-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UPenn Applicants c/o 2017
Started by equineconstant
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Good luck!!!
I've been through the process twice with Penn, so feel free to PM me with any questions and I'm sure other students will be popping in too.
I've been through the process twice with Penn, so feel free to PM me with any questions and I'm sure other students will be popping in too.
Thanks! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
we pennwe we are
a little late, but if anyone needs help with the admissions process i am more than happy to help! i will be attending in the fall along with orca2011 🙂
Just like a Pennwe to have the 4th reply in a thread created less than 3 days prior and call themselves 'a litle late"

That actually sounds like a compliment to me.Just like a Pennwe to have the 4th reply in a thread created less than 3 days prior and call themselves 'a litle late"![]()
That actually sounds like a compliment to me.
i'll just take it as a compliment 😉
Wait, what? WHY?
The supplemental information card was supposed to go live today, but now the website says early/mid August. 😕
Whoa that's crazy!
Don't worry. There is no essay involved. You check a few boxes and send them a check for $75. At least that's how it was the past two years
The supplemental information card was supposed to go live today, but now the website says early/mid August. 😕
I noticed that too😕
Don't worry. There is no essay involved. You check a few boxes and send them a check for $75. At least that's how it was the past two years
Whew. I hope it's true this year, too!
Thank you for the "do not panic" message. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't worry. There is no essay involved. You check a few boxes and send them a check for $75. At least that's how it was the past two years
Okay, I think I can handle that. 😉 👍
Had a minor freak out when I checked the website BEFORE checking student doctor network and saw that it wasn't open yet. Never doing that again! SDN always comes first! In the mean time, yay! I have a reason to put off paying the supplemental fee! 

Don't worry. There is no essay involved. You check a few boxes and send them a check for $75. At least that's how it was the past two years
Don't forget about leaving blank the million questions about whether your relatives are veterinarians or Penn alumni! 👍
Soo, is anyone else annoyed the supplement isn't up yet? Haha, I just want to get everything done and put it in order.
I didn;t have enough space to list all my Penn connections. 😛Don't forget about leaving blank the million questions about whether your relatives are veterinarians or Penn alumni! 👍
soo, is anyone else annoyed the supplement isn't up yet? Haha, i just want to get everything done and put it in order.
yes.
Soo, is anyone else annoyed the supplement isn't up yet? Haha, I just want to get everything done and put it in order.
Yes, I have not finished any of my other supplementals, but I just want to see what its like and start it.
Yes, I have not finished any of my other supplementals, but I just want to see what its like and start it.
It will seriously take you a minute to do unless they are making major changes
I didn;t have enough space to list all my Penn connections. 😛
going to elementary school with the founder shouldn't count!!
It will seriously take you a minute to do unless they are making major changes
I wonder what's taking them a month to revise/set up.
And even if it does just take a minute, it's one more thing to cross off the massive application to do list. 🙂
Yeah, Ben Franklin and I used to hang out in all the brothels in Paris.going to elementary school with the founder shouldn't count!!
I wonder what's taking them a month to revise/set up.
And even if it does just take a minute, it's one more thing to cross off the massive application to do list. 🙂
Oh, I totally understand. It was my favorite one since it required the least amount of effort. But it was definitely the most expensive for the amount of work required.
I wish I had checked earlier in the summer to tell you if they usually post it late, but I don't think I did it until late august/ early September.
Soo, is anyone else annoyed the supplement isn't up yet? Haha, I just want to get everything done and put it in order.
Same. Or get it almost ready to submit, at least, like half of my other supplementals. Can't finish anything that asks about my experience hours until I figure out how many hours I've got from this summer.
I'm really hoping this one comes out this week or next week. I'm planning on not doing any application stuff the week after that when my bf visits, and then the next week is my one week at home before school starts and I've got a ton of last minute stuff to do. I'd really like to get all this application nonsense done before classes start.
Hey guys... seriously... this supplemental shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes to prepare. Don't sweat it. It is waaaaaay early, and it requires no thought.
You will have plenty of anxiety filled days, this should not cause any of them!
It is really just an excuse for Penn to make you send them more money!
You will have plenty of anxiety filled days, this should not cause any of them!
It is really just an excuse for Penn to make you send them more money!
It is really just an excuse for Penn to make you send them more money!
Unfortunately you couldn't be more right...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interesting. It looks like they're doing it entirely online this year.
And more work now.Interesting. It looks like they're doing it entirely online this year.
May take 10 minutes instead of 2!
And more work now.
May take 10 minutes instead of 2!
I saw that! I wonder if there is like a brief essay or something? I was going to check it out but didn't know if I'd have to make an account or something.
No essay.I saw that! I wonder if there is like a brief essay or something? I was going to check it out but didn't know if I'd have to make an account or something.
You have to input:
*Contact info
*area of interest
*GPA
*GRE
*Penn connections
*If parents are vets
*Who recommenders are.
no essays or anything like that. Everything is in forms. Probably 10 minutes.
ps - I may have accidentally submitted a supp app with no info. 🙁
No essay.
You have to input:
*Contact info
*area of interest
*GPA
*GRE
*Penn connections
*If parents are vets
*Who recommenders are.
no essays or anything like that. Everything is in forms. Probably 10 minutes.
ps - I may have accidentally submitted a supp app with no info. 🙁
Soo, same thing as before. Just online. Sweet.
Submitted mine! First supplemental I've submitted. And I think I put in way too much effort/overthought it, but eh.
I really want to knock this supp out, but I'm not sure how many wildlife hours I'll have by the time I submit VMCAS as I'm hoping to get some more in september and that's my primary interest..... Looks like I have to wait. GEEZ 🙁
I really want to knock this supp out, but I'm not sure how many wildlife hours I'll have by the time I submit VMCAS as I'm hoping to get some more in september and that's my primary interest..... Looks like I have to wait. GEEZ 🙁
Penn let me update them with hours throughout the application cycle if you for some reason feel super eager to submit. However I think waiting until September is perfectly reasonable.
I really want to knock this supp out, but I'm not sure how many wildlife hours I'll have by the time I submit VMCAS as I'm hoping to get some more in september and that's my primary interest..... Looks like I have to wait. GEEZ 🙁
I put my interest as small animal since I don't technically have hours in a mixed practice...it's kind of convenient I've decided my main interest isn't equine or I'd have to wait until I have all my hours from this summer for this one, too.
I really want to knock this supp out, but I'm not sure how many wildlife hours I'll have by the time I submit VMCAS as I'm hoping to get some more in september and that's my primary interest..... Looks like I have to wait. GEEZ 🙁
There is absolutely no reason to submit early besides wanting to check it off your "to do" list. The only thing you will be doing is selling yourself short by not including your summer hours. Just write it on your calendar to do in September. 😎
Write your personal statement. Remind your LOR writers. Practice interview skills.
Plenty of productive things to do!
I'm in the process of planning the spring semester, and I read on the class of 2016 thread that it is possible to not have to take certain classes like Developmental Biology if one has already taken the class. So, I am planning on taking the lecture portion of the class spring semester, but the lab portion of the class is not needed for my degree. Would it be beneficial to take it anyways?
Thank you!
Thank you!
We have no dev bio lab... you probably do not need it to apply for exemption.I'm in the process of planning the spring semester, and I read on the class of 2016 thread that it is possible to not have to take certain classes like Developmental Biology if one has already taken the class. So, I am planning on taking the lecture portion of the class spring semester, but the lab portion of the class is not needed for my degree. Would it be beneficial to take it anyways?
Thank you!
Having said that, anything that helps make your more familiar with the anatomy of animals is helpful... and I could see how that kind of lab would be useful....
Seems like a good 2nd semester senior year class to me.
We have no dev bio lab... you probably do not need it to apply for exemption.
Having said that, anything that helps make your more familiar with the anatomy of animals is helpful... and I could see how that kind of lab would be useful....
Seems like a good 2nd semester senior year class to me.
The only labs we have for Dev bio are the placenta lab and pig embryo. Probably not worth it to take the lab portion. Definitely recommend trying to get exempt from classes though. You'll want that free time. Hoping to get out of Nutrition next semester.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
4
498820
Hey! Do any of you lovely PennVet students know when we should be hearing back (roughly)? I think having a date in mind will calm my anxiety, maybe just a little. 🙂
Unfortunately Penn does rolling interviews, so you can hear from them anytime from Mid-late november (for interviews starting in December/January) through potentially late march depending on when they fill up the class.Hey! Do any of you lovely PennVet students know when we should be hearing back (roughly)? I think having a date in mind will calm my anxiety, maybe just a little. 🙂
You will hear early to mid November whether or not they have received everything they need from you and then, like SOV said, interview invites start going out sometime December and I think the first set of interviews are early January.
Okay, serious question. Who on earth gets into Penn from out of state??? I was thinking back to people from my undergrad and not a single person I know has been accepted into Penn. Goodness knows they're all very intelligent and impressive people. I was also looking at the "Successful Applicants Stats" threads, and I couldn't find an OOS applicant who got into Penn. It doesn't help that UPenn's website is incredibly vague, too. What stats or experiences does a successful OOS Penn applicant generally have?
Okay, serious question. Who on earth gets into Penn from out of state??? I was thinking back to people from my undergrad and not a single person I know has been accepted into Penn. Goodness knows they're all very intelligent and impressive people. I was also looking at the "Successful Applicants Stats" threads, and I couldn't find an OOS applicant who got into Penn. It doesn't help that UPenn's website is incredibly vague, too. What stats or experiences does a successful OOS Penn applicant generally have?
I think UPenn likes non-trad students especially. They rejected my butt but accepted my friend who is ~6 years out of school and had lower scores than me. Numbers definitely aren't everything, but n = 1.