Updating school about research?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SIGINT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have a first-author research article accepted for publication in PNAS. However, the details about what volume/issue it will be published in has not been made available yet. How do I update the school about this paper and give them actual evidence that the paper has been accepted? I am on a waitlist at this school and I'm itching to get this letter in before the waitlist starts moving.

Members don't see this ad.

So I have a first-author research article accepted for publication in PNAS. However, the details about what volume/issue it will be published in has not been made available yet. How do I update the school about this paper and give them actual evidence that the paper has been accepted? I am on a waitlist at this school and I'm itching to get this letter in before the waitlist starts moving.

Your medical school application isn't a jury trial, and you don't need evidence that your paper was accepted. Just give them the title of the manuscript, the journal it was accepted into, and your author position, and tell them that it has been "accepted for publication."

I am sure that tantacles is right but if you really want to send something you could always forward on a .pdf of the acceptance letter. Also, congratulations on being a baller, getting a first author publication in PNAS is quite an accomplishment. :)