This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm OOS and also haven't heard anything, but from what I understand they send out interview invites through January so there is still hope!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I believe they send out an initial round of rejections, and then interview invites, and then finally they send out the rest of the rejections. I remember people waiting a really long time last year for rejections. It seems like highly qualified applicants get the first day or so on interview days, but still not everyone is accepted from those days, so it's not like a shoe-in. I will say though, I was on the second day of interviews last year (my previous SDN account was vetmedflutist if you look at last years thread) and I now go to school with quite a few people that were also on my interview day. Good luck to all of you still waiting! Hoping for the best!!

I'm out of state and by looking at the days when people received interviews so far that they notify people on Thursdays. Looks like every Thursday until we hear will be a little stressful

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm also OOS and have not heard anything. But I'm interested in LA/equine I think someone who goes there said they do most of them on one of the last days because they tour NBC so I'm still hopeful:xf:

I'm also OOS and have not heard anything. But I'm interested in LA/equine I think someone who goes there said they do most of them on one of the last days because they tour NBC so I'm still hopeful:xf:
I'm also interested in equine, I've never visited but I've heard amazing things about NBC! Praying that we get invited to interview on the LA day :)

I said my interest was in research so I have no clue if I get an interview when it'll be

I said my interest was in research so I have no clue if I get an interview when it'll be

I said my interest is research too, but didnt apply to the dual degree program. Still havent heard one way or the other OOS.

Reactions: 1 users
I believe they send out an initial round of rejections, and then interview invites, and then finally they send out the rest of the rejections. I remember people waiting a really long time last year for rejections. It seems like highly qualified applicants get the first day or so on interview days, but still not everyone is accepted from those days, so it's not like a shoe-in. I will say though, I was on the second day of interviews last year (my previous SDN account was vetmedflutist if you look at last years thread) and I now go to school with quite a few people that were also on my interview day. Good luck to all of you still waiting! Hoping for the best!!
Just curious... do you have any guess as to what the likelihood of getting accepted is once you have an interview? I believe I'm interviewing the second day (if im correct that they do it only on fridays and im the second friday), and I just wish i had some idea of what my chances are like. Penn is one of 3 schools I have left in the running and its my top choice!

They tend to call people the next week if you are accepted. I got called the monday after my interview, and it was MLK day, so technically the university was actually closed I think, at least we have off in the vet school.

Honestly, they already are interested in you if you have an interview. My only advice is to go there and be yourself. Talk with the student admissions board, don't be afraid to ask questions and talk about why you love Penn so much! Don't be afraid to take time to pause and think when answering questions in the interview. Everyone there that day wants you to feel as comfortable as possible, they just want you to be you.

I stated my interest was in Mixed Animal so I'm hoping that they've lumped me in with the LA peeps! Fingers crossed!

Just curious... do you have any guess as to what the likelihood of getting accepted is once you have an interview? I believe I'm interviewing the second day (if im correct that they do it only on fridays and im the second friday), and I just wish i had some idea of what my chances are like. Penn is one of 3 schools I have left in the running and its my top choice!
Do you mean Jan 20th? I'll be there that day as well! :p

Anyone get an email for interviews today? I'm trying to figure out if they sent them out today or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone get an email for interviews today? I'm trying to figure out if they sent them out today or not.

Neither have I. I've been counting down to every Thursday but it just ends the same way...with no email

Nothing for me today either, maybe they just didn't send them today because I'm sure at least one person on here would've gotten something! Don't lose hope guys, there's still a lot more interview dates!

Reactions: 3 users
Our winter break started on Dec. 16, but I'm not sure what schedule the admissions office goes by. What I've seen based on APVMA on facebook and on here, 3 rounds have gone out: Dec8th for Jan 6th interview, Dec 12th for Jan 13th, and Dec 15th for Jan 20th. I would assume that if a round doesn't go out today, another one probably won't go out until January. We start everything back up again on Jan 3.

Reactions: 2 users
Our winter break started on Dec. 16, but I'm not sure what schedule the admissions office goes by. What I've seen based on APVMA on facebook and on here, 3 rounds have gone out: Dec8th for Jan 6th interview, Dec 12th for Jan 13th, and Dec 15th for Jan 20th. I would assume that if a round doesn't go out today, another one probably won't go out until January. We start everything back up again on Jan 3.

Ok thanks! My VMD-PhD application said we would hear back from that program mid December which I thought would be this week. I'll just have to muster up some more patience

I forgot to send in my picture until today... it was due Dec. 15 along with the confirmation of the interview. Anyone have any idea how this will affect my interview?

Got notified the 15th of December for my interview on the 20th! Happy to share stats, etc, with anyone. Also...forgot to send my pic :( I plan to do it when I get home today...hopefully not too late.

Ok thanks! My VMD-PhD application said we would hear back from that program mid December which I thought would be this week. I'll just have to muster up some more patience

I was rejected...did you get an interview???

And did you find out when you heard about your interview?

Would you have another chance to be reviewed in the DVM pool?

Yes. I received an invitation to interview for the veterinary school before I received a rejection for the PhD program. You must be a feasible candidate for the VMD program to be considered for the PhD portion.

Yes. I received an invitation to interview for the veterinary school before I received a rejection for the PhD program. You must be a feasible candidate for the VMD program to be considered for the PhD portion.

Congrats on getting the interview invitation!
If you would like to add a PhD program I am sure there will be more opportunities after you start the DVM program!

Should there be a few more waves of interview invites to go out? Thank you!!

Should there be a few more waves of interview invites to go out? Thank you!!
According to last year's thread, the last wave of invites went out on 1/21 so we still have awhile to hold out hope! lol

Reactions: 4 users
According to last year's thread, the last wave of invites went out on 1/21 so we still have awhile to hold out hope! lol

Any they've been closed so that's probably why there's been a lack of interviews for everyone since the 15th. Maybe the combined program notifies you of their decision after admissions grants interviews

Does anyone have a good link or advice for what the interviews are like?
I have one coming up, but haven't found a link with info on the actual interview

I got an invite today!

Reactions: 4 users
Thanks! Mine is set for the 27th of January! And I'm both. (Mixed Animal).
Oh ok, I'm assuming the large animal interview day will be later than that so there's still hope for me. Best of luck! :)

I'm Small Animal but just got the interview invite today!!

Reactions: 7 users
I know they're most likely done sending out emails for today but every time my phone buzzes for an email my hr increases

Reactions: 2 users
I got an invite today as well and also listed myself as mixed animal- I'm OOS.