You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UPenn Class of 2021 applicants
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Based on my experience consulting with dozens of veterinarians on their student debt loads coming from schools like Penn, be EXTREMELY passionate about vet med before you sign up to go. You have to literally have no other profession in the world that will make you happy.
The average debt that I help people manage out of Penn is $350,000 to $400,000. The average incomes are between $70,000 to $80,000.
In 4 years, those average debt numbers will likely be closer to $450,000-$500,000, and incomes will probably be around $80,000 to $85,000. Just be really well informed about what you're getting yourself into before you sign on the dotted line. Some of my clients say they'd do it again, and some say they wish they had never gone.
The average debt that I help people manage out of Penn is $350,000 to $400,000. The average incomes are between $70,000 to $80,000.
In 4 years, those average debt numbers will likely be closer to $450,000-$500,000, and incomes will probably be around $80,000 to $85,000. Just be really well informed about what you're getting yourself into before you sign on the dotted line. Some of my clients say they'd do it again, and some say they wish they had never gone.
As each day passes my soul is leaving my body (and my horcruxes) a little bit more 
....this waiting game is killing meeeeeeee.......I was accepted to Western in California (their interview process also resulted in several mini anxiety attacks xDD)......but UPenn is my #1....... Fingers, toes, pretty much everything is crossed......hoping beyond hope I get an interview.

....this waiting game is killing meeeeeeee.......I was accepted to Western in California (their interview process also resulted in several mini anxiety attacks xDD)......but UPenn is my #1....... Fingers, toes, pretty much everything is crossed......hoping beyond hope I get an interview.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got my large animal invite today! Anybody else wondering what to wear for such a long day that includes both interviewing and a dairy barn tour?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Interviewing tomorrow if anyone else tomorrow wants to talk.
Just a plug for you guys to come to our happy hour tomorrow after your interviews! The interview will be over and none of the admissions people will be there, and you won't have to worry about being your most perfect self! Happy hours are a fun tradition that happen every friday night in the vet school, and we all want to meet you guys and help you relax after your interview day!
I declined my interview today in light of being offered a place at my IS and dream school, Cornell. Here's hoping it's given to one of you deserving people!!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Congratulations on Cornell!!!I declined my interview today in light of being offered a place at my IS and dream school, Cornell. Here's hoping it's given to one of you deserving people!!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
still waiting........ lol. Congrats to the latest interviewees!
Good luck tomorrow guys! You'll probably see me floating around on your tour
Second that you should all to go to happy hour! Usually pretty decent $1-2 beers, occasionally games, just kind of depends.
So it turns out the dual program mailed their decision letter to my apartment at school. I won't be back until tomorrow night and it's gonna be a long car ride tomorrow knowing that letter is sitting in my mailbox [emoji26]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got my large animal invite today! Anybody else wondering what to wear for such a long day that includes both interviewing and a dairy barn tour?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
What date is your interview?
Does anyone know if they have multiple large animal interview dates or if we selected large animal interest and didn't get an interview yet, we are probably not getting one?
Hey! I'm IS, listed as Food Animal/Equine. Invited. 🙂
There is only one interview day that they go out to new Bolton, but large animal focus people do get interviewed other days because they can't accommodate everyone that day.What date is your interview?
Does anyone know if they have multiple large animal interview dates or if we selected large animal interest and didn't get an interview yet, we are probably not getting one?
What date is your interview?
Does anyone know if they have multiple large animal interview dates or if we selected large animal interest and didn't get an interview yet, we are probably not getting one?
It's February 3! Not sure whether they'll be sending more..
I declined my interview today in light of being offered a place at my IS and dream school, Cornell. Here's hoping it's given to one of you deserving people!!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I will be declining as well, for the same reason. Best of luck to you all still waiting and those interviewing!
Historically, if we haven't heard anything from them by now, does it mean we've been rejected?
I figured out the answer by stalking last year's forum! Interview invites went out all the way through Jan. 21st and rejection letters were sent via email on Feb. 3rd. Thought others would like to know!Historically, if we haven't heard anything from them by now, does it mean we've been rejected?
Received my rejection for their combined program [emoji29] After seeing lbecktell's stats though, I'm not surprised
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Anyone who has already received an invite willing to share their stats?
Anyone who has already received an invite willing to share their stats?
Message me privately
Me too! My interviewer (Dr. Cole) called me around 9:45I just got the call!!!!!! OOS, interviewed 1/6
who was youre interviewer??I just got the call!!!!!! OOS, interviewed 1/6
Dr Cole is the best!Me too! My interviewer (Dr. Cole) called me around 9:45

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
who was youre interviewer??
Cole as well. Morning group.
I have no idea how (I thought my interview went terribly) but I just got the call that I was accepted! In total shock.
I interviewed in the afternoon
I interviewed in the afternoon
Congrats!! That's so exciting! Who was your interviewer?I have no idea how (I thought my interview went terribly) but I just got the call that I was accepted! In total shock.
I interviewed in the afternoon
Last edited:
Got the call from Dr. Bryant a few minutes ago!
Congrats!! That's so exciting! Who was your interviewer?
I interviewed with Dr. Bryant! It definitely looks like it's the interviewers that are making the calls.
Anyone get a call from Dr. Arbittier?
How did the interviews go everyone? I have one next week and am very nervous. Words of advice?
Can any current students talk to me about Penn now that I've been accepted?
I'm excited about the school but the price tag seems astronomical.
I'm excited about the school but the price tag seems astronomical.
Congrats to everyone who was accepted! Still hoping for some sort of miracle over here to get an interview invite, but seeing all of your success makes me so happy!! Great job! 🙂
Is anyone else who interviewed and didn't get a call nervous?
Lol I am... No one else seems to have heard from my interviewer (Dr. Eigner) but still I am freaking out haha
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I had Dr. Eigner..still havent heard anything
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had Dr. Eigner..still havent heard anything
Ok well maybe she just hasn't had time to call yet... fingers crossed!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I'm hoping it's the same case with Dr. Henthorn hahaha this is just too stressfulOk well maybe she just hasn't had time to call yet... fingers crossed!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
How did the interviews go everyone? I have one next week and am very nervous. Words of advice?
They went well! Very low stress (seriously) and everyone was incredibly friendly. The only thing I really suggest is coming with questions. You get a fairly good chunk of time in between the tour and interview where you essentially hang out with current VMD students. They're willing to answer any question you may have. I didn't have time to ask my interviewer questions (and I'd also feel silly asking her questions about housing, time management, etc.), so it's an ideal opportunity to get know the school outside of academics.
I'd be happy to talk to you, you can pm me your questions if you want and I'll answer them to the best of my ability 🙂Can any current students talk to me about Penn now that I've been accepted?
I'm excited about the school but the price tag seems astronomical.
Congrats everyone!!
Has anyone who wasn't interviewed by Dr. Cole or Dr. Bryant get a call?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 185
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 52K
Still holding out hope for myself as well!