At this point I'll settle for having the opportunity to make a tough decision...tick tock. :rolleyes:

man a regular ft worth to houston commute can't be fun...that's a lot of time spent driving. but 1) I hope you get into your school of choice whether it be at TCOM or aggieland, or whatever school that has yet to interview you :thumbup: 2) hope everything works out...

Hope you people get in, TCOM rocks :D I think its the best DO school ever. If anyone has any questions I can help :hardy:

Any current or recent TCOM students look at this this thread? I am trying to find a pediatrician in the Dallas area to do a general peds rotation with in April 2008. I go to NSU-COM but I'm clustering my last few rotations in Dallas to be near my boyfriend. Any contacts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You might be able to get one here in Fort Worth at the school. Contact Dr. Michael Budd's office. Also, there is a Dr. Neil Levy in the DFW area who is a DO.

You guys that already have acceptances, did they call or did you have to wait for a letter?

Then I'm ready for my dang phone call...it's been two weeks....:smuggrin:

"Your application is currently under review. Once a final decision is made on your application, we will notify you."

:sleep::sleep:

"Your application is currently under review. Once a final decision is made on your application, we will notify you."

:sleep::sleep:

When did you get this answer from them?

You can check your status online. It's been a while since I set up my ID and password, but I think it's pretty easy. I check it daily as if it would make any difference.

http://my.hsc.unt.edu/

:hello:
Hey everyone! I got accepted at TCOM on 11/14. I'm pretty excited. However, along with Jace's Mom I will be refusing until they accept PT2MD.

:luck: to all

:hello:
Hey everyone! I got accepted at TCOM on 11/14. I'm pretty excited. However, along with Jace's Mom I will be refusing until they accept PT2MD.

:luck: to all

:thumbup: Thanks chief. Hopefully we'll all be there. Some of us will just have a few more ulcers. :D

I just interviewed at TCOM yesterday and I must admit, it was love at first sight! I really really want to go there. Now I just have to wait for a long long time...I hate being OOS!

I just interviewed at TCOM yesterday and I must admit, it was love at first sight! I really really want to go there. Now I just have to wait for a long long time...I hate being OOS!

how'd your interviews go?

I'm sure you will too! where in Idaho are you? my roomate is from gooding, ID. ever heard of it?

Hey, I'm from Gooding Idaho!!! Too bad you probably can't disclose who your roommate is on this thing...I graduated in '03. Am a hopeful at TCOM as well. I've noticed all the posts you all have been making about getting accepted there. I interviewed a few weeks ago with a 3.52 GPA and 33 MCAT so am hopeful to get in but giving myself an ulcer worrying...How do they finally let you know? by phone or mail?

how'd your interviews go?

Great, make sure to check interview feedback section...it helped immensely.

Btw the TCOM adcoms actually do follow this thread. They said so yesterday.

Great, make sure to check interview feedback section...it helped immensely.

Btw the TCOM adcoms actually do follow this thread. They said so yesterday.

If that's the case...Dear Members of the TCOM Admissions Committee, Us Texas Residents (PT2MD, DocRawk, and I) absolutely love TCOM!!! :love: Pre-match offers would be greatly appreciated! :hardy:

anyone going to the fall preview day on the 15th?

If that's the case...Dear Members of the TCOM Admissions Committee, Us Texas Residents (PT2MD, DocRawk, and I) absolutely love TCOM!!! :love: Pre-match offers would be greatly appreciated! :hardy:

Well said...I'm right with ya! :thumbup:

I will be, unfortunately, unable to make it since I work on weekends and it will cost me an arm and a leg to get down there. However, I do tentatively plan to attend the spring fling in the spring.

Here's a stupid question from someone who hasn't even been accepted. Is that December or January 15th? If I'm not accepted by then, I may go and be like the guy who stares in restaurant windows. :oops:

Oh yeah...here's to having no acceptances OR pride.