UPenn Dental Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I’m international. I’ve just been getting the email about my application being complete and that it’s progressing through a multitiered process

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed last week with my application being confirmed mid July. Has anyone been accepted yet who interviewed post Dec 15th?

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard of anyone getting rejections yet. I received another email this morning saying that theyre still considering my application and that it's still under consideration. Not sure if that means much this far into the cycle. My app was complete in September, has anyone who's app was complete then or even later gotten interviews or anything? Im OOS btw
i completed my application on dec 15 lol and was invited for interview on Jan 10th. Also OOS.

Did anyone who interviewed in mid January ask when you would hear back with a decision? Based on last years thread it seems like it's going to be next week.

What are your stats like?
3.9cGPA 22AA 200+ paid dental assistant 300+ shadowing 300+ research w/paper published 400+ community service and multiple leadership positions in clubs and nonprofit org

Does anyone know the % chance of acceptance when given an interview? Also, how close to the interview date will they send the schedule for the day?
if i recall correctly it was about 3 interviewed candidates per seat. I got the detailed schedule 2 days prior

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The group also has a lot of current dental students at UPenn that are running the group, so it’s definitely not full. Also some ppl won’t take the seat even if they’re in the group

Does anyone know how many seats there are total? I know it normally ranges from 115-150, but was wondering if anyone has an exact number for the class of 2027? The PDM facebook group has 112 members in it currently

Yeah don’t go based off the fb group. I didn’t accept Penn’s offer and I can see at least a few others that I know didn’t accept the offer either, just hanging out in there. Along with the many current students in there, the number is off

Is it standard that it takes about 2-3 weeks from your interview day for decisions to come out, or will all the post dec dates get decisions on the same day if you had to make an educated guess?
my guess is that it’s by waves. They probably waitlist most and accept a few during a period after another until they get through all applications.

Will they call for acceptances this time or is it gonna be through an email.

Does anyone know how many seats there are total? I know it normally ranges from 115-150, but was wondering if anyone has an exact number for the class of 2027? The PDM facebook group has 112 members in it currently
150 students in class of 2027 with 50 more PASS students joining in D2 year

Does anyone know if it is appropriate to send both an email thank you and mail a hand written thank you, or would one be better than the other? I am afraid the hand written one won't make it to the interviewers on time, but sending just an email also sounds lazy, so I was considering both... lmk thanks!

Just email it’s not lazy that’s how the modern world communicates

Does anyone know if it is appropriate to send both an email thank you and mail a hand written thank you, or would one be better than the other? I am afraid the hand written one won't make it to the interviewers on time, but sending just an email also sounds lazy, so I was considering both... lmk thanks!
You can express mail the letters and they get them the same or next day depending on where you live

did you interview today?

They also emailed me and said late january/early February so I just assumed

I also emailed them and they said late january/early february Which I assumed would also be like this week

I interviewed today and they said it could be anytime from after a few days or a month? I'm guessing maybe a week or two from today

I interviewed today and they said it could be anytime from after a few days or a month? I'm guessing maybe a week or two from today
That's for you though right? Not people that interviews liked more than a month ago ?