Upselling Rx Flavoring?

Started by Sparda29
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Damn, you students crack me up...if you ever came to me and said that to me face to face, youd wind up cracked in the nose...how asinine...Wait till your in the hot seat yourself...45 seconds??? if i know what im doing??? I just cant read this forum no more...

Ahhh come on Doctor M don't let the little students and wanna be students get you down. They post the dumbest things sometimes. Its good for comic relief and its better than asking us their kinetics homework questions!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ahhh come on Doctor M don't let the little students and wanna be students get you down. They post the dumbest things sometimes. Its good for comic relief and its better than asking us their kinetics homework questions!

hahaha, i was having a bad day yesterday...i do what everyone else does...take it out on someone else! Kinetics???please, ive been out of school 5 years and its been 7 years since kinetics...all i remember is T1/2 * 5!!!
 
i wonder why Target provides this service for free? just to get an edge on competitors? no one really seems to care...I mean it is free and we do maybe 2 flavorings a week?

to answer why target gives it for free, they just want the customer to shop in the front store. target doesnt care at all for pharmacy. when i was there, they were clear that you must let a customer shop as long as possible. a target pharmacy guest shops in the store 6 more time a year than any regular target guests
 
Speaking of upselling...

Our district had the weekly front store manager meeting, one question posed was how to improve pharmacy triple S in the area of the drive thru...

*how the hell would a fs manager have any idea about a drive thru? ours avoids us like the plague*

Our district took the top 3 and considered them then implemented them....

So now we have to: Fill scripts in 10 mins or less for waiters, answer dr line in 10 seconds or less, answer regular line in 15 minutes or less, run register, upsell flavor rx, all the drive thru bull, and no where, i mean nowhere, on that list is properly filling an RX.

hrm??

Really? these things should be mentioned to your DM or Sup. I know Mr. Brothers would make sure your manager cared more about your pharmacy.
 
15 seconds is quite fast to answer the phone, I've called other stores to check for items and sometimes I've waited like 4 minutes before even speaking to someone.

haha they probably do the "pick up and immediate hold" on you. sometimes i count how many times they put you back on hold with CVS, usually you can tell with the two clicks that interrupt the music.

15 seconds is kind of a long time...well, it is just sitting here. i forgot it just blows by when you're a monkey running around in the circus juggling bowling pins.
 
haha they probably do the "pick up and immediate hold" on you. sometimes i count how many times they put you back on hold with CVS, usually you can tell with the two clicks that interrupt the music.

15 seconds is kind of a long time...well, it is just sitting here. i forgot it just blows by when you're a monkey running around in the circus juggling bowling pins.

Probably, personally that "one pharmacy call", "two pharmacy calls", "three pharmacy calls" is annoying enough for me to just chuck a bottle of penicillin at someone.
 
Probably, personally that "one pharmacy call", "two pharmacy calls", "three pharmacy calls" is annoying enough for me to just chuck a bottle of penicillin at someone.

i walked into CVS and heard it again after not working for a few months and i swear to god i have PTSD or something, i wanted to throw something.
 
It's better than having 10 Walgreens phones ringing in your ear while you're trying to counsel a patient. Especially if the pharmacist is logged on to the front computer and all the doctor calls ring right by the register. I'd take a voice over that!
 
It's better than having 10 Walgreens phones ringing in your ear while you're trying to counsel a patient. Especially if the pharmacist is logged on to the front computer and all the doctor calls ring right by the register. I'd take a voice over that!

It would be much easier to just eliminate voice prescriptions, just have all the MDs use electronic prescriptions.
 
Yeah right.... I'd rather take a phone-in Rx! We have offices here that are 100% e-prescribing and it's a freaking nightmare. The systems they use are just drop-down boxes, so 40% of the time they choose the wrong drug from the options, or pick the wrong directions, or forget to put a quantity so that the quantity shows up as "****". I spend more time calling on e-scripts than I do if the doc calls and I can clarify things right then and there. Theoretically it should be great, but in reality it's just one more way to make errors.
 
Yeah right.... I'd rather take a phone-in Rx! We have offices here that are 100% e-prescribing and it's a freaking nightmare. The systems they use are just drop-down boxes, so 40% of the time they choose the wrong drug from the options, or pick the wrong directions, or forget to put a quantity so that the quantity shows up as "****". I spend more time calling on e-scripts than I do if the doc calls and I can clarify things right then and there. Theoretically it should be great, but in reality it's just one more way to make errors.

Agreed. E-prescribing needs to be fixed before it enters into such widespread use.

I got a prescription the other day for "Lopressor 25mg 1 BID, #60 Extended-Release." Came in right as the physician's office closed, and I'm stuck having no idea what the heck we're supposed to dispense. If it had been a phone order, I could have just clarified then and there. Instead, the customer is stuck waiting through the weekend.
 
This is seriously what I imagine hell is like for bad pharmacists. Why would anyone put up with this? You’re nothing more than a trained monkey. Do this in 10 seconds get a treat. Do it in more than 10 seconds get the shock treatment.

Why, Why, Why??????

We don't even get a treat when we do a good, that confuses us, the monkeys :shrug:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Probably, personally that "one pharmacy call", "two pharmacy calls", "three pharmacy calls" is annoying enough for me to just chuck a bottle of penicillin at someone.

I think they make it extremely annoying so we will pick up the phone as soon as we hear it, I hear somebody presses the drive-up button when I'm at home sometimes :shrug:
 
Agreed. E-prescribing needs to be fixed before it enters into such widespread use.

I got a prescription the other day for "Lopressor 25mg 1 BID, #60 Extended-Release." Came in right as the physician's office closed, and I'm stuck having no idea what the heck we're supposed to dispense. If it had been a phone order, I could have just clarified then and there. Instead, the customer is stuck waiting through the weekend.

Yeah, what is with this Lopressor XL thing? I found a website mentioned XL version Lopressor when I was researching on Toprol XL generic shortage http://blogs.wsj.com/health/2009/01/28/generic-toprol-xl-scarce-after-problems-at-novartis-and-kv/ :shrug:
 
My god, "three pharmacy calls, one drive up call"...the humanityyyyyy...I cant take it no more. It will never stop...
 
they do. there are 40mg orange flavored "diskettes"

Can't get them anymore. DEA restricted them to:
[FONT=ARIAL, HELVETICA]only those facilities authorized for detoxification and maintenance treatment of opioid addiction, and hospitals. Manufacturers will instruct their wholesale distributors to discontinue supplying this formulation to any facility not meeting the above criteria..
http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/pubs/pressrel/methadone_advisory.htm
 
Speaking of upselling...

So now we have to: Fill scripts in 10 mins or less for waiters, answer dr line in 10 seconds or less, answer regular line in 15 minutes or less, run register, upsell flavor rx, all the drive thru bull, and no where, i mean nowhere, on that list is properly filling an RX.

hrm??

Don't forget to make your PCI calls.
 
Haha, i know right, they should have Pharmacy service as a competition in the Olympics. It's amazing how much stuff we are doing at one time



Speaking of upselling...



Our district took the top 3 and considered them then implemented them....
*We are required to leave the phone on the hook so the time taken to answer the drive thru can be timed from the time the buttons pressed, we have to answer it in 10s or less
*We have to have people thru the drive thru in 3 minutes or less (great... now insurance problems screw us)
*Cars should be in line for no more than 5 minutes (rush hour typically has 7 cars stacked. 3 mins per car gives the 7th car a 18 minute wait, wtf?)

All of this counts toward the 8 points in the Triple S.

So now we have to: Fill scripts in 10 mins or less for waiters, answer dr line in 10 seconds or less, answer regular line in 15 minutes or less, run register, upsell flavor rx, all the drive thru bull, and no where, i mean nowhere, on that list is properly filling an RX.

hrm??