This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who wasn't interviewed by Dr. Cole or Dr. Bryant get a call?

Not me... and I was interviewed by Dr Eigner btw

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Any updates from anyone? Seems like Dr. Cole and Dr. Bryant are the only ones to give calls today? I'm hoping thats the case but curious as to why they were the only ones...

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I still did not hear anything at all since October...:(

Still nothing from Dr. Eigner, getting nervous..

Yea I haven't heard anything from her either... She may just not be doing calls yet (or at all). I was talking to a friend of mine who goes to PennVet, and she said calls are entirely dependent on the interviewer, so not to worry too much!

would people who got accepted mind posting their stats?? I have my interview this friday and im anxious!

Got an email yesterday that I'm on Hold Status. Does anyone know when I'm likely to hear their final decision? I interviewed last Friday with Dr. Grandstaff

Got an email yesterday that I'm on Hold Status. Does anyone know when I'm likely to hear their final decision? I interviewed last Friday with Dr. Grandstaff
I believe those on hold status are re-evaluated each week with the new interviewees. So it could be a week, but it could take until they are done all interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got my interview invite for the Large Animal day (feb 3rd)!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can any current students talk to me about Penn now that I've been accepted?

I'm excited about the school but the price tag seems astronomical.
Hey, first year here. If you have any more questions PM me, and I'll try to help out! (I see someone else already offered but thought I'd offer a second opinion lol)

I haven't gotten an interview or heard anything from Penn since the acknowledgment that I applied in September. Anyone else? I am OOS.

By the way, congrats to those of y'all already getting accepted. I'm totally jealous!

Reactions: 6 users
I haven't gotten an interview or heard anything from Penn since the acknowledgment that I applied in September. Anyone else? I am OOS.

By the way, congrats to those of y'all already getting accepted. I'm totally jealous!
I haven't heard anything since then either. Just trying to keep busy and not think about it too much haha

Hi guys! Is anyone who interviewed on the 6th still waiting to hear back with a decision? I know they mentioned it could take up to two weeks, but it seems that most people hear back sooner.

I absolutely bombed my interview and I can tell that I severely disappointed the person interviewing me. I wasn't expecting to be asked something personal right off the bat. I was prepared to answer normal interview questions but the tone set at the beginning wasn't at all what I imagined it would be. And I totally BLANKED on a question that I ABSOLUTELY should have known in the last 10 minutes of my interview. That was really, really hard but I'm not sure that I could have prepared any more for this interview at UPenn.

Future students beware, if you mentioned a hardship be prepared to talk about it IN DEPTH. My pre-vet advisor told me to be honest, and I was. But I didn't prepare to talk about it in depth and it completely threw me off for my interview. Questions that I should have known were completely missed.

The next day I totally killed it at my interview at Mizzou. I came prepared for those types of questions. GAH. This wasn't what I wanted for my interview at UPenn.

If you read this and thought you bombed your interview, I hope this was somewhat reassuring for you lol. This means that someone else is going to take my spot and you honestly couldn't have done worse than me.

I absolutely bombed my interview and I can tell that I severely disappointed the person interviewing me. I wasn't expecting to be asked something personal right off the bat. I was prepared to answer normal interview questions but the tone set at the beginning wasn't at all what I imagined it would be. And I totally BLANKED on a question that I ABSOLUTELY should have known in the last 10 minutes of my interview. That was really, really hard but I'm not sure that I could have prepared any more for this interview at UPenn.

Future students beware, if you mentioned a hardship be prepared to talk about it IN DEPTH. My pre-vet advisor told me to be honest, and I was. But I didn't prepare to talk about it in depth and it completely threw me off for my interview. Questions that I should have known were completely missed.

The next day I totally killed it at my interview at Mizzou. I came prepared for those types of questions. GAH. This wasn't what I wanted for my interview at UPenn.

If you read this and thought you bombed your interview, I hope this was somewhat reassuring for you lol. This means that someone else is going to take my spot and you honestly couldn't have done worse than me.
I'm sorry to hear about that. Have you heard back yet? Who knows, maybe you will still get in! Ya never know until you hear. Who was your interviewer?

Hi guys! Is anyone who interviewed on the 6th still waiting to hear back with a decision? I know they mentioned it could take up to two weeks, but it seems that most people hear back sooner.
I have not heard back yet. Who did you interview with?

I have not heard back yet. Who did you interview with?
I interviewed with Dr. Holt! I saw in last year's thread that she was fairly quick about contacting students. I've been glued to my phone since Monday lol Who was your interviewer?

I interviewed with Dr. Holt! I saw in last year's thread that she was fairly quick about contacting students. I've been glued to my phone since Monday lol Who was your interviewer?
I had Dr. Eigner. I have not heard anyone who has interviewed with Dr. Holt so I can not help you out there. I'm holding out that Eigner has not made calls yet, but who the heck knows.

Were the questions about you specifically? Or were they specific to vet med? What was it that made it difficult? Just the more personal aspect of it? Also, I am sorry to hear that you feel it didn't go well, but there is still hope because you have not gotten a call yet. Congrats on the better second interview! Good luck!

I also interviewed with Dr. Holt and have not heard anything!

I haven't heard anything since then either. Just trying to keep busy and not think about it too much haha

Same here! I told myself that at least I did not get a rejection either!
Looking at last year's thread, people got interview invites until Jan 21, and people in the last group of interview were still accepted, so there is still hope!

Congrats to everyone interviewed and accepted, great job!!!

Reactions: 3 users
I spoke too soon! Just got a call from Rob DiMeo that I got in!! This is my first acceptance and I legit started crying after I hung up haha
OOS
Interviewed with Dr. Holt

Reactions: 2 users
I spoke too soon! Just got a call from Rob DiMeo that I got in!! This is my first acceptance and I legit started crying after I hung up haha
OOS
Interviewed with Dr. Holt

So is he calling the rest of the people from Friday who were accepted, but haven't heard from their interviewer? Did he say aything about that?

So is he calling the rest of the people from Friday who were accepted, but haven't heard from their interviewer? Did he say aything about that?

I'm not sure about the other interviewers but he did say something about Dr. Holt asking him to call me so I guess he's making her calls. Though I wouldn't be surprised if other interviewers are doing the same thing! I was in too much shock to really say anything but thank you a billion times.

I'm really sorry you feel you did poorly on your interview. I know how terrible that feels because I had the same thing happen to me when interviewing at Penn. I woke up the morning of my interview with a stomach virus and was vomiting. I knew I couldn't reschedule, so I pulled myself together as best I could and went in. I felt like crap the whole time and I stumbled over answers, I should have been able to quickly and intelligently respond to. Once I recovered from my sickness, I cried, knowing I completely blew it. But, by some miracle, a few days later, I got the call that I was accepted! So there is still some hope for you too. :)

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the call from Dr. Eigner... accepted IS!

Reactions: 5 users
Living vicariously through all of you right now

to the people that have already interviewed: where did you end up staying? Did you book one of the hotels nearby or go a different route? I was thinking of getting an Airbnb nearby, not sure if parking is going to be a pain in the ass though.

to the people that have already interviewed: where did you end up staying? Did you book one of the hotels nearby or go a different route? I was thinking of getting an Airbnb nearby, not sure if parking is going to be a pain in the ass though.
It's philly, parking is always a pain in the ass, but you should be able to find something though you may have to walk a few blocks.

Hey guys! Anyone know when we get our acceptance letter. I kind of don't believe I got in and need something tangible before I make any moves to cancel interviews

Hey guys! Anyone know when we get our acceptance letter. I kind of don't believe I got in and need something tangible before I make any moves to cancel interviews
I think it comes like 2 weeks later. But if you got a call, you're in! You can always email admissions and double check if you really want to. I heard that every year they get tons of emails because a lot of people think the call was a mistake and want to make sure!

I stayed at the Sheraton City Hotel. Its kind of expensive but they have parking available for $25/day and you can leave your car there until 6pm. Also you can leave you stuff at the hotel all day after you've checked out. Its 10 min. walk to the vet building and for me the expense was worth it because parking is a pain in the ass around that area all the hotels were somewhat expensive.

Good luck to everyone with interviews today!! And for those of us still waiting - stay positive and keep breathing!!! :poke: :nod:

Reactions: 4 users
Still haven't heard anything. Anyone know at this point if we get invited to an interview when it would be? I already have plans to travel to other vet schools over the last week of January and the first week of February so I'm worried that if I even do get offered an interview it will overlap with another one. :eek:

Still haven't heard anything. Anyone know at this point if we get invited to an interview when it would be? I already have plans to travel to other vet schools over the last week of January and the first week of February so I'm worried that if I even do get offered an interview it will overlap with another one. :eek:
They do interviews only on Fridays, and looks like they already sent out invites for Feb 3rd, so I think the next interview date should be Feb 10th!

At this point, I'll be ok if I don't get in because the school I've been accepted has lower tuition by a good bit

They do interviews only on Fridays, and looks like they already sent out invites for Feb 3rd, so I think the next interview date should be Feb 10th!
Thanks! I'll keep my fingers crossed. Although I haven't heard anyone say they've received an interview invite lately so that makes me nervous!

Thanks! I'll keep my fingers crossed. Although I haven't heard anyone say they've received an interview invite lately so that makes me nervous!

I am hoping they will send out a few more invites next week! Because if not and if they are done with sending invites I could have already received a rejection... and before I get one, there is still hope!

I am hoping they will send out a few more invites next week! Because if not and if they are done with sending invites I could have already received a rejection... and before I get one, there is still hope!
That's what I keep telling myself too- I may not have been accepted yet but I haven't been rejected either! Do you know if they send rejections via email or snail mail?

That's what I keep telling myself too- I may not have been accepted yet but I haven't been rejected either! Do you know if they send rejections via email or snail mail?

Email I guess? Some people said earlier in this thread that they got theirs via email. But I don't know how they will send out the last batch of rejections once they are done sending out all the invites (which I learned somewhere will be around Feb 3rd)

Email I guess? Some people said earlier in this thread that they got theirs via email. But I don't know how they will send out the last batch of rejections once they are done sending out all the invites (which I learned somewhere will be around Feb 3rd)
Historically rejections are sent via email.

any one care to elaborate on what the student interview thing is?

It's not really like the students are interviewing you per say, its more that (from my understanding) your interaction with them throughout the day holds some weight later on when they are deciding your fate (lol). The students took us for a tour around the school and hung out with us while we were waiting for interviews. They were all really friendly and helpful, no one was intimidating or tried to make it seem like there needed to be pressure at all times.

It's not really like the students are interviewing you per say, its more that (from my understanding) your interaction with them throughout the day holds some weight later on when they are deciding your fate (lol). The students took us for a tour around the school and hung out with us while we were waiting for interviews. They were all really friendly and helpful, no one was intimidating or tried to make it seem like there needed to be pressure at all times.

thanks! im super nervous - this is my last interview and i think i pretty much bombed one of the two previous i had (applied to 4 schools, 3 interviews and 1 waitlist) but at least penn gets back quickly with acceptances so its not a waiting game .