This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received an interview invite this afternoon (NB pool)!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Didn’t get an invite again. Feeling so discouraged 🙁 Wish they gave more feedback other than the general “you scored lower than those accepted”. Been trying for two years for more information on what to do and never get a response.
Sorry to hear! I’m in the same boat. I also can never get any input from them so I upgraded a load of courses, Dean’s list student, switched residency, and still rejected due to scoring lower. There is nothing more I can do…

I'm from NS, I was not invited for an interview either unfortunately :(
But congrats to everyone who was, that is exciting!

I’m a US international applicant on the alternate list. Most of the list movement won’t happen until after the April deadline, but has anyone declined their seat or removed themselves from the wait list yet? With a small class size, it seems like I haven’t heard any whispers. I know we’re all very anxiously waiting 😅😅
I declined my seat last week so hopefully it moves a little!

Everyone who was accepted, can you send me your stats if you're comfortable sharing them? Feeling very discouraged cause PEI was one of my top choices :-(

Sorry to hear! I’m in the same boat. I also can never get any input from them so I upgraded a load of courses, Dean’s list student, switched residency, and still rejected due to scoring lower. There is nothing more I can do…
I really don’t get what else we can do. Unfortunately, I think that NS has the highest scoring pool average (other than NFLD but low seats so higher competition), so I feel like if you don’t have over a 90 average, you’re not going to get in. Which is so upsetting to me. I have so many other aspects and grades shouldn’t define someone’s ability to be a vet, as I’m sure you do as well. Someone suggested to me to move to PEI and I just might consider that for next year. I feel you. There’s always next cycle I suppose 🙁

Is there anyone from NS pool that would be comfortable sharing your average with me? I would greatly appreciate to know what they are looking for in regards to grades.

Is there anyone from NS pool that would be comfortable sharing your average with me? I would greatly appreciate to know what they are looking for in regards to grades.
Hiya! I’m an NS applicant and got an interview this year and was waitlisted last year. My average for my ten prerequisites was 88.4% (4.03 gpa on a 4.3 scale). My semester average this fall was 85.33% (3.9 gpa on a 4.3 scale) and I think my courses this semester will have slightly higher grades. In terms of vet experience by the application deadline I had around 1600 hours across seven vet clinics. Two of which I am currently working at one day a week during school. Let me know if you wanted anymore info :)

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone gotten their interview date yet? I’m paranoid because last year they got my email wrong haha.

I got accepted earlier from the US :) Is there a c/o 27 student group chat or facebook group that anyone knows of?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted earlier from the US :) Is there a c/o 27 student group chat or facebook group that anyone knows of?
The AVC website says the Class of 2027 Facebook page will be made by late spring. I think either the school will send you the link or it will be on their website, I am not totally sure.

Reactions: 2 users
Still no word on an interview date yet, just FYI to anyone checking in.

I just heard that UPEI faculty has reached an agreement with the UPEI admin about the strike so hopefully the strike ends this Monday! Maybe interview dates next week :)

Hi! Just wondering if anyone knows around when we will be hearing back re decisions from the admissions committee... I know it's usually June, but where the interviews were a month later than usual this year, I really hope it won't be pushed until later? Has anyone reached out or asked during their interview regarding when we'll find out?

Hi! Just wondering if anyone knows around when we will be hearing back re decisions from the admissions committee... I know it's usually June, but where the interviews were a month later than usual this year, I really hope it won't be pushed until later? Has anyone reached out or asked during their interview regarding when we'll find out?
Mid June is what I heard from one of the interview emails. I just want to know so I can start looking for apartments 🥲

Last edited:
Was your interview in person?
im not sure if PEI applicants were in person but mine was online (NS). They might of gotten rid of the in person ones so people didn’t have to spend money to get to PEI but idrk.

Should be hearing any day now. In previous years they sent acceptances out from June 5 -June 15.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone heard anything yet? I really thought it was going to be today's news... I've been refreshing my email nonstop at work today, my heart (and stomach) can't take much more of this stress!!!

Has anyone heard anything yet? I really thought it was going to be today's news... I've been refreshing my email nonstop at work today, my heart (and stomach) can't take much more of this stress!!!
I haven’t heard anything. I thought it would be today too but at this point I doubt it. Definitely this week though.

out of the emails I’ve got from admissions in the past the latest one was sent at 3:30 pm but I think their office closes later than that. Hopefully in next couple days 🥺

Reactions: 1 users
out of the emails I’ve got from admissions in the past the latest one was sent at 3:30 pm but I think their office closes later than that. Hopefully in next couple days 🥺
International AVC student here. I got my offer this January at 4:28pm PEI time on a friday.

NS applicant here and I just got my acceptance letter!!!

Got my acceptance as a NS applicant! Congratulations to everyone. I got accepted into OVC as well so I will have some decisions to make. Any pro/cons between OVC and AVC that you guys are aware of?

Got my acceptance as a NS applicant! Congratulations to everyone. I got accepted into OVC as well so I will have some decisions to make. Any pro/cons between OVC and AVC that you guys are aware of?
Ovc is very competitive, even after people get in. They likely have more opportunities for specialties as they are a bigger school. Avc is smaller and more student driven I think, more relaxed atmosphere and smaller class size. Less opportunites for specialties but really nice school
Both are great. Depends what you’re looking for. 😃 congratulations!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Just declined my offer to AVC as a NS applicant if anyone has been waitlisted! Hoping this helps someone who didn't get the news they were hoping for!

Does anyone know how big the alternate admissions list is? From NB and got the email I had been made an alternate

Does anyone know how big the alternate admissions list is? From NB and got the email I had been made an alternate
The alternate lists are separate for each pool and are generally half the size of admitted students from that pool. So for NB the alternate list would be about 6 to 7 people. I hope things go your way!

Just declined my offer to AVC as a NS applicant if anyone has been waitlisted! Hoping this helps someone who didn't get the news they were hoping for!
Thank you 😛. I got the call this morning that there was a spot for me 🎉