UOP 2010 application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I never thought this day would come but I got rejected from UOP. Recieved a thin letter today at 2:12pm and after reading it, got a little emotional afterward. Best wish to all of you! :)

Members don't see this ad.

oh no here they come....:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I never thought this day would come but I got rejected from UOP. Recieved a thin letter today at 2:12pm and after reading it, got a little emotional afterward. Best wish to all of you! :)
did you apply to other schools?

did you apply to other schools?

Applied to Touro - HW list. CNCP decline. No news from Western, USC, LLU.... sigh...

im sorry to hear that..im anxiously waiting as well..when is ur letter dated? i checked my mail everyday...so nervous.

and John..ur high waitlisted for Touro at least...just try to stay positive...some people i know don't even hear anything from any school.

im sorry to hear that..im anxiously waiting as well..when is ur letter dated? i checked my mail everyday...so nervous.

and John..ur high waitlisted for Touro at least...just try to stay positive...some people i know don't even hear anything from any school.
ty TolueneRX. I hope I get accepted to Touro. I will try to keep things positive until april. best of luck

date on letter: 02/23/09

Last edited:

You literally received a "dear john" letter.

rejections from schools are like relationship breakups huh? you get deeply emotional and on the verge of tears sometimes.

its happened to the best of us. Let's keep positive and hopefullly better things will come.

You literally received a "dear john" letter.

rejections from schools are like relationship breakups huh? you get deeply emotional and on the verge of tears sometimes.

its happened to the best of us. Let's keep positive and hopefullly better things will come.
yup. I did recieved the dear letter and it really hurts that moment because I really want to attend UOP.

Hey guys, can you please share with us the time frame in which you interviewed and received your acceptances? Does it take 2 weeks or less/more? They say 2 weeks, but I was wondering if people heard from them within 2 weeks. Thanks

Hey guys, can you please share with us the time frame in which you interviewed and received your acceptances? Does it take 2 weeks or less/more? They say 2 weeks, but I was wondering if people heard from them within 2 weeks. Thanks

I interviewed Jan. 15 and heard back Jan. 29 via email. So in my case, it took exactly two weeks.

UOP is such a great school and I had a very hard time deciding between UOP or USC. But after much thought, I'm giving up my position for UOP, that means one more open spot! For those on hold/waitlisted/rejected, don't lose hope and never give up!

I interviewed Jan. 15 and heard back Jan. 29 via email. So in my case, it took exactly two weeks.

UOP is such a great school and I had a very hard time deciding between UOP or USC. But after much thought, I'm giving up my position for UOP, that means one more open spot! For those on hold/waitlisted/rejected, don't lose hope and never give up!

Thanks for the info.

Members don't see this ad :)

Hey John, I'm sorry to hear that buddy, hopefully you'll get into Touro.

Did you interview for UOP? Or was the rejection letter sent without an interview invite?

hey guys..how was ur interview on 2/26? did Veronica mention when the last interview will be? do i still have a chance?

how many students were there at ur interview on 2/6 and other times?

So it's March tomorrow. Does anyone have interview invites past March 15? Or are interviews over?

According to the UOP website, final decisions will be sent March 15-31. Does that mean it's possible that "Hold" people may get acceptances before that? Or do they start pulling off starting April?

So it's March tomorrow. Does anyone have interview invites past March 15? Or are interviews over?

According to the UOP website, final decisions will be sent March 15-31. Does that mean it's possible that "Hold" people may get acceptances before that? Or do they start pulling off starting April?

From their web site

When will I know if I will get an interview?
We will begin sending interview invitations in late-summer and will continue interviews through late March.

I already received by rejection letter Saturday! Oh, I guess UOP doesn't want me. It's okay! Good luck everyone!

talk about being on edge, i haven't received an invite, yet neither have i received a rejection letter.

does anyone know if all the rejection letters go out at once? or will i get a nasty surprise on monday? and i'm in socal if that makes a difference as far as when the letter will reach me.

hello justjack..i just asked someone the same question...i am so nervous too. im the same situation as u..

hello justjack..i just asked someone the same question...i am so nervous too. im the same situation as u..

hi toluene! this wait sure is taking a toll on all of us. it seems like this is typical for CA schools? is UOP your #1?

Hmm, has anyone who interviewed -- been placed on hold -- heard anything back? It makes me nervous because they already started sending out rejections so I wonder what the chances are of being accepted after being placed on hold.

not sure if its typical of CA schools ..yeah..UOP is my #1.

I wish I could find out if I'm accepted/wait-listed/rejected. I'm going around in circles trying to prepare for all outcomes.

1. get accepted to UOP, would be so much more easier. lol..since I have everything set up with FAFSA.

2. get wait-listed, cannot pull my declaration of candidacy for my bachelor's just in case I get accepted. Re-apply in the graduate division of my current university because I was informed that taking/retaking courses at a University will strengthen my pharm. application instead of going back to a community college. So I get only loans for financial aide instead of grants. Also I would have to take the GRE....lame. If i get accepted later in the summer then that would be great (although I would lose a little money...whatevs)!

3. get rejected (meaning I find out by the end of march or april) I can pull my declaration of candidacy for my bachelor's and fill it out to be completed next spring. This would allow me to get grants so I can take courses at my university without paying out of pocket.

:confused::scared::eyebrow:+pissed+:smack::bang::shrug: <----all these emotions about sum up how I feel everyday. lol

Last edited:
I interviewed on 2/26 and there was no announcement about whether or not they will be conducting more interviews. They did say that "there are still spots left" so keep your head up! For those that also attended on 2/26, what did you think of the day? For those that have received rejection letters, did you get it via email or snail mail?

I interviewed on 2/26 and there was no announcement about whether or not they will be conducting more interviews. They did say that "there are still spots left" so keep your head up! For those that also attended on 2/26, what did you think of the day? For those that have received rejection letters, did you get it via email or snail mail?

bump

Last edited:
I received a rejection letter (snail-mail) from UOP on 2/26...In December, I was placed on hold before interview...in other words...I didn't get an interview invite...:(...goodluck to all of you who are on hold or waiting for interview calls.

I received a rejection letter (snail-mail) from UOP on 2/26...In December, I was placed on hold before interview...in other words...I didn't get an interview invite...:(...goodluck to all of you who are on hold or waiting for interview calls.

Thanks babeedimples, from the looks of it, it seems that rejection letters are going out for people who were on HOLD and have not interviewed yet...

Best luck to you and I hope you get into other schools :thumbup:

Last interviews are in march. I've asked Lupe.

Lupe also informed me that March 12th is the last interview. So the guys that got placed on hold after their interview....we will be hearing from them soon.....hopefully... :rolleyes:....unless wait-listed (which sucks because its more waiting)

I interviewed on 10/23 and was placed on hold since then. May I know did anyone hear from UOP after they were on hold? :)

I interviewed on 10/23 and was placed on hold since then. May I know did anyone hear from UOP after they were on hold? :)

yes. look at the post below (posted a few days ago)

Hey UCM! I found out I was placed on hold two weeks ago from my 1/22 interview. Today, I found out I got accepted. So there is definitely a chance of acceptance after being placed on hold.

Best of luck! :)

I'm a current student at UOP and I can confirm that the last interview date is March 12th. Best of luck to all of you applying this year! And to those of you on hold, don't give up hope yet. I know people that were on that list until at least May and still got in, so there's still a chance!

I'm a current student at UOP and I can confirm that the last interview date is March 12th. Best of luck to all of you applying this year! And to those of you on hold, don't give up hope yet. I know people that were on that list until at least May and still got in, so there's still a chance!

so if you're hold before the interview does that mean that you're essentially rejected?

if so when do letters come out?

so if you're hold before the interview does that mean that you're essentially rejected?

if so when do letters come out?

by the looks, from previous post, they are coming out now but the people who are receiving the letters varies at different dates.

i got into UOP!! i'm in shock...

You interviewed Friday, got in Tuesday! That's amazing! You must have some fantastic stats, please share them!

You must be so relieved now, congrats!

Last edited:
....oops...

Last edited:
wow..congrats...i would celebrate if i were u.

well that's confusing that 3/12 is the last interview.but the website mentions interviews through end of march..why would there be conflicting information? Please confirm..were you told during ur interviews that it will be through end of March?

anyone else from the 2/26 interview hear anything yet?

I interviewed on 2/26/10 and just got an email today for an acceptance! :)