You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UPEI AVC c/o 2027 Applicants
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
May I ask what your gpa is for your combined prerequisites?Received an interview invite this afternoon (NB pool)!
I'll PM youMay I ask what your gpa is for your combined prerequisites?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry to hear! I’m in the same boat. I also can never get any input from them so I upgraded a load of courses, Dean’s list student, switched residency, and still rejected due to scoring lower. There is nothing more I can do…Didn’t get an invite again. Feeling so discouraged 🙁 Wish they gave more feedback other than the general “you scored lower than those accepted”. Been trying for two years for more information on what to do and never get a response.
I declined my seat last week so hopefully it moves a little!I’m a US international applicant on the alternate list. Most of the list movement won’t happen until after the April deadline, but has anyone declined their seat or removed themselves from the wait list yet? With a small class size, it seems like I haven’t heard any whispers. I know we’re all very anxiously waiting 😅😅
The-Doctor
New Member
Did you end up accepting elsewhere? If so, congrats!!! 🥳I declined my seat last week so hopefully it moves a little!
Everyone who was accepted, can you send me your stats if you're comfortable sharing them? Feeling very discouraged cause PEI was one of my top choices :-(
I really don’t get what else we can do. Unfortunately, I think that NS has the highest scoring pool average (other than NFLD but low seats so higher competition), so I feel like if you don’t have over a 90 average, you’re not going to get in. Which is so upsetting to me. I have so many other aspects and grades shouldn’t define someone’s ability to be a vet, as I’m sure you do as well. Someone suggested to me to move to PEI and I just might consider that for next year. I feel you. There’s always next cycle I suppose 🙁Sorry to hear! I’m in the same boat. I also can never get any input from them so I upgraded a load of courses, Dean’s list student, switched residency, and still rejected due to scoring lower. There is nothing more I can do…
Hiya! I’m an NS applicant and got an interview this year and was waitlisted last year. My average for my ten prerequisites was 88.4% (4.03 gpa on a 4.3 scale). My semester average this fall was 85.33% (3.9 gpa on a 4.3 scale) and I think my courses this semester will have slightly higher grades. In terms of vet experience by the application deadline I had around 1600 hours across seven vet clinics. Two of which I am currently working at one day a week during school. Let me know if you wanted anymore info 🙂Is there anyone from NS pool that would be comfortable sharing your average with me? I would greatly appreciate to know what they are looking for in regards to grades.
AnimalDude
New Member
I haven't yetHas anyone gotten their interview date yet? I’m paranoid because last year they got my email wrong haha.
AnimalDude
New Member
The AVC website says the Class of 2027 Facebook page will be made by late spring. I think either the school will send you the link or it will be on their website, I am not totally sure.I got accepted earlier from the US 🙂 Is there a c/o 27 student group chat or facebook group that anyone knows of?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AnimalDude
New Member
Still no word on an interview date yet, just FYI to anyone checking in.
My interview is scheduled for the 10th (PEI applicant).When is everyones interview dates? 🙂
Anniebloom10
New Member
Mine is May 1!
Anniebloom10
New Member
How have everyone's interviews been going?
peachykeen1
New Member
Hi! Just wondering if anyone knows around when we will be hearing back re decisions from the admissions committee... I know it's usually June, but where the interviews were a month later than usual this year, I really hope it won't be pushed until later? Has anyone reached out or asked during their interview regarding when we'll find out?
Mid June is what I heard from one of the interview emails. I just want to know so I can start looking for apartments 🥲Hi! Just wondering if anyone knows around when we will be hearing back re decisions from the admissions committee... I know it's usually June, but where the interviews were a month later than usual this year, I really hope it won't be pushed until later? Has anyone reached out or asked during their interview regarding when we'll find out?
Last edited:
Was your interview in person?My interview is scheduled for the 10th (PEI applicant).
im not sure if PEI applicants were in person but mine was online (NS). They might of gotten rid of the in person ones so people didn’t have to spend money to get to PEI but idrk.Was your interview in person?
peachykeen1
New Member
Has anyone heard anything yet? I really thought it was going to be today's news... I've been refreshing my email nonstop at work today, my heart (and stomach) can't take much more of this stress!!!
I haven’t heard anything. I thought it would be today too but at this point I doubt it. Definitely this week though.Has anyone heard anything yet? I really thought it was going to be today's news... I've been refreshing my email nonstop at work today, my heart (and stomach) can't take much more of this stress!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
International AVC student here. I got my offer this January at 4:28pm PEI time on a friday.out of the emails I’ve got from admissions in the past the latest one was sent at 3:30 pm but I think their office closes later than that. Hopefully in next couple days 🥺
Congratulations! Friday’s a great day to celebrate 🤩International AVC student here. I got my offer this January at 4:28pm PEI time on a friday.
AnimalDude
New Member
Just got an acceptance letter!
BlueKiwi84
New Member
Got my email. NS applicant.
Beatitudes_K
New Member
Got my acceptance letter! congrats everyone!!
Maybe wait until tomorrow to email sometimes they type out emails wrong!!I haven’t heard anything yet… I wonder why? NS applicant.
Sea Urchin
New Member
Got my acceptance as a NS applicant! Congratulations to everyone. I got accepted into OVC as well so I will have some decisions to make. Any pro/cons between OVC and AVC that you guys are aware of?
Ovc is very competitive, even after people get in. They likely have more opportunities for specialties as they are a bigger school. Avc is smaller and more student driven I think, more relaxed atmosphere and smaller class size. Less opportunites for specialties but really nice schoolGot my acceptance as a NS applicant! Congratulations to everyone. I got accepted into OVC as well so I will have some decisions to make. Any pro/cons between OVC and AVC that you guys are aware of?
Both are great. Depends what you’re looking for. 😃 congratulations!!!!!!!!
Last edited:
Sea Urchin
New Member
Just declined my offer to AVC as a NS applicant if anyone has been waitlisted! Hoping this helps someone who didn't get the news they were hoping for!
BlueKiwi84
New Member
I wish they told us. I was placed on the alternate listed as a N.S. applicant.Does anyone know how big the alternate admissions list is? From NB and got the email I had been made an alternate
AnimalDude
New Member
The alternate lists are separate for each pool and are generally half the size of admitted students from that pool. So for NB the alternate list would be about 6 to 7 people. I hope things go your way!Does anyone know how big the alternate admissions list is? From NB and got the email I had been made an alternate
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
BlueKiwi84
New Member
Thank you 😛. I got the call this morning that there was a spot for me 🎉Just declined my offer to AVC as a NS applicant if anyone has been waitlisted! Hoping this helps someone who didn't get the news they were hoping for!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 837
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 164
- Locked
- Sticky
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 4K