-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UPenn c/o 2018 applicants!
Started by orca2011
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm almost tempted to call and beg my fate, but I'll wait. I keep telling myself that no news is good news. Right? 

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all! I've been lurking around here for a bit but I've never posted before. I'm thrilled out of my mind to have been accepted to Penn!
Congrats to everyone else who has had good news so far! And good luck to those who haven't heard anything yet.

Congrats to everyone else who has had good news so far! And good luck to those who haven't heard anything yet.I have been wondering this as well. I interviewed on the 10th and got the call the following Monday (the 13th), but I still haven't received the paper work. I know I'm being silly, but I keep worrying that they've made a mistake and I want the papers to ease my mind.Hey, has anyone who was accepted gotten the paper work yet in the mail?
Hey, has anyone who was accepted gotten the paper work yet in the mail?
Also, is anyone interested in the dual degree (VMD-Ph.D) program? Is it too late to apply? Can you apply after your first year and decide later?
I've been keeping an eye out for paperwork, but nothing yet. Probably taking longer due to snow--I know they've had a snowday recently.
I'm also interested in the dual degree program, and it's definitely not too late to apply. I decided to wait until my first year to apply so I could see what the workload of just the VMD program would be like. Apparently a few people have applied even later (2nd and 3rd years), but I think applying 1st year is pretty normal.
Have any other accepted students gotten any mail/email from penn?I got my acceptance call a week ago and haven't gotten anything yet...
They're probably waiting until they've interviewed and accepted everybody, then send it out en masse. Seems logical, no?
Awesome!! I'm in the exact same boat as you. Waiting to see how the course load is to see if it's something I could actually handle doing. Are you interested in specializing at all? I'm trying to decide whether I want to do VMD-Ph.D or VMD and go on to do a residency possibly in Pathology, which I heard can also be a masters or Ph.D depending on the program.I've been keeping an eye out for paperwork, but nothing yet. Probably taking longer due to snow--I know they've had a snowday recently.
I'm also interested in the dual degree program, and it's definitely not too late to apply. I decided to wait until my first year to apply so I could see what the workload of just the VMD program would be like. Apparently a few people have applied even later (2nd and 3rd years), but I think applying 1st year is pretty normal.
Same! I keep thinking they called me by mistake XD! I interviewed on the 10th, got a call on that Monday....I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasnt gotten paper work yet!Hey all! I've been lurking around here for a bit but I've never posted before. I'm thrilled out of my mind to have been accepted to Penn!Congrats to everyone else who has had good news so far! And good luck to those who haven't heard anything yet.
I have been wondering this as well. I interviewed on the 10th and got the call the following Monday (the 13th), but I still haven't received the paper work. I know I'm being silly, but I keep worrying that they've made a mistake and I want the papers to ease my mind.![]()
.
Last edited:
Have any OOS applicants interested in mixed animal medicine heard anything?
Last edited:
Nope. At least I haven't yet.Has any OOS applicants interested in mixed animal medicine heard anything?
Do they send rejections as they go along? I know some people got rejections but that seemed to be at the very beginning and now nothing.
As far as I understand, if we haven't yet been rejected its because we're in the competitive range and are sitting in a pile waiting to be pulled for either an interview or eventual rejection (sounds romantic, right? Haha).Do they send rejections as they go along? I know some people got rejections but that seemed to be at the very beginning and now nothing.
As far as I understand, if we haven't yet been rejected its because we're in the competitive range and are sitting in a pile waiting to be pulled for either an interview or eventual rejection (sounds romantic, right? Haha).
Looks like they interviewed until the beginning of March last year, so I suppose we might have to wait until March to find out if we're rejected, unless they finish interviewing earlier this year.
Have any OOS applicants interested in mixed animal medicine heard anything?
Not yet!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know if penn needs fall transcripts? I cant send mine in yet as to a current grade change procedure and I am not sure whether the grade will change by the Feb 1st deadline. (Brief history, it is an incomplete grade, which is worth the same as an F, in field research changing to an A).
I checked with admissions - they only require them to be sent to VMCAS, not directly to the school. Hope that helps 🙂
Anyone know if penn needs fall transcripts? I cant send mine in yet as to a current grade change procedure and I am not sure whether the grade will change by the Feb 1st deadline. (Brief history, it is an incomplete grade, which is worth the same as an F, in field research changing to an A).
They are, but I don't think there is a date...at least the website says just send them to VMCAS as soon as you have them. They definitely need them before you matriculate if you are offered admission. Is this Feb 1st thing a VMCAS deadline? If so, maybe just contact Admissions and explain the situation.
Yeah, VMCAS is Feb 1st. I was thinking about calling them tomorrow on my lunch break during Nursing Rotations at New Bolton.
My interview is on the 31st as well! I bought my train ticket and found a place to stay. I'm very nervous and excited at the same time! The thought of a vet school interview keeps popping into my head while I'm in class. It becomes very distracting!Interview on 1/31 🙂 If anyone else is going that day, let me know! It would be nice to know a few people going in.
I agree that knowing a couple of other applicants going in to the interview would be great! Best of luck to those who are applying/interviewing and congrats to those who got in! So happy for all of you guys!
My interview is on the 31st as well! I bought my train ticket and found a place to stay. I'm very nervous and excited at the same time! The thought of a vet school interview keeps popping into my head while I'm in class. It becomes very distracting!
I agree that knowing a couple of other applicants going in to the interview would be great! Best of luck to those who are applying/interviewing and congrats to those who got in! So happy for all of you guys!
My interview is on the 31st also! Also very nervous and excited. Good luck!
Do they let you know if you are on hold?? I just had my interview last friday, and I'm absolutely freaking out about hearing back this week!
Do they let you know if you are on hold?? I just had my interview last friday, and I'm absolutely freaking out about hearing back this week!
Yeah they'll email you and tell you that your application is on hold file and compared to the next set of interviewers
Last edited:
Thanks, KryptoniteGrl!! I've been practically jumping out of my skin before reading every email I've received today. I just want to know already!!Yeah they'll email you and tell you that you're application is on hold file and compared to the next set of interviewers
Thanks, KryptoniteGrl!! I've been practically jumping out of my skin before reading every email I've received today. I just want to know already!!
I feel ya! You'll hear soon enough! Good luck. I'm still waiting on an interview!!
I'm in the same boat! Crossing my fingers!I feel ya! You'll hear soon enough! Good luck. I'm still waiting on an interview!!
Good luck!! I'm sure you will hear soon!!I feel ya! You'll hear soon enough! Good luck. I'm still waiting on an interview!!
I'm in the same boat! Crossing my fingers!
It's fine🙂 I keep telling myself that they do interviews until March. Are you IS or OOS?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got my acceptance call earlier and I am absolutely ecstatic!!!!!! I am completely in shock! This is quite possibly the best day of my life!!! Congrats to everyone else who was accepted and good luck to those that still have interviews to come or are still waiting!!
i got an interview invite earlier today! anyone know approx how many ppl they accept from the interviews? I heard about 99% but that can't be right lol
i got an interview invite earlier today! anyone know approx how many ppl they accept from the interviews? I heard about 99% but that can't be right lol
Congrats! I remember reading somewhere that they offer 1.5-2 times more interviews than they have seats. Of course, now I can't remember where I saw that...
Last edited:
I got my paper acceptance letter today, so check your mail if you're waiting for one. Whew! It's actually happening. 🙂
Congrats to those that got invites and acceptances today!
Congrats to those that got invites and acceptances today!
I have my interview tomorrow. Any helpful suggestions from those of you who interviewed already?
Just relax and ask a ton of questions to the students who are involved in interview day. They can give you a whole ton of information about clubs, specific classes and other ways to get involved in things. I don't know who the first year representatives are but everyone is friendly/outgoing and wants to make the day enjoyable for you.
I have my interview tomorrow. Any helpful suggestions from those of you who interviewed already?
Please everyone who interviewed, go to SDN's interview feedback page and fill out a survey.
Still waiting to hear a word from Penn
Same-oooStill waiting to hear a word from Penn
I'm still waiting, too. I'm probably at the bottom of the pile, though. Oh, well. I wonder how many more rounds of interviews they're going to do.
Still waiting here too. I keep on trying to think of where in the pile I am, and its killing me!I'm still waiting, too. I'm probably at the bottom of the pile, though. Oh, well. I wonder how many more rounds of interviews they're going to do.
They said they interview well into March so I'm assuming about four more rounds? Fingers crossed everyone
This....I keep on trying to think of where in the pile I am, and its killing me!
"Ah, yes - Scooter's application. Shove it down on the bottom again." <-- That scenario haunts my dreams.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was watching "Admission" (Tina Fey) the other night and was like, "OMG. I'm screwed". Haha
"Ah, yes - Scooter's application. Shove it down on the bottom again." <-- That scenario haunts my dreams.
Hahahaha
"Ah, yes - Scooter's application. Shove it down on the bottom again." <-- That scenario haunts my dreams.
Haha, me too
... 😢So this thing about them interviewing la kids later... Has anyone actually confirmed this? Penn is my absolute dream school but I still have heard zip from them so I'm wondering if I should quit dreaming...
I went to the interviews yesterday, but I'm a research focus. The admission committee said that they do not interview based on different dates, but they do have one interview date that they try to fit a bunch of LA students into because they drive them out to new bolton center- the february 14th interview date. At least some of those invites have gone out, because I have a friend that's going- but penn still has several more interview round, so don't lose hope!