UoP School of Dentistry Class of 2025* Interview/Acceptance Thread

To anyone else who is interviewing Jan 31st, have you gotten the follow up email with more specific interview information yet? I haven’t received that email yet and I emailed Emma Hopson and called the school and not getting responses.

Members don't see this ad.

To anyone else who is interviewing Jan 31st, have you gotten the follow up email with more specific interview information yet? I haven’t received that email yet and I emailed Emma Hopson and called the school and not getting responses.
I take it back, just got the email today. Emma was out sick this week.

They are still interviewing currently, so I wouldn’t say there’s no chance. I think there were two more interview dates? But I’m not exactly sure honestly.
they usually interview until april but not sure about this cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know if they will be sending more interview invites?

invited to interview virtually, 2/21, hopefully there are still a good amount of spots left!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi and congratulations! How long does UOP usually give to put down a deposit for admission?
I received about a month, but I wouldn’t be surprised if that window started narrowing down as time goes on. I’m not 100% sure though, but yeah about a month!

Did anyone recently get an interview invite? Does an interview with uop mean you have a high chance of getting accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone recently get an interview invite? Does an interview with uop mean you have a high chance of getting accepted?
UOP is known for interviewing to accept. There’s no way of knowing the exact percentage as it fluctuates from year to year, but they typically interview a small amount of people. I’d say chances are higher for acceptance than most other programs if you are interviewing. Just my 2 cents I don’t know everything haha. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I completely missed the questionnaire email that I received about a month ago and filled it out today. Does this mean I have lost my shot at an interview or would it do me any good to also send a letter of intent?!

UOP is known for interviewing to accept. There’s no way of knowing the exact percentage as it fluctuates from year to year, but they typically interview a small amount of people. I’d say chances are higher for acceptance than most other programs if you are interviewing. Just my 2 cents I don’t know everything haha. Good luck!
^ TRUTH

invited to interview virtually, 2/21, hopefully there are still a good amount of spots left!
I had an interview scheduled that day too! I got a call from Emma yesterday to reschedule since the 21st is President's Day, did you move your interview as well?

Just got the call from Stan Constantino this morning!!! Accepted!!! Good luck everyone don’t give up!

Nope. fake news. interview does not guarantee acceptance
It doesn’t say that an interview guarantees acceptance. I simply stated that when UOP conducts 300 interviews to fill 144 spots and other schools interview 500 to fill 100 spots chances are better for you to get into UOP if you’ve been interviewed as opposed to other programs. That’s just a statistical fact.

Reactions: 2 users
It doesn’t say that an interview guarantees acceptance. I simply stated that when UOP conducts 300 interviews to fill 144 spots and other schools interview 500 to fill 100 spots chances are better for you to get into UOP if you’ve been interviewed as opposed to other programs. That’s just a statistical fact.
hi! is it really 300 interviews? does that take into account those who decline their spots as well

hi! is it really 300 interviews? does that take into account those who decline their spots as well
I was told by admissions that they were interviewing 300 people is all. So from what I understand that does include people who declined their spots (I had 2 in my interview group who admitted they would not be accepting UOP if accepted, they only attended to get more info and because they had already taken work off). With that in mind, I’d invited for interviews you have a baseline chance of at least 50%. It is an expensive private school so there is cause for people to choose other options, meaning yes your chances go up from there. I didn’t interview at a single other program with chances even remotely that high. This is course is sheer stats, it takes nothing into consideration about your actual interview (which was my personal favorite interview of all the schools I interviewed at). If you have an interview there you’re sitting in a a good spot at least

Nope. fake news. interview does not guarantee acceptance
they have a video posted where their admissions team specifically says they interview to accept. it’s not a guarantee but it’s a higher chance than other schools.

Hey at least you interviewed! Do you think that means everyone who interviews going forward is getting waitlisted?
I’m not too sure how the waitlist is gonna move. I may not get the slot, and the people interview in the upcoming weeks might get in.

I completely missed the questionnaire email that I received about a month ago and filled it out today. Does this mean I have lost my shot at an interview or would it do me any good to also send a letter of intent?!
Hey! I didn’t fill out the questionnaire at all and just got invited to interview so I’m sure there’s still a chance that you get an invite

I received an invite today as well!

just got a call for acceptance!
interviewed last Thursday, Feb 3

What day are you interviewing? What days were available for you?
Not sure yet since they said the admissions coordinator would be reaching out to schedule soon. They did mention that the interviews will go into March.

What day are you interviewing? What days were available for you?
Congrats! Do you mind sharing what the interview experience was like?
it was on zoom and went all day and you sit through admissions presentations, financial aid presentations, talking with the dean etc. you also get to talk with the other applicants. there’s a 15 minute break in the middle of everything and then you talk with a student for an interview and also someone with admissions. it was honestly really fun and personal i enjoyed it!

it was on zoom and went all day and you sit through admissions presentations, financial aid presentations, talking with the dean etc. you also get to talk with the other applicants. there’s a 15 minute break in the middle of everything and then you talk with a student for an interview and also someone with admissions. it was honestly really fun and personal i enjoyed it!
Great, thanks for sharing! Super excited for this interview :)

LOL. you still haven't gotten into dental school huh or did roseman take a chance on you? this is a copy and paste from your post last year (or was it the previous year). your assertions are baseless, unsubstantiated. you provide zero specific examples again and have a clear bias and distaste towards UoP! the three-year program is NOT for "profit motives." this is laughable. you're obviously bitter for getting rejected and are now at Roseman.
I find it surprising that you commented on this thread just to discredit my words. You and I both don't have anything to gain by spreading lies about the school. I also stated last year that I had gotten accepted to UOP and other schools in a previous cycle. If I remember correctly, you also got into UOP but chose to go elsewhere for cost savings. The choice you made was good for all the reasons I had stated earlier. I also decided to go elsewhere due to all of the negative things I had heard from graduates and current students of the school. I have many friends who attended the school in recent years. They all told me to choose the other option that I was leaning towards despite the fact that I am from California. So, I made the tough decision to leave the state for dental school and I don't regret it. I am only trying to help and provide some insight because I do not believe UOP is upfront and good-natured with how they structure the program and how grading is done at the school. A very notable percentage of UOP's first year class ends up remediating either one or both hand skills courses due to the very strenuous and toxic nature of how they conduct things. If you end up in this situation, you will have a feeling of being "on the edge" or "borderline" for the reminder of the program. That inherently makes the environment at UOP more stressful and miserable in the first year onward because you are that much more pressed to complete all the requirements in a condensed time span. Most other schools do what UOP does in the first year sim lab over the span of two years. That's a huge difference. I also heard professors can be very strict with grading in the sim lab as what may get a passing grade at other schools would get a failing grade at UOP. The learning process in sim lab is tough and frustrating but at UOP those negative aspects are easily worse due both the condensed program and more punitive grading scheme and overall grade deflation compared to many other schools. On top of that, Roseman made their announcement recently and I feel that students who are particularly interested in the 3 year program should choose Roseman due to potential six-figure cost savings and a seemingly much more pleasant dental school experience based on word of mouth. These are all important aspects that should be considered for current and future applicants when it is time to make the choice. I am only here for transparency. Feel free to private message me if any of you want more info based on my unique, informed perspective on UOP.