This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whatsupdocs

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I applied to a medical school via early decision, so I will be accepted, rejected, or waitlisted on or before October 1st, 2019. I recently started volunteering as a scribe/translator at a local free medical clinic that caters to the Hispanic and Latino populations. This is information I was not able to include on my application, but I think it would be beneficial for the medical school to know about this new activity. I worry that it might be too soon to let them know (see timeline below), but I also do not want to wait around and it be too late.
  • June 28, 2019 Submitted AMCAS primary application
  • July 15, 2019 School received my MCAT score
  • July 30, 2019 Submitted secondary application
Any help is welcomed! Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Don't bother with the update, it's not going to make a difference. We only care about things you've already done, not things you plan to do, and you haven't been involved there long enough for it to make much of an impact on you as a person or on your application strength.

Reactions: 1 users
Don't bother with the update, it's not going to make a difference. We only care about things you've already done, not things you plan to do, and you haven't been involved there long enough for it to make much of an impact on you as a person or on your application strength.

But is it worthwhile for OP to bring up in the interview if it comes up organically?

Reactions: 1 user