Urgent Info! Do Dental Student Look for Patients while in Dental School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osahon7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do Dental School in Dental schools SOURCE for their own patients by themselves in other to meet clinical requirements???

Members don't see this ad.

Generally, no. But I believe this may depend on the school.

Generally, no. But I believe this may depend on the school.
Please I don't understand! "Depends on the
school" a friend in Africa Said, Dental Schools
in Africa requires Student to source for their
own patients to meet clinical requirements Else
THEY WONT BE ALLOWED TO
GRADUATE! I was wondering if its same with
America Dental School

Members don't see this ad :)
Please I don't understand! "Depends on the
school" a friend in Africa Said, Dental Schools
in Africa requires Student to source for their
own patients to meet clinical requirements Else
THEY WONT BE ALLOWED TO
GRADUATE! I was wondering if its same with
America Dental School
Some schools will require you to find some of your patients. It really depends on each school and their individual policy and procedures.

if the school has a big enough patient pool to give to all dental students, you dont need to (this is the goal all dental schools strive to have: a big enough patient pool for all their dental students)

however, life is not like a dream and some dental schools dont have big enough patient pool so their students have to go scout for their own patients. These dental schools are typically less favored and by a quick search you can identify some schools that have patient pool problem (no hate, but for ex: LECOM)

My school gave each student a pool of patients. A lot of these patients were sucked dry of procedures from previous years, however. So, even though the school "technically" gave everyone patients... for some unlucky individuals... it was as if they were given 0 patients. If that were the case, you would be wise to recruit your own patients in order to graduate on time.

My school gave each student a pool of patients. A lot of these patients were sucked dry of procedures from previous years, however. So, even though the school "technically" gave everyone patients... for some unlucky individuals... it was as if they were given 0 patients. If that were the case, you would be wise to recruit your own patients in order to graduate on time.
I think I should get something like a small business card and share to people at the grocery shops to get Patients!what you think?