UOP Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Now that makes me really sad. Oh well, I gave it my best shot!

Me too :(.
Still holding out a little hope :scared:...

Members don't see this ad.

hi. i'm tier 3. sent my apps in on 10/9. i guess i should just forget about it, huh? how depressing, and what a waste of money...

hi. i'm tier 3. sent my apps in on 10/9. i guess i should just forget about it, huh? how depressing, and what a waste of money...

i wouldnt completely forget about it. i just wouldnt be waiting by the mailbox anytime soon. i think theyre just getting to the tier 2 applications...

goodluck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record... But I wanted to check again to see if anyone wanted to carpool to the Novemeber 2nd interview. I was looking into car rentals, and the cheapest I've been able to find for an under-25 rental was about 106 bucks (that includes all fees and taxes, and is from that Thursday night to Saturday morning). Yeesh. So even just finding one person to share it with would be big.

And of course, if someone has their own car and is coming from the East Bay, I would gladly pay for gas to get a seat in that car. Anything's better than $106!

Please let me know if anyone is interested.

And yeah, if people have other suggestions on how to get from the East Bay to Stockton... or know of cheaper rental places... let me know.

Good luck in all your interviews.

Ok, I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record... But I wanted to check again to see if anyone wanted to carpool to the Novemeber 2nd interview. I was looking into car rentals, and the cheapest I've been able to find for an under-25 rental was about 106 bucks (that includes all fees and taxes, and is from that Thursday night to Saturday morning). Yeesh. So even just finding one person to share it with would be big.

And of course, if someone has their own car and is coming from the East Bay, I would gladly pay for gas to get a seat in that car. Anything's better than $106!

Please let me know if anyone is interested.

And yeah, if people have other suggestions on how to get from the East Bay to Stockton... or know of cheaper rental places... let me know.

Good luck in all your interviews.

From the East Bay, so you want a ride from Oakland airport?

YESS!!! i got an interview!! ahh im so excited!!
so far, got an interview to touro, pacific U and UOP.
Jan 11th was the only date open!.
I wish I had an earlier date~
P.S. Tier 1
PCHK 9/27

From the East Bay, so you want a ride from Oakland airport?
I'm actually flying into Oakland the night before the interview, then spending the night at a relative's place in San Ramon. Where would you be driving from? Maybe I could meet you there.

I'm actually flying into Oakland the night before the interview, then spending the night at a relative's place in San Ramon. Where would you be driving from? Maybe I could meet you there.

I'm coming in from Los Angeles as of now but I'm thinking of booking a flight into OAK or SMF and renting a car. I checked the shuttle to Stockton and it was $250 or so. :eek: and you have to find your way back.

Hey Guys
I go to davis and stockton is pretty close by. About 1h30min or so. Anywyas, i would suggest that you fly in from SMF because it will be alot more convenient. Stockton is about 45 min from the airport. U cud easily rent a car at the airport and if u wanted, u cud prolly get a cheap hotel in sac. I don't know how expensive the hotels are around Stockton but I know that Davis has expensive hotels because like Stockton, it is university town.

Just some thoughts.....

i just got an interview invite! The letter was dated 10/18/07.

Tier 1
PCHK: 09/26

still having trouble checking my status... page just blinks and clears (nothing happens).

Members don't see this ad :)
How many weeks after interview does UOP give decisions? ANyone know. Highly appreciate it.

The earliest I've heard of people getting an early decision is around late December or early January. (For people who interviewed in October and November.)

From what I understand, they mail out acceptance letters to their strongest candidates in early January and the rest of their final decisions are made between March 1st and the middle of April.

Congrats on getting an interview BTW. :thumbup:

The earliest I've heard of people getting an early decision is around late December or early January. (For people who interviewed in October and November.)

From what I understand, they mail out acceptance letters to their strongest candidates in early January and the rest of their final decisions are made between March 1st and the middle of April.

Congrats on getting an interview BTW. :thumbup:

DAMN.... Thats sooooo late.

thanks for the reply klemmentine

does anyone know what the "pint" line is all about?? is that filled out before you are offered an interview?? i have a pchk date of 9/6 and have received a deferred letter and my pint is empty...just wondering what pint is

does anyone know what the "pint" line is all about?? is that filled out before you are offered an interview?? i have a pchk date of 9/6 and have received a deferred letter and my pint is empty...just wondering what pint is

I got an interview and my PINT line is blank too.

I guess PINT: Personal identification Number. I think USC has the same thing

have tier two applicants recieved a PCHK date? or an interview invite?

I'm coming in from Los Angeles as of now but I'm thinking of booking a flight into OAK or SMF and renting a car. I checked the shuttle to Stockton and it was $250 or so. :eek: and you have to find your way back.
Cool, maybe it will work out so we can carpool. Let me know what your final travel plans are, maybe we could share rental costs or something.

tier 2--nothing so far :(

I just scheduled my interview for 01/11...so excited! How many students are interviewed at each session?

YESS!!! i got an interview!! ahh im so excited!!
so far, got an interview to touro, pacific U and UOP.
Jan 11th was the only date open!.
I wish I had an earlier date~
P.S. Tier 1
PCHK 9/27

What are your stats? I will be applying to all 3 schools.

between 35-40, i think

on PharmCAS, it says that they interview about 250 students every year...

So far, there are 4 interview dates: 10/26, 11/02, 11/16 and 01/11, which means that they interview about 140 to 160 tier 1 applicants. It really pays off to apply early.

on PharmCAS, it says that they interview about 250 students every year...

So far, there are 4 interview dates: 10/26, 11/02, 11/16 and 01/11, which means that they interview about 140 to 160 tier 1 applicants. It really pays off to apply early.

for sure,

im not even sure if applying after tier 1 is much of an advantage (tier 2 vs tier 3). after the janurary 11 date, there are 5 more dates scheduled for non uop undergraduates. last 3 are reserved for uop prepharm students.

ia pplied towards hte end of tier 2, havnet recieved a pchk date. im guessing tha ti should have a date by hte end of this month.
but youre right, huuuuge advantage for tier 1.

my last post might be alittle confusing (aside from the grammatical spelling errors that i dotn bother to correct)...there are 8 remaining interview dates after jan 11... the last 3 are reserved for uop prepharm students.
goodluck everyone

Fellow SDN members!! I got an interview to UOP today in the mail. I am a tier 1 applicant.. PCHK 9/24.

I go to UC San Diego, have a 3.33, biochem/cell bio major, 1 year of pharmacy clerk exp.

THERE IS STILL HOPE, JUST BE PATIENT!!! I was on here every day checking and checking, and I almost lost hope. Don't lose hope, just keep waiting!!!

Fellow SDN members!! I got an interview to UOP today in the mail. I am a tier 1 applicant.. PCHK 9/24.

I go to UC San Diego, have a 3.33, biochem/cell bio major, 1 year of pharmacy clerk exp.

THERE IS STILL HOPE, JUST BE PATIENT!!! I was on here every day checking and checking, and I almost lost hope. Don't lose hope, just keep waiting!!!

thanks, i'm tier 3, so i'll be waiting anxiously until january probably. congrats to you...i just don't know how i'm gonna make it through this waiting period...

all of you tier 1 applicants deserve interviews for being early and waiting so patiently, that is just gonna kill me. plus, being tier 3 lowers my chances a lot. so, i'm hopeful, but expecting the worst.

Does anyone know what "your application is on hold" means?

Does anyone know what "your application is on hold" means?

mmm,maybe theyre waiting for documents?

or,

its already been reviewed, and decided that they;ll review it again later during the year?

not sure. are you tier 1?

I think all my documents are complete. I submitted and mailed everything by end of july, so I think I made it to tier 1. Hmm...they probably want to review students with better stats before giving me a chance. At least they didn't give me a rejection already

Hmm...they probably want to review students with better stats before giving me a chance.
That's the exact explanation that the UOP coordinator of admissions gave at their open house.

They consider you a competitive candidate, but they also want to compare you to their Tier 2 and Tier 3 applicants. You still have a great chance!

Whats up everyone!! Just registered for this site. Pretty Cool. Wish I would have known earlier. Anyways. Got my interview to UOP about 3 weeks ago. I am going this Friday October 26th. Nervous as all hell.

Whats up everyone!! Just registered for this site. Pretty Cool. Wish I would have known earlier. Anyways. Got my interview to UOP about 3 weeks ago. I am going this Friday October 26th. Nervous as all hell.
good luck on your interview! Hope you do well. =)

i have interview also on that day (oct 26). Are you coming from out of town. I am just curious how many people live in Stockton applied for the pharmacy school. Hopefully, I can be a home town favorite :D

I too, just signed up for this site. I recently got my interview and it is scheduled for Jan. 11th. My file complete date is 7/9 and my pchk date is 9/21.

i have interview also on that day (oct 26). Are you coming from out of town. I am just curious how many people live in Stockton applied for the pharmacy school. Hopefully, I can be a home town favorite :D
Yea, I'm coming from Fresno. Not too far away though. Good luck!!

Good Luck To Everyone Who Are Having Interviews On 10/26....i Will Be There :)

Ok I got an email from UOP saying that I needed to have a full year of pharmacy experience prior to matriculation...to those of you who got an interview, can you vouch for this?

For those who got an interview invitation and have scheduled your interview, how long did you wait before receiving a confirmation letter from UOP? I scheduled mine last Monday, but I have still not received that letter. I remember the lady who I talked to saying that they would send the letter out within a week.....

I just happened to look at the tuition on this school. It's 43,000 per year. This had been one of my top picks, but man I dunno, that's just outrageously expensive.

I just happened to look at the tuition on this school. It's 43,000 per year. This had been one of my top picks, but man I dunno, that's just outrageously expensive.

I have an idea, don't apply to UOP and go to a pharmacy school in Mexico, much cheaper with the exchange rate. Adios.:D

I believe that UOP is about 14k a semester which equals to 43k for one year. However, the entire program is 8 semesters which amounts to 112k. USC & Western are 35k+ a year for 4 years. If I'm not mistaken UOP is cheaper.

so how did the interviews go today for those who interviewed?

The interview went great. It was a very relaxing, low stress environment. The interviewers I recieved were nice and outgoing. I only prepared from this site and it seemed to be sufficient. Advice: Don't overprepare! Your better off stuttering and fumbling your words than sounding like you're reciting from something that was pre-prepared. Overall, they want you to be yourself. If you're fake, they'll know. Good luck to the rest of you on your interviews.
~Oh, the writing sample is exactly what you would expect but a fairly easy topic. Take 10min to get your bearings and think about your topic. You'll have enough time.

I thought the interview went great. Just relax and I believe they are going to have a really hard time deciding who are the people they are going to let in. There were 37 people applying and they said a total of 350 people will be interviewed. 150 of their own pharm d students and 200 transfer student are interviewed. Only 100 slots for transfer students are available. I was slightly stressed out but I believe the stress was what got me through. It really made me focus. One thing I know it is going to be competitive to get in because everyone I spoke to was a really good applicant. Hey! if you get your acceptance letters post them up here. It would be nice to see some of us get in ...

Hey guys. I scheduled an interview about a week ago for January. I was promised to have confirmation sent to me, it's been a week and some and still didn't get one. ANyone have same problem.