Update Letter Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SnoBerry Peace Tea

Reaction score
Hi all!

I just had a quick question - A paper I'm an author on was just accepted for publication - would it be appropriate for me to send an update letter now to my schools that I've applied to that accept updates? Or should I wait until the paper is actually in publication to send updates? Finally, is this something that's worth sending an update for? It would be my first publication.

Thanks for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all!

I just had a quick question - A paper I'm an author on was just accepted for publication - would it be appropriate for me to send an update letter now to my schools that I've applied to that accept updates? Or should I wait until the paper is actually in publication to send updates? Finally, is this something that's worth sending an update for? It would be my first publication.

Thanks for any help!
It can't hurt and I think it's pretty significant. I wouldn't wait. Decisions on IIs or As are being made constantly. At this point in the cycle, you have nothing to gain by waiting.

Reactions: 1 user