You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UPenn Class of 2021 applicants
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I believe they send out an initial round of rejections, and then interview invites, and then finally they send out the rest of the rejections. I remember people waiting a really long time last year for rejections. It seems like highly qualified applicants get the first day or so on interview days, but still not everyone is accepted from those days, so it's not like a shoe-in. I will say though, I was on the second day of interviews last year (my previous SDN account was vetmedflutist if you look at last years thread) and I now go to school with quite a few people that were also on my interview day. Good luck to all of you still waiting! Hoping for the best!!
I'm out of state and by looking at the days when people received interviews so far that they notify people on Thursdays. Looks like every Thursday until we hear will be a little stressful
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm also OOS and have not heard anything. But I'm interested in LA/equine I think someone who goes there said they do most of them on one of the last days because they tour NBC so I'm still hopeful

I'm also interested in equine, I've never visited but I've heard amazing things about NBC! Praying that we get invited to interview on the LA day 🙂I'm also OOS and have not heard anything. But I'm interested in LA/equine I think someone who goes there said they do most of them on one of the last days because they tour NBC so I'm still hopeful![]()
I said my interest was in research so I have no clue if I get an interview when it'll be[emoji29]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Mine is shelter/ small animal
I said my interest was in research so I have no clue if I get an interview when it'll be[emoji29]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I said my interest is research too, but didnt apply to the dual degree program. Still havent heard one way or the other OOS.
Just curious... do you have any guess as to what the likelihood of getting accepted is once you have an interview? I believe I'm interviewing the second day (if im correct that they do it only on fridays and im the second friday), and I just wish i had some idea of what my chances are like. Penn is one of 3 schools I have left in the running and its my top choice!I believe they send out an initial round of rejections, and then interview invites, and then finally they send out the rest of the rejections. I remember people waiting a really long time last year for rejections. It seems like highly qualified applicants get the first day or so on interview days, but still not everyone is accepted from those days, so it's not like a shoe-in. I will say though, I was on the second day of interviews last year (my previous SDN account was vetmedflutist if you look at last years thread) and I now go to school with quite a few people that were also on my interview day. Good luck to all of you still waiting! Hoping for the best!!
They tend to call people the next week if you are accepted. I got called the monday after my interview, and it was MLK day, so technically the university was actually closed I think, at least we have off in the vet school.
Honestly, they already are interested in you if you have an interview. My only advice is to go there and be yourself. Talk with the student admissions board, don't be afraid to ask questions and talk about why you love Penn so much! Don't be afraid to take time to pause and think when answering questions in the interview. Everyone there that day wants you to feel as comfortable as possible, they just want you to be you.
Honestly, they already are interested in you if you have an interview. My only advice is to go there and be yourself. Talk with the student admissions board, don't be afraid to ask questions and talk about why you love Penn so much! Don't be afraid to take time to pause and think when answering questions in the interview. Everyone there that day wants you to feel as comfortable as possible, they just want you to be you.
Do you mean Jan 20th? I'll be there that day as well! 😛Just curious... do you have any guess as to what the likelihood of getting accepted is once you have an interview? I believe I'm interviewing the second day (if im correct that they do it only on fridays and im the second friday), and I just wish i had some idea of what my chances are like. Penn is one of 3 schools I have left in the running and its my top choice!
Anyone get an email for interviews today? I'm trying to figure out if they sent them out today or not.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I have not gotten anything either wayAnyone get an email for interviews today? I'm trying to figure out if they sent them out today or not.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Nope still haven't heard anything yet...Anyone get an email for interviews today? I'm trying to figure out if they sent them out today or not.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Neither have I. I've been counting down to every Thursday but it just ends the same way...with no emailAnyone get an email for interviews today? I'm trying to figure out if they sent them out today or not.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Nothing for me today either, maybe they just didn't send them today because I'm sure at least one person on here would've gotten something! Don't lose hope guys, there's still a lot more interview dates!
Our winter break started on Dec. 16, but I'm not sure what schedule the admissions office goes by. What I've seen based on APVMA on facebook and on here, 3 rounds have gone out: Dec8th for Jan 6th interview, Dec 12th for Jan 13th, and Dec 15th for Jan 20th. I would assume that if a round doesn't go out today, another one probably won't go out until January. We start everything back up again on Jan 3.
Our winter break started on Dec. 16, but I'm not sure what schedule the admissions office goes by. What I've seen based on APVMA on facebook and on here, 3 rounds have gone out: Dec8th for Jan 6th interview, Dec 12th for Jan 13th, and Dec 15th for Jan 20th. I would assume that if a round doesn't go out today, another one probably won't go out until January. We start everything back up again on Jan 3.
Ok thanks! My VMD-PhD application said we would hear back from that program mid December which I thought would be this week. I'll just have to muster up some more patience
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I forgot to send my picture, and it wasn't a problem.I forgot to send in my picture until today... it was due Dec. 15 along with the confirmation of the interview. Anyone have any idea how this will affect my interview?
Ok thanks! My VMD-PhD application said we would hear back from that program mid December which I thought would be this week. I'll just have to muster up some more patience
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I was rejected...did you get an interview???
I was rejected...did you get an interview???
Silence for me. I'm going to email them when the school opens again
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Haven't gotten anything eitherSilence for me. I'm going to email them when the school opens again
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
How did you find out? Email?I was rejected...did you get an interview???
I received a very official looking letter in the mail.How did you find out? Email?
And no--I heard about vet school interview by email about a week before.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received a very official looking letter in the mail.
Would you have another chance to be reviewed in the DVM pool?
Would you have another chance to be reviewed in the DVM pool?
Yes. I received an invitation to interview for the veterinary school before I received a rejection for the PhD program. You must be a feasible candidate for the VMD program to be considered for the PhD portion.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yes. I received an invitation to interview for the veterinary school before I received a rejection for the PhD program. You must be a feasible candidate for the VMD program to be considered for the PhD portion.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Congrats on getting the interview invitation!
If you would like to add a PhD program I am sure there will be more opportunities after you start the DVM program!
Should there be a few more waves of interview invites to go out? Thank you!!
According to last year's thread, the last wave of invites went out on 1/21 so we still have awhile to hold out hope! lolShould there be a few more waves of interview invites to go out? Thank you!!
According to last year's thread, the last wave of invites went out on 1/21 so we still have awhile to hold out hope! lol
Any they've been closed so that's probably why there's been a lack of interviews for everyone since the 15th. Maybe the combined program notifies you of their decision after admissions grants interviews
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
There's a part of SDN where people have posted questions theyve gotten in the pastDoes anyone have a good link or advice for what the interviews are like?
I have one coming up, but haven't found a link with info on the actual interview
https://schools.studentdoctor.net/s...-pennsylvania-school-of-veterinary-medicine/0
Invites today?
I think they'll start that back up Thursday. At least I hope they do...
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I think they will start sending weekly invites again this week since the holidays are over. Not sure the exact day though!Invites today?
Congrats! When is your interview, and are you large or small animal?I got an invite today!
Thanks! Mine is set for the 27th of January! And I'm both. (Mixed Animal).Congrats! When is your interview, and are you large or small animal?
Oh ok, I'm assuming the large animal interview day will be later than that so there's still hope for me. Best of luck! 🙂Thanks! Mine is set for the 27th of January! And I'm both. (Mixed Animal).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm sure there's still hope! 🙂Oh ok, I'm assuming the large animal interview day will be later than that so there's still hope for me. Best of luck! 🙂
Oh ok, I'm assuming the large animal interview day will be later than that so there's still hope for me. Best of luck! 🙂
That's what I keep telling myself as well
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I'm Small Animal but just got the interview invite today!!
I know they're most likely done sending out emails for today but every time my phone buzzes for an email my hr increases
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 174
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 52K