-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UPenn Dental Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread
Started by artist2022
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
egglover478
New Member
I interviewed last week with my application being confirmed mid July. Has anyone been accepted yet who interviewed post Dec 15th?
I interviewed last week with my application being confirmed mid July. Has anyone been accepted yet who interviewed post Dec 15th?
How was the interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
egglover478
New Member
It was good! Pretty laid back and asked typical interview questions.How was the interview?
dududental
Full Member
i completed my application on dec 15 lol and was invited for interview on Jan 10th. Also OOS.I haven't heard of anyone getting rejections yet. I received another email this morning saying that theyre still considering my application and that it's still under consideration. Not sure if that means much this far into the cycle. My app was complete in September, has anyone who's app was complete then or even later gotten interviews or anything? Im OOS btw
What are your stats like?i completed my application on dec 15 lol and was invited for interview on Jan 10th. Also OOS.
Did anyone who interviewed in mid January ask when you would hear back with a decision? Based on last years thread it seems like it's going to be next week.
tinydentistboi
Full Member
I was told early February
dududental
Full Member
3.9cGPA 22AA 200+ paid dental assistant 300+ shadowing 300+ research w/paper published 400+ community service and multiple leadership positions in clubs and nonprofit orgWhat are your stats like?
dududental
Full Member
I was told sometimes early on Feb as wellI was told early February
Erin33
Full Member
Does Penn accept letter of interest?
No
dududental
Full Member
if i recall correctly it was about 3 interviewed candidates per seat. I got the detailed schedule 2 days priorDoes anyone know the % chance of acceptance when given an interview? Also, how close to the interview date will they send the schedule for the day?
The group also has a lot of current dental students at UPenn that are running the group, so it’s definitely not full. Also some ppl won’t take the seat even if they’re in the group
Does anyone know how many seats there are total? I know it normally ranges from 115-150, but was wondering if anyone has an exact number for the class of 2027? The PDM facebook group has 112 members in it currently
Yeah don’t go based off the fb group. I didn’t accept Penn’s offer and I can see at least a few others that I know didn’t accept the offer either, just hanging out in there. Along with the many current students in there, the number is off
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
tinydentistboi
Full Member
Do we think we are going to hear back tomorrow?
tinydentistboi
Full Member
Just be yourself! They are the nicest interviewers you will ever meet!Any last minute interview tips? Super stressed over here hah!
Just be yourself! They are the nicest interviewers you will ever meet!
Literally it was a 0 stress day
It seems like we might hear on friday based off of last years thread, idk thoDo we think we are going to hear back tomorrow?
dududental
Full Member
i think 2/2 is the last interview date before second wave so probably sometimes this week or next i assumeIt seems like we might hear on friday based off of last years thread, idk tho
dududental
Full Member
my guess is that it’s by waves. They probably waitlist most and accept a few during a period after another until they get through all applications.Is it standard that it takes about 2-3 weeks from your interview day for decisions to come out, or will all the post dec dates get decisions on the same day if you had to make an educated guess?
isaiahbiltor
Full Member
Will they call for acceptances this time or is it gonna be through an email.
mypearlyteethnme
Full Member
150 students in class of 2027 with 50 more PASS students joining in D2 yearDoes anyone know how many seats there are total? I know it normally ranges from 115-150, but was wondering if anyone has an exact number for the class of 2027? The PDM facebook group has 112 members in it currently
Does anyone know if it is appropriate to send both an email thank you and mail a hand written thank you, or would one be better than the other? I am afraid the hand written one won't make it to the interviewers on time, but sending just an email also sounds lazy, so I was considering both... lmk thanks!
Just email it’s not lazy that’s how the modern world communicates
You can express mail the letters and they get them the same or next day depending on where you liveDoes anyone know if it is appropriate to send both an email thank you and mail a hand written thank you, or would one be better than the other? I am afraid the hand written one won't make it to the interviewers on time, but sending just an email also sounds lazy, so I was considering both... lmk thanks!
Or, what I did was I wrote a letter on word, hand signed it using my iPad, and then wrote them a brief thank you email and attached the letter. Probably your best option
Does anyone know if it is appropriate to send both an email thank you and mail a hand written thank you, or would one be better than the other? I am afraid the hand written one won't make it to the interviewers on time, but sending just an email also sounds lazy, so I was considering both... lmk thanks!
did you interview today?
isaiahbiltor
Full Member
did Anybody Hear back yet?
tinydentistboi
Full Member
Nope 🙁
Nope
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
tinydentistboi
Full Member
Is today supposedly the day we hear back?
yes it was just a guess that the admissions would send out a few acceptances today for the post dec interviewIs today supposedly the day we hear back?
isaiahbiltor
Full Member
They also emailed me and said late january/early February so I just assumed
tinydentistboi
Full Member
Maybe they are just running a little behind today 😵💫 hopefully….
thedocbaker
New Member
Is there still a chance to receive an interview invite?
isaiahbiltor
Full Member
I also emailed them and they said late january/early february Which I assumed would also be like this week
they interview into march, I would assume soIs there still a chance to receive an interview invite?
I interviewed today and they said it could be anytime from after a few days or a month? I'm guessing maybe a week or two from today
isaiahbiltor
Full Member
That's for you though right? Not people that interviews liked more than a month ago ?I interviewed today and they said it could be anytime from after a few days or a month? I'm guessing maybe a week or two from today
tinydentistboi
Full Member
It is starting to look like we are going to hear back Monday :/
I guess so unless they're grouping everyone from a month ago up until now and notifying them altogetherThat's for you though right? Not people that interviews liked more than a month ago ?
Today 2/3You interviewed February 2nd or 3rd?
tinydentistboi
Full Member
Any updates on acceptances?
isaiahbiltor
Full Member
I'm so anxious
tinydentistboi
Full Member
Still nothing? 🥲
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dont lose hope yet…I know somebody that got accepted second week of May couple of years back that got interviewed September from the previous year.Still nothing? 🥲
dududental
Full Member
accepted through email!
also accepted through email
accepted through email!
when did you interview?
dududental
Full Member
applied 12/15 interviewed 1/19when did you interview?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 6K