UOP Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed on 2/29 and just got my "Welcome to Pacific" envelope in the mail! :laugh:

Congratulations....:banana::zip::zip::thumbup::luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, it took them 10 days to accept you? Pretty fast :) Congrats

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, it took them 10 days to accept you? Pretty fast :) Congrats

does anyone know if they will be pulling people off the hold list in march or mid april?

does anyone know if they will be pulling people off the hold list in march or mid april?

Yeah I think they will be ...the question is how many? I am estimating that 50-70% of the slots are filled....but its just a guess.....good luck

I think he meant which month, March or April :p

I'm also curious if anyone has heard of a specific time frame. I think the "hold" letter that a lot of us received says that they will begin re-reviewing our application in mid or late March. I'm guessing we'll probably receive a decision in late March or early April.

I'm turning down my offer so that'll be one more spot for those on the waitlist :)

I contacted UOP regarding the finacial aid rewards. They said they will be sending the financial aid rewards by the end of there spring semester.

I want to hear from those who interviewed last Friday. Who were your faculty and student interviewers? How did it go?

So... I understand that UOP has had its last interview regarding their transfer students... that was on March 14th if I'm correct... Anyone know when they will start sending out their acceptances? I hope it's soon!!

So... I understand that UOP has had its last interview regarding their transfer students... that was on March 14th if I'm correct... Anyone know when they will start sending out their acceptances? I hope it's soon!!

march 14 was the last interview date for transfers...theres another interview date march 29th for uop undergrads...

im guessing that we should hear by mid april.

goodluck!

Members don't see this ad :)

When I interviewed on the 14th, they said that we should hear back in about 3 weeks.

Hey Guys

Has anyone heard anything back from Brookside?
Im scurred! I REALLY WANT TO live there!

Hey Guys

Has anyone heard anything back from Brookside?
Im scurred! I REALLY WANT TO live there!

Brookside is the best place to live for single people since it's right next to the pharmacy building. You should be able to get it easily because the majority of people applying to live there turn in their request to housing in March or April. Since you got in earlier, hopefully you sent in your housing request form to the housing department at the same time as your deposit. I got accepted in November and the first thing I did was send in my housing request. I called housing for my status and they just told me to call back after the semester ends.

Brookside 213 D for me! :) Visit any time.
Aznkukuboi,
You have heard from UOP already since the interview? :confused: if yes, did you receive an e-mail before the actual mail? Thanks!

April can't get here soon enough, I have no fingernails left to bite, waiting for that re-review. P-)

Aznkukuboi,
You have heard from UOP already since the interview? :confused: if yes, did you receive an e-mail before the actual mail? Thanks!

Actually I don't find out if I made it until late April or early May. But since I'm undergrad, my housing has already been filed.

Anyone looking for housing off campus? I would like to get an apartment, but I don't know the area very well...any places I should avoid?

I have spoken to several people here in these thread about possibly renting couple of my rooms out. I live about 9 minutes away from UOP (4.66 miles) I live alone in a 3 bedroom 2 bath home ....I have told a couple of people that I might want some roommates during the next several years...i am not sure how much rent you will need to pay but I can assure you it will be affordable...I will post more info after my spring finals in a couple of weeks...

all the applicants on hold should hear something by the first week of April. Wish all of you the best of luck! :)

Does UOP give EVERY interviewee who weren't immediately offered admission the "you are not rejected, waitlisted or accepted" letter? Or...has anyone been rejected after an interview? The wait is driving me crazy!

Does UOP give EVERY interviewee who weren't immediately offered admission the "you are not rejected, waitlisted or accepted" letter? Or...has anyone been rejected after an interview? The wait is driving me crazy!

I know some ppl that have been rejected after the interview...

rxlite, how do u know that ppl on hold will know something by the first week of april?

I just received a letter today from UOP saying my app was going to continue to be waitlisted and that I'm somewhere in the middle of the waitlist. They also said they don't give out exact position numbers. Does anyone have any idea how many are placed on the waitlist, maybe last years stats on how many got pulled off from the waitlist?

(also I live in Sacramento which is like 30min from UOP, so everyone should be getting letters soon updating them)

I know some ppl that have been rejected after the interview...

rxlite, how do u know that ppl on hold will know something by the first week of april?

I had an interview on Mar 14th. I also find out today that I'm also placed in the middle portion of the wait list, and admission will be offered when cancellations occur.:(

I'm curious how many people can get offer after being placed in the wait list, especially in the middle portion of the waitlist. I think I shouldn't give too much hope. Although there may be some cancellation, the ones on the first portion of the wait list will get the offer first.:oops: (Don't feel good...)

Hi Guys

I interviewed in Oct. been waiting since and finally got a letter for waitlist towards the top portion. But they said it does not indicate my chances for admission. So I will be waiting til Aug 21. Its only March.....:(

I received the same letter today. A good friend of mine also received the same letter today, but he decided that he's going to UCSD instead.

I'm not loosing hope though! My pharmacy manager got into UOP after being placed on the waitlist and a friend of mine got into another school last year after being placed on the waitlist.

Good luck to everyone!

so the people in the central valley and bay area started receiving the dreaded waitlist letters...i guess us in southern california will receive the waitlist letters later today (saturday) :eek::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm at the top of the waitlist too. Good luck peoples!

I really like UOP's kind gesture of providing us an addressed envelope to turn in our waitlist forms. It shows they care!

Just FYI, I got waitlisted around the same time last year, and they told me I was towards the top third of the waitlist. The school year ended, summer ended, the new school year started. Got a letter a week or two into the new school year saying that I got rejected.

New year, new admissions cycle, and I'm expecting to get the same letter again today.:mad: Has anyone gotten accepted after getting the "can't offer you admission but will review app again at end of cycle..." letter?

lol, when you turn in your waitlist form, just imagine you are accepting your rejection - chances are you aren't getting in.

lol, when you turn in your waitlist form, just imagine you are accepting your rejection - chances are you aren't getting in.
I didn't want to give that impression, lol. I know of some people that got in from the wait list. Remain hopeful, but don't bank on being towards the top indicating your chances for admission.

so no one got accepted the past 2 days? only waitlist letters?

so no one got accepted the past 2 days? only waitlist letters?

Hey, I spoke with someone at UOP and they said they will be mailing invites through april...I hope that helps some of you guys...good luck..

Hey, I spoke with someone at UOP and they said they will be mailing invites throught april...I hope that helps some of you guys...good luck..

by invites, you mean acceptance letters?

oh i don't feel like checking the mail today.:oops:

oh i don't feel like checking the mail today.:oops:

NO KIDDING! no acceptances being mailed out..just waitlist letters...thsi is probably the only time that i dont want to hear from pharmacy schools!

for those who got waitlist, does it say in the letter how many people are or will be on the waitlist?

I'm placed toward the top portion of the list...at least I'm not rejected! :D

More waiting....

BTW, I'm from Socal...

My friend had an excellent interview and things to go so well. They told him how much they liked him and how he was an excellent candidate for pharmacy. Everything seemed so positive and he got a letter of rejection in the mail. Not even a letter stating that he was on the waiting list. It said in the letter not to inquire about why he was rejected. Now I am wonder what that was all about.

the interviewers do not have the final say when it comes to admission to hte program. the adcoms look at what the interviewers have to say abotu the applicant + the application. but its still odd about the rejection....did he get the letter today? where is he from? i thought the rejection letters ask you to call in summer to talk about how to improve the application for hte next cycle???

My friend had an excellent interview and things to go so well. They told him how much they liked him and how he was an excellent candidate for pharmacy. Everything seemed so positive and he got a letter of rejection in the mail. Not even a letter stating that he was on the waiting list. It said in the letter not to inquire about why he was rejected. Now I am wonder what that was all about.

the interviewers do not have the final say when it comes to admission to hte program. the adcoms look at what the interviewers have to say abotu the applicant + the application. but its still odd about the rejection....did he get the letter today? where is he from? i thought the rejection letters ask you to call in summer to talk about how to improve the application for hte next cycle???

Yeh they did tell him to go in the summer and talk about how to improve the application. I found that odd because he was accepted for an interview and things went REALLY well. Everyone else was put on a waiting list of some sort. He just got the letter yesterday in the mail.

Yeh they did tell him to go in the summer and talk about how to improve the application. I found that odd because he was accepted for an interview and things went REALLY well. Everyone else was put on a waiting list of some sort. He just got the letter yesterday in the mail.

this is just speculation but i'm assuming they found some inaccuracies in his application after the interview when they verified it. I don't see any other reason.

Did anyone received the package from UOP that consisted with the second confirmation of acceptance and the medical forms. I was curious about the $550 deposit. I sent them a deposit but reading through this package it seems like I need to send them another $550. I am reading this correctly. ...If some one can respond back through a PM I would appreciate it...thanks.

I would contact them Yazzman and verify that. I don't think that they would want an additional 550. So just shoot them a call or even drop by for a visit :p