This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lamb10

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Best of luck with the upcoming application process

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi! First-time international applicant here. Looking forward to connecting and discussing with you all.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, international applicant here! Does anyone know what our grades convert to for Canada and how to tell what our grades will be when AVC reviews them? Best of luck to everyone!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just emailed and asked if this calculator I found on Google is accurate: GPA Calculator (UPEI) - GradeCalc.info
Guelph/OVC had this published data that I've been referencing for a rough percentage-GPA conversion, but getting a solid confirmation from AVC would be great! <http://www.ovc.uoguelph.ca/recruitm...M-Program-Admission-Statistics-2021-saved.pdf>
Awesome! I have emailed them twice now and still haven't heard back. I even called and never had a return call. Very frustrating haha

First time international applicant! Good luck everyone!

The bolded lines are the responses I got from UPEI's office:

I am an international AVC applicant for c/o 2027. My grades are reported on a 4.0 scale, and I want to ask if this grade calculation webpage <GPA Calculator (UPEI) - GradeCalc.info> is accurate in what a GPA letter grade be converted to in percentages. We do not base grades on a GPA. We take an overall average of the 10 specific prerequisite courses and the last full Academic Year (Sept - April)

Separately, should international students plan to travel to PEI in November? How definite is it for the interviews to be conducted on-site? We have not yet determined if we will be doing in person interviews. When the decision is made all applicable International applicants will be informed.

Hey guys! Does anyone know when applications open? I thought I had begun my application earlier than this last year, but maybe its just the anticipation talking lol

Hey guys! Does anyone know when applications open? I thought I had begun my application earlier than this last year, but maybe its just the anticipation talking lol
If you are applying through VMCAS they opened for AVC on May 12 and will close on Sept. 15. If you are a Canadian resident applying, I'm not too sure.

Does anyone know the mean academic average and range of academic averages for the 2025 and 2026 classes? They are not up on the website atm :/

Does anyone know the mean academic average and range of academic averages for the 2025 and 2026 classes? They are not up on the website atm :/
I emailed admissions about this before and Sharon told me they do not give out that info. I feel like if you are an international applicant though, there is a decent chance of getting at least an interview.

Has anyone heard if their application has been received yet? I think in past years people get notified around this time.

Domestic applicants - I am a NS resident currently and am considering moving to PEI if I don't get accepted this cycle. Do you guys know of anyone that was accepted after making this move and was a NS resident before? Just wondering if I would have a better chance of getting in if I was a PEI resident.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard if their application has been received yet? I think in past years people get notified around this time.
I still haven't! Hope I am not the only one. I haven't paid the $75 CAD fee either since VMCAS said "remit... when contacted by our admissions coordinator"

I still haven't! Hope I am not the only one. I haven't paid the $75 CAD fee either since VMCAS said "remit... when contacted by our admissions coordinator"
I haven't heard yet. I am assuming it will be soon. I saw some people on FB groups saying they heard around Oct 21 in the past for an interview. I figured they would have contacted us though to confirm they have everything they need before an interview offer though.

I assumed they need to figure out the interview format. In August, I wrote to the admissions office RE traveling to PEI for interviews if shortlisted. They said they will communicate the in-person/virtual format decision with all the applicable applicants when it is made.

Applications are being reviewed by admissions! Hopefully, we hear something in the next couple of weeks!

Domestic applicants - I am a NS resident currently and am considering moving to PEI if I don't get accepted this cycle. Do you guys know of anyone that was accepted after making this move and was a NS resident before? Just wondering if I would have a better chance of getting in if I was a PEI resident.

A classmate of mine did this as a NB resident and was accepted. Remember that PEI applicants get very few seats though so depending on that year’s applicants it may not play out in your favor.

Int'l applicant got an email this morning confirming my application was received along with the missing pre-requisites.

I got an email saying it was received and a little bit ago got an email to set up my portal and pay the fee.

International applicant here! Paid the processing fee yesterday, hoping we hear something soon!

Hey everyone, this is my first time applying to UPEI and third overall time applying. I received the link to pay the supplemental fee yesterday. Good luck everyone!

I got an email saying it was received and a little bit ago got an email to set up my portal and pay the fee.
Question, it mentioned in the email that we could see our checklist in the portal after paying the fee but I'm not seeing that at all. All I see is a finance section and a course catalog section. Am I the only one?

Question, it mentioned in the email that we could see our checklist in the portal after paying the fee but I'm not seeing that at all. All I see is a finance section and a course catalog section. Am I the only one?
That is all I see too. From past threads, it seems like the next thing they do is email you about whether you are rejected or getting an interview.

That is all I see too. From past threads, it seems like the next thing they do is email you about whether you are rejected or getting an interview.
Okay, well at least I'm not missing something. Ah, that really gives me anxiety since they probably will be sending that email pretty soon. It looks like they sent out interview invites around this time last year.

Okay, well at least I'm not missing something. Ah, that really gives me anxiety since they probably will be sending that email pretty soon. It looks like they sent out interview invites around this time last year.
Yes I am also anxious! This is my top choice so I am really hoping I don't get rejected right off the bat lol.

Yes I am also anxious! This is my top choice so I am really hoping I don't get rejected right off the bat lol.
Same! AVC is definitely high on my list. Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us!

Did other int'l applicants get a link for this portal? I was poking around UPEI's website a while back and remember making a separate account out of curiorisity. Now I don't know if this is my actual application portal or just from when I was messing around.
Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 11.52.37.png

I didn't get anything like that. Where did you find it? Past threads for AVC, it doesn't seem like others had this either. I set up an account to pay the fee but that was it. I thought they just email you about everything.

Last edited:
No one heard anything about interviews today right?

Nope! I did send an email with an unrelated question this afternoon and didn’t get a response.
I'm hoping it will be this Thursday when we hear. Looking at past cycles it seems they always send out invites on Thursdays. But they are behind this year so I want to make sure I'm not missing anything lol.

i just got an email about interviews today, so they might be starting to send them out now!

it was an invite to the interview- which is in person on the campus if anyone was wondering!
Did they give you a deadline for your reply on whether you are accepting the invite or not?

I got an email from them about a week ago stating that two of my classes were taken as "part time". Does anyone know what that's about? The classes in question I did take at a community college but they were both 3 credit courses.

I got an email from them about a week ago stating that two of my classes were taken as "part time". Does anyone know what that's about? The classes in question I did take at a community college but they were both 3 credit courses.
AVC requires prereqs to be taken during a full-time semester, which is considered a minimum of 3 courses.
From the AVC Admissions website: A “full-time student” is defined as having a course load of at least three courses (nine semester hours of credit) per semester, excluding laboratories.
I am, however, a domestic applicant and this is the case for us! They may ask you to explain why you were taking the courses part-time, and then the admissions committee will review :)

AVC requires prereqs to be taken during a full-time semester, which is considered a minimum of 3 courses.
From the AVC Admissions website: A “full-time student” is defined as having a course load of at least three courses (nine semester hours of credit) per semester, excluding laboratories.
I am, however, a domestic applicant and this is the case for us! They may ask you to explain why you were taking the courses part-time, and then the admissions committee will review :)
Thank you so much! I emailed them 4 times asking about it and nobody has gotten back to me :/

Do they send out all interview offers to international applicants on the same day or do they stagger them?

Did they give you a deadline for your reply on whether you are accepting the invite or not?
yeah, it was today at 8:00am. i’m not sure if they’re staggering invites though so i wouldn’t stress it if you haven’t heard anything yet!

Are you an international student? Did they give you the option to do an online interview?
i emailed asking about an online option, they said that the admissions chair is out for the week and they’ll follow up with me when they get back

Last edited:
Did you guys get a confirmation or anything when you submitted the processing fee?

yeah, it was today at 8:00am. i’m not sure if they’re staggering invites though so i wouldn’t stress it if you haven’t heard anything yet!

i emailed asking about an online option, they said that the admissions chair is out for the week and they’ll follow up with me when they get back
If you hear anything can you let me know? Having to go all the way to canada in the middle of november is kind of challenging 😬

Unfortunately this morning I received a rejection from PEI. I think it has to do with the way i’ve taken my classes - they stated that two of my courses were taken as “part-time” which i don’t understand. Anyone else have this issue?

Unfortunately this morning I received a rejection from PEI. I think it has to do with the way i’ve taken my classes - they stated that two of my courses were taken as “part-time” which i don’t understand. Anyone else have this issue?
Their website states you need to submit a letter of appeal if your prerequisites were not taken at a full time pace (aka a full courseload at a full time student pace)

Just received a rejection from UPEI. Kinda stinks cuz I was hopeful about this school and this cycle, but this is already my second rejection. I still have 11 more schools to hear from but this makes me kinda not hopeful to hear from the rest of them, including my instate. Ugh.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users