UOP March 11th Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilostmyspacebar

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anybody heard anything for those of you who interviewed on the 11th??

Members don't see this ad.

ilostmyspacebar said:
has anybody heard anything for those of you who interviewed on the 11th??

Still no luck hearing from them huh? :oops: I'll be calling them Friday for sure to ask about the people from the 3/3 interview. Good luck :luck:

I called UOP today. They said that letters will be sent out in a couple of weeks... like they've been saying for the past few weeks. :oops: I guess we'll give them until May? haha... I'm getting pretty tired of waiting. Anyway, let me know when you finally hear from them. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
imprecious said:
I called UOP today. They said that letters will be sent out in a couple of weeks... like they've been saying for the past few weeks. :oops: I guess we'll give them until May? haha... I'm getting pretty tired of waiting. Anyway, let me know when you finally hear from them. :)

I'm just wondering how many "transfers" got accepted into the UOP program. By "transfer"- I mean any applicant who was not already a pre-pharmacy student at UOP? A friend of mine that is active within the SOP told me that they only accepted 16 transfers from an applicant pool of 2,000 or so- which means that they reserved a good majority of their spaces for their own students. For those of you applying next year- you should really reconsider applying to UOP given these statistics.

meLtdown4meL said:
I'm just wondering how many "transfers" got accepted into the UOP program. By "transfer"- I mean any applicant who was not already a pre-pharmacy student at UOP? A friend of mine that is active within the SOP told me that they only accepted 16 transfers from an applicant pool of 2,000 or so- which means that they reserved a good majority of their spaces for their own students. For those of you applying next year- you should really reconsider applying to UOP given these statistics.

I think that this information is incorrect.

meLtdown4meL said:

Statistically, they accept 200 hundred students. 100 of those spaces are reserved for pre-pharm students from UOP and the other 100 spaces are for other students applying from other schools.

imprecious said:
Statistically, they accept 200 hundred students. 100 of those spaces are reserved for pre-pharm students from UOP and the other 100 spaces are for other students applying from other schools.

Well- I guess there's no way to really find out if these statistics are or aren't correct. I'm just telling you what my friend told me. He's pretty active with the whole admissions process- which is why I'm posting that information here. As far as the 100 pre-pharm/100 transfer ratio. Schools are required to give their own students priority over transfers. I think my friend mentioned that this year, the number of pre-pharmers from UOP that applied were significantly higher than other years. It would only make sense that UOP adjusted their enrollment to accomodate the influx of pre-pharmers. In fact, some pharmacy schools only accept their pre-pharmacy students.

So again, there's no way to validate my claim. I'm just repeating what I've been told.